“Very nice food and very nice staff”
Review of Rio Brazil - CLOSED

Rio Brazil
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice food and very nice staff”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just got back from the restaurant and it was amazing, the food was very nice and just keeps coming and coming. Also all staff were very nice and welcoming. Would recommend this restaurant to anybody

Cheadle, United Kingdom
“Really enjoyed it!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Reading some of the other reviews I was very suprised as my experience was a good one. My partner and I visited early on a saturday evening using a Groupon Voucher. Although I initially had some difficulty understanding the accented english of some of the staff I got the hang of things fairly quickly.

The free cocktails which came as part of the deal were too sweet for my taste so I opted for a pint of Peroni at £4.50. My partner enjoyed the cocktails and we ordered her a third, which she felt was somewhat stronger than the complimentary glasses.

We started with a visit to the salad bar which was ok, if not awe inspiring, and although the lettuce looked a little tired everything tasted fine, and I had a small portion of everything on offer, I emphasise small as I intended to have a meat feast!

Using the red/green card we very quickly were served with a spicy Brazilian style sausage and very succulent chicken thighs. Both were very good and the sausage was acceptable to my partner as hit had none of "those chewy bits you like"!

Next was shoulder of lamb, which I know when roasted can be a little chewy, but our servings were fine, served very thinly sliced the fat caramelised and peppery the meat just slightly overdone for my taste but perfect for my partner. The next selection was beef, the meat medium and slightly dry for my taste but very tasty. Then gammon, which was fine, well cooked and very juicy, there was an amount of fat on my serving but you would expect that from gammon. We then sampled the pork, which was excellent and not overcooked which gan be a problem with this meat, and the fat was cut by combining the serving with a slice of grilled pineaple with coconut which really complimented the pork. We also tried the chilli beef which was nice but a little dry and tough which we found unusual compared with the others.

I had considered visiting the hot buffet, mainly to get some extra veg but stuck with the coleslaw in the end. The waiters were very attentive, one chap who served us with lamb was told by my partner that it was too pink for her, so no thank you, he returned a few minutes later with a fresh skewer with well done portions. He also introduced us to the Brazilian steak even though we had the red card flying as he advised us the meat was excellent. he was not wrong. It was perfectly cooked, the fat brown and crispy the meat moist, tender and full of flavour. By this time my partner was full, and I was struggling with my brain telling me I was full and by mouth wanting to taste more of the Brazilian Steak. I compromised by deciding no pudding, and a small serving of the steak would be ok, the waiter did not agree and gave me a big slice of the lovely meat.

By the time we left the restaurant was filling up and the atmosphere was livening up. I would certainly go again, probably for the early diner deal and would recommend it for a change to the norm.

Buxton, England, United Kingdom
“Good Experience”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Went last Monday night with friends who had bought a Groupon voucher for us all. Had gone on Tripadvisor the night before to get the feel of the place, it did not make good reading, although there were a couple of good ones. This makes it one more good review!! Greeted by friendly staff who were very attentive throughout the whole evening. Lovely salad bar, and yes it was not labelled, but common sense tells you what things are and if not, trying food is all the fun! Plentiful meat brought out to the tables numerous times. Some beef dishes were nicer than others, but all food is a personal taste and preference. You could go up to the salad bar unlimited times. You were offered a set cocktail or a glass of Prosecco included in the Groupon deal. All in all, a lovely time was has by myself, husband and two friends. Would recommend. give it a go!!

Chorley, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I went with my husband to celebrate his birthday to Rio Brazil for the first (and last) time today. We bought a Groupon voucher which I am glad because if I had paid full price I would have been even more disappointed. The food was not labelled at the buffet so you had to guess what it was, some waiters were extremely miserable as if they were doing us a favour when they came to our table to serve us the meat. After a few minutes, they stopped coming to our table as often although we were still happy to be served more meat. I will not be going again with or without vouchers! Viva Brazil in LIverpool is a thousand times better, with 15 different meats and a lot of diversity at the buffet and wonderful service. The buffet at Rio Brazil hardly had any traditional Brazilian food... no farofa, plain rice, black beans, polenta frita, pastel, vinagrete, it was very disappointing. I do not recommend it.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank anaowen
Culcheth, England, United Kingdom
“Poor quality meat”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Bought a deal on groupon which included a cocktail costing £5.95, wanted to swap for a cocktail costing £3.95 but couldn't do it. Wouldn't even swap for a bottle of still water between 4 of us Really poor. Meat was tough and didn't bring very often, no labels on the buffet section and some of it was very spicy hot. We have been to Bem Brasil in Manchester which costs around £4 p/p more but absolutely excellent food. The waiters were the only good bit.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank David S
RioBrazilCheadle, Manager at Rio Brazil, responded to this review, 31 October 2014
Many thanks to take your time to write an review! It help us to improve our customer services and food quality. We understand the issues and again we have worked hard changing meat supplier for the highest quality levels. Staff meetings and reviewing our recipes were the main focus of our improvements. We hope that in future no customer will face this situation ever again.