“Won't honour Groupon booking for a Friday or Saturday night despite having availability” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cheadle House

Cheadle House
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cheadle
Manchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Booked this hotel through Groupon in November and when I have recently tried to book to stay on a Saturday night I have been informed that there are no Friday or Saturday nights available for Groupon customers however it clearly shows that there are rooms available!!!
First impressions not good

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diddlyd333
Laura T, Director of Sales at Cheadle House, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Guest, sincere apologies that you have been unable to confirm or make a reservation on the date requested. This offer was a great success for us and to date have honoured hundreds of bookings. Due to the volume of these vouchers / bookings we do have restricted nights available as we do have other offers on. I am more than happy for you to contact me direct and I will do my utmost to make a reservation for you at a convenient date for you. My aim is to rectify, I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to Cheadle House in the very near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We booked a groupon offer for a 1night stay at Deveres Cheadle House hotel. As we had never booked a hotel break in this way before we wondered what awaited us. We arrived 2 hours early but the room was ready so we dropped our luggage and took advantage of the free David Lloyd day pass which was included and sited just opposite the hotel. A useful tip, take a small padlock for the use of a locker in the changing room. In the evening we went down to the restaurant for our evening meal (which was included in the price). Very nice 2 course meal with wine but you could have the 3rd course for a small charge. After our meal we were going to TGI's for a drink (just over the road from hotel) but before we got there we spotted a nice pub, very reasonably priced for both meals and drink. On the morning of our departure we had a wonderful breakfast, there was everything you could wish for, and again this was included in the price. Everyone in the hotel were really pleasant and helpful. Just one small problem, our room, a very large room was very cold,even with the radiators on full. I rang reception and they arranged for a small heater to be put in the room. Problem solved. The room was very clean, very spacious and the beds and pillows were so comfy. Really enjoyed our stay, thank you, sue n Mick

Room Tip: Our room was on a corner, 16, and it was a very cold room, albeit one of the coldest nights of the y...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Laura T, Director of Sales at Cheadle House, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
It was so lovely to read your comments, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your recent visit to Cheadle House. It is so important to me and my team that all our guests have a memorable and enjoyable stay. We sincerely pride ourselves on our service and offering. I fully appreciate your comments noted about your room being cold, something I will ensure is actioned immediately to ensure no other guest experiences the same. Thank you once again for taking the time to feedback on your stay, I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Cheadle House in the very near future.
Birmingham UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

So what do you get for £19 . Amazing value , clean room , quiet and comfy bed. Big TV and tea and coffee. Original room had bath but was up stairs and with cases not a good idea to changed to one with small shower. Fine for night. Good bar snacks and great staff. Found a little snack at the checkin and free good tea and coffee in the lobby. Free overnight parking. Nearby TGI fridays but so glad we did not go there. Had dinner at hotel 3 course £11.95 better value and good food. The service was also very good and I must say I was very suprised at the standard of the food for the money paid. In addition the breakfast for £7.50 was again a bargain and fresh and plentiful. Better than the average airport stay and great if you get a bargain room.
Overall well pleased with my choice and would stay again

Room Tip: If you have cases mention on booking so they do not make you climb the stairs with them!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you found your stay comfortable, enjoyable and value for money. Here at Cheadle House we pride ourselves on the service we provide, it was so encouraging to read the lovely comments you left about my Team. We have just launched our new menus again your positive comments regarding our food offering was a delight. Thank you again, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Cheadle House in the very near future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

I stayed here with my partner It was a groupon voucher worth 178 pound our room was horrible the carpet was so dirty and dust everywhere the food was awful wanted to come home waste of a journey

• Stayed February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Laura T, General Manager at Cheadle House, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback regarding your stay with us at Cheadle House and sincere apologies that you have had cause to raise concern. I was very concerned to learn of your experience; please rest assured each and every issue you raised has been investigated and appropriate action has proceeded; this is not the usual high standards that we pride ourselves on here at Cheadle House. I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Cheadle House so we can restore your faith in us. If you wish to discuss the issues raised any further please do not hesitate to get in contact.
Dorking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed at Cheadle House on a recent business trip, arriving at about 1 AM. What a great service from Chris, the receptionist at that time in he morning. Greeted with a smile even at that time, helped me to find somewhere to get a take-away and even got plates, cutlery and a napkin from the kitchen. Now that's what I call service. Rooms all spotlessly clean and not a bad breakfast with good choice.

Only small hiccups:

- My PA had told them I would be arriving late but they had no record of that;
- A double room had been booked but was given a single but travelling alone and the room was still quite large so no problem there.

Overall a great experience and the next time I need to stop in the area I know where I'll be staying.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to note your experience, it was lovely to pass your kind words onto Chris, I have to agree he is a great asset to my Team. I do apologise we did not effectively action your room request or note of late arrival, I was able to use this feedback and example as a training tool for both my Reception and Reservations Team to ensure this does not re-occur. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Cheadle House in the very near future.
salisbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

me and my husband got married at this hotel in 2010 and they where fantastic ! the food was beautiful , service was amazing cannot praise the staff enough and amazing value for money for what we had .
we stayed in the suite and it is pure bliss ! I would also recommend the room service as it is so tasty.
We then revisited over a year in feb 2011 later the staff remembered us and chatted to us like old friends and even remembered our sons name. I am just about to book our 3rd stay as a suprise present for my husband before he goes away to afgan and i am sure they are going to be amazing as per usual.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tina b
Laura T, Director of Sales at Cheadle House, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to add your great comments of your re visit to Cheadle House. I am delighted that you chose to return to us and we do of course hope to welcome you back in the near future. Kind Regards
england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

I have been reading the reviews left on here regarding this hotel and staff and having stayed here in sep last year felt i have to leave my views. myself and husband stayed with friends at the hotel and found all staff we came into contact with to be very helpfull and always making sure everyone was comfy and enjoying there stay. we had a suite because it was a special occasion and our friends stayed in a standard double and both rooms were lovely and spotless. We ate in the resturante and food was good and drinks very reasonable. I think his name was Richard who was working in the bar that evening and when he found out we was celebrating he suprised us by decorating our table with lovely table linen and candles. Its now coming upto my hubbys birthday and we have booked the suite again at this hotel and are very much looking forward to celebrating at the begining of Feb. Give this hotel a try , im sure you will have a lovely time.

Room Tip: Both rooms were lovely, but if you are celebrating then upgrade to the suite you wont be disapointed...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dee61
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to add on your fantastic comments about the facilities and team here at Cheadle House. All feedback has been communicated to the team. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. Kind Regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheadle
Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle
Premier Inn Manchester (Cheadle) Hotel
Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club
Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club
#64 of 115 in Manchester
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel
Pymgate Lodge Airport Hotel

Been to Cheadle House? Share your experiences!