“Excellent ”
Review of Cheadle House

Cheadle House
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cheadle
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for an overnight before a flight from Manchester. I honestly can't see what people are complaining about. Welcome and check in was excellent. Room was huge (room 3) and clean. Drinks and food at bar quite pricey but no more than other hotels I've stayed at. Coffee bar is a great touch and free. Car park nice and straight forward. All staff extra friendly, helpful and efficient. Really good value too. I really don't have any negatives.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
G M, General Manager at Cheadle House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear holidaylover1711,

Many thanks for the fantastic feedback which you so kindly provided on TripAdvisor.

I will be passing on your feedback to my team, as you found them all to be extra friendly, helpful and efficient and that the welcome and check was excellent as well.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the venue in the very near future and until then remain with warm regards.

There are newer reviews for Cheadle House

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at the De vere Cheadle House hotel in April. Good Points free WiFi and coffee we found our room was clean and basic and a large room . The Bad points. Check in we were not given hotel information e.g. free Coffee we actually din't know there was a bar restaurant a guest told us about the coffee. We asked Reception were we could get a nice Sunday Lunch was told TGI Fridays enough said.The room was very large and had a small TV we had trouble seeing, At 6 am we were woken by the restaurant extractor rumble no problems with Aircraft noise. The hotel had posters saying "How would you like your Eggs" well thanks but nobody asked us and ours was like joke rubber Eggs the Bacon was dried up and like Cardboard as was the Beans and Hash browns,The staff never checked and seemed to want us out.This was the worst Hotel Breakfast we have had.See photos.

Room Tip: We had 31 and kitchen extractor start at 6am good if you have a early start.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear teejay11,

many thanks your recent feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am naturally disappointed to hear of your feedback and that this was not mentioned to any of my team during your stay or upon departure.

I have spoken with both the head chef and food and beverage manager regarding you experience at breakfast, to ensure that there is no repeat of such, and have spoken with the head receptionist to inform her that you were not advised that we have a bar and restaurant on the premises.

I would like to thank you once again for your constructive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Cheadle House in the near future and until then remain with, warm regards.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed in room 36 for one night Tuesday/Wednesday. Didn't hear any noise from aircraft going over so assume earlier reviewer had windows open.

Good - very clean hotel. More suited for executive use rather than stopover.

Good - welcome on arrival.

Good - tea/coffee machines in main lounge/reception area although one was not working.

Bad - evening meal menu in room is not the same as that in restaurant so ended up paying £50 for two which I would only usually do as a special occasion.

Bad - meal was cordon bleu but needs to be hot not warm. Didn't get asked by staff if everything was ok until finished, too tired and hungry to complain earlier.

Bad - take a magnifying glass to read the menu.

Bad - cooked breakfast also only warm, had obviously been out on display (uncovered) for a while when I ate at 8 am.

Bad - no cappuccino coffee with breakfast only usual which wasn't that great.

Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get there, traffic during 4-6 period horrendous, signposting atrocious.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
G M, General Manager at Cheadle House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear geofftheref1,

many thanks for your recent feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you found the venue more suited to executive use than for a general stop over.

I was however naturally disappointed to hear about your comments surrounding our food and beverage department.

Had we been asked at the time, we would have quite happily provided room service from the restaurant menu and also provided you with a cappuccino at breakfast time to, please forgive me as I am somewhat at a loss to understand what you mean by the meal being cordon bleu. I will of course pass my comments onto the food and beverage manager and chef regarding the temperature of the hot food served on the buffet breakfast.

Finally I would like to thank you once again for your constructive feedback and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the venue in the near future and until then remain with warm regards.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here for 1 night for a wedding, the bride & groom had full exclusitivity of rooms. We paid £60 for a double room.. Wedding couldn't be faulted, food was lovely. But to find a used condom and other rubbish under the bed is absolutely disgusting!! What do the cleaners do?! Room also smelled damp.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Arplh82
G M, General Manager at Cheadle House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Arplh82,

Thanks for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that the wedding which you attended could not be faulted and that you enjoyed the food that was served at the wedding.

With regards to your other comments, I am somewhat at a loss to explain this situation since the underneath of your bed, as with all other bedrooms in the venue, was inspected twice prior to your arrival, by both the room attendant and the head housekeeper and was found to be completely clean and clear of any debris.

I am also somewhat disappointed that this matter was not brought to our attention throughout the duration of your stay.

I sincerley appreciate receiving your feedback, which unfortunately does not reflect the positive feedback left by the majority of TripAdvisor members on the forum and which we as a business aspire to and are indeed renowned by.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I would like to start by saying that every one of the staff I met were friendly and professional. The room was very basic and the radiator was off, resulting in the room being quite cold. Trying to change the settings on the radiator did nothing.
The room charge was very reasonable so for anyone looking for a one night stay it would be adequate - just. Not at all for those staying for any length of time, in my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
G M, General Manager at Cheadle House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Frank V,

many thanks for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I wish to apologise in that your room was quite cold upon arrival and that you were only provided with one bathroom towel, when you should have had two placed in your room prior to arrival as a standard.

Rest assured I have spoken with my front of house manager and head housekeeper today regarding this matter, to ensure that there is no repeat of such and they have both asked me to pass on their apologies to you for this short coming on this occassion.

I note your positive feedback with regards to my team and how professional they were and we sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Cheadle House in the near future and until then remain with, kind regards.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Do not stay in room 34! It is directly adjacent to the air con / machine room for the hotel kitchen and my god is it noisy. A constant awful noise which only stops for a few hours in the night. At least it drowns out the noise of overhead aircraft. Room walls were grubby, tired and a little dull as were bedspread / throw & furnishings. Hotel staff were polite and breakfast tasty. But a dreadful nights sleep. Had I been staying longer I would definitely have asked to move rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Shadygangster,

Thank-you for the feedback which you kindly left on TripAdvisor.

I would like to apologise to you in that you unfortunately had a poor nights sleep with us due to the air handling unit outside your room, had this matter been reported to the reception team at the time we would quite happily have accommodated you in another room within the venue.

I note and thank you for the positive feedback regarding my team members and we sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Cheadle House in the very near future and until then remain with, warm regards.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed for one night as visiting friends in the Manchester area. First thing is if you are planning on going into manchester or to the trafford centre you need a car as public transport isn't that frequent in this area.
On arrival the receptionist was very helpful and polite and checked us in in no time.
The rooms are a fair size with everything you need, TV, wifi etc, and the bed is comfortable. On a negative the bathroom had seen better days with mould around the sealings of the shower and sink and needs a bit of attention (room 13).
There are free tea and coffee machines available all day which is a nice touch and lots of communal areas as well as a bar to relax in.
We did the room and breakfast option which was an extra £8.50 per person which was pretty poor to be honest. Its just your standard help yourself which is fine but the selection is limited and when we went at 9am most of it had gone including the milk and it took 15mins to replace it all which was unfortunate as we were in a rush. Its good enough if your staying for business or for a flight and have little time in the morning but if you do have time to spare i would suggest leaving earlier and grabbing sometihng nicer and cheaper in town.
The hotel is on the flight path so you can hear the planes but its not too loud and you dont notice them after 5mins.
Overall though a good hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear gparkgary,

Thank you for your recent feedback on TripAdvisor, whilst staying for one night visiting friends in the Manchester area.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you would use the venue again.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future and until then remain with , warm regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheadle
Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle
Premier Inn Manchester (Cheadle) Hotel
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#4 of 5 in Wilmslow

Been to Cheadle House? Share your experiences!