“Amazing place”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cheadle
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Amazing place”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and myself chose cheadle house for our wedding venue, we can't ever thank them enough. The staff were amazing and I'd recommend this hotel for anyone's special day!
From all the arranging, I spoke to Rosie via email and all plans and requirements were all noted and nothing was ever forgotten about, which made the planning of the day a breeze! Thank you so much Rosie for all your hard work and for putting up with my 1000 questions!
On the day Steve and his team were unbelievably professional and got every single detail perfect. Everything ran so smoothly that's to him. My tables were set up better than I could imagine! Food was gorgeous, so many guests complimented us on the food so thank you to everyone who worked on the 28th June, especially Steve! Every guest staying was so pleased with there rooms, clean, tidy and nicely done.
Breakfast was such a nice finish to the whole event.
The biggest compliment from guests was how great our BBQ was, it was such a good choice to go for!
Reception staff have never been anything but friendly and polite every time we visited the hotel.
Overall I am so so glad we chose cheadle house, it was such a perfect day and we really are grateful.

Caz and josh

Room Tip: Suites are amazing, bigger than our home!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Caroline B,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with such lovely feedback on TripAdvisor after your wedding day at De Vere Venues Cheadle House.

I am truly delighted to hear that you found my team, the food and everything else to be amazing on your wedding day and I am very happy to note that you would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the venue.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the every near future and until then remain with.

Warm regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel after a business trip in Manchester. On arriving I was greeted warmly by the receptionist. It was busy when I arrived but she remained professional. I confirmed my arrival and was advised where my room was located and how to get to it via the lift. As I walked through the lounge I noticed that there were tea/coffee making facilities available free of charge. I did use these later on in the evening and it was a pleasant facility to be able to make my own caramel latte and sit in the lounge area instead of alone in my room. My room was lovely. Clean spacious and with good facilities. An iron and hairdryer were present along with Tea/Coffee facilities and a very nice TV. The bathroom was small. I'm little but this was small. The shower was a bit closed in but still very nice. The shower could have done with re-grouting but all in all it was ok. Rather than sit in the hotel on a hot night I opted to look around outside. The receptionist advised that there was a Table Table restaurant and a Frankie and Benny's across the roads from the hotel that was based in an industrial estate. If I wanted to venture further then there was a Sainsbury's and a John Lewis a little further. I did venture further then opted to eat at Frankie and Benny's alone. The food was just ok but there was a good atmosphere here and it was within walking distance of the hotel. I returned to the hotel where I had a very pleasant sleep. I did wake up quite early as the room was extremely warm and the window only opened a little. I did request an early morning call which I did not receive but since I was up early this did not matter to me. Anyway you should be able to manage your own time, however I do take on board why some travellers would be annoyed if this happened to them. Apart from the no issues. breakfast was very enjoyable. There was fresh fruit juice, pastries, toast, yoghurt, cereal, chees and meat available. I was brought a pot of tea which I had requested but was a little disappointed it was only half the pot? I could have asked for more but the server could have also asked if I'd require a full or half pot! Putting this aside I enjoyed some fresh fruit and yoghurt then opted for the full English. Available was bacon, sausage, fried and scrambled eggs, beans and mushrooms. I opted out of the eggs as they looked very dry and inedible. However my breakfast was lovely and another visitor requested poached eggs which were brought to him straight away so I could have requested the same if I'd needed to. All in all the stay was very enjoyable and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank CheekyKB
Dear CheekyKB,

many thanks for your recent feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you found your room to be clean and spacious with good facilities, such as an iron and a hairdryer, along with Tea/Coffee facilities and a very nice TV.

I apologise in that you did not unfortunately receive your early morning call, I have passed your feedback onto the reception manager and she has reassured that there will be no repeat of such in the future.

I have passed your lovely comments on to the chef regarding your breakfast.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Cheadle House in the very near future and until then remain with.

Manchester
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Myself and Laura chose cheadle house hotel for our wedding and the only word that comes to mind is WOW. From the day we walked in to look at the venue to the actual wedding day the wedding organiser Rosie the managers and all the hotel staff involved couldn't do enough to help us. We know these guys get paid to do the job but the personal time and effort they all put in was out of this world and we can't praise them all enough they are all a credit to this hotel chain and we thankyou all from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding day so special.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Wesley2703
Dear Wesley2703,

Many thanks for the fantastic feedback which you recently left on Tripadvisor and a huge thank-you to you both for choosing to hold your wedding day at De Vere Venues Cheadle House.

I am truly delighted with your feedback and in particular for the feedback reagrding my team and that we couldn't do enough to help you both.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to the venue in the very near future and until then remain with.

Manchester
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over the weekend after attending a wedding at this venue. Staff Very Helpful, Food Served at the wedding excellent. Breakfast in the morning was very nice. The bed rooms was a good size and has everything you need. The staff a friendly and always willing to help and very good service and a very clean and tidy stylish hotel. I would defo use this venue again and stay.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank kylemasset
Dear kylemasset,

many thanks for the amazing feedback which you so kindly left on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you found my team members to be very helpful and that the food served at the wedding was excellent and that you also enjoyed your breakfast the following morning.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcomming you back to the venue in the near future and until then remain with.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a little out the way but the front desk staff are exceptionally professional and friendly. Once checked in I was given a bit of a spiel about the public areas. They have a lovely coffee lounge with coffee machines, all complimentary.

The rooms are quite small and basic but comfy enough.

Great staff and love the coffee lounge as a value for money add.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Neenals
Dear Neenals,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feed back after having stayed with us at De Vere Venues Cheadle House.

I am delighetd to hear that found the front desk staff to be exceptionally professional and friendly and also enjoyed our complimentary tea and coffee lounge with coffee machines.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the venue and until then remain with.

Brigg, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The place looks the part from the outside, however took forever just to check in! Then managed to find my tiny room which seemed to be up and down stairs!
Then had to wait again at the unmanned bar for an age just to get served!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
G M, General Manager at Cheadle House, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Paul C,

many thanks for your constructive feedback which you so kindly left on TripAdvisor after having recently staying with us at De Vere Venues Cheadle House.

I would like to pass on my apologies to you for the delay upon checking in to the venue and that you had to wait a while, whilst the barman was serving a fellow guest his drink in the restaurant.

I wish to thank-you once again for your feed back and remain with.

Kind regards.
Aigre, France
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here because the choice for a Saturday night was rather limited and we were driving south the next day, and this hotel offered convenience at a reasonable price. Unfortunately the restaurant was closed that evening because of a wedding, but there are plenty of alternatives such as John Lewis and Premier Inn or even room service. We did however have a very comfortable night, but you need to keep the windows closed to keep out the jet noise. We had an excellent breakfast which is very good value. Helpful staff, very good facilities. We will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
G M, General Manager at Cheadle House, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear RobertW852,

many thanks for your very favourable feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you found our location to be convenient and at a reasonable price.

I apologise in that the restaurant was closed due to an exclusive wedding, but note that we offered room service and that you also enjoyed an excellent breakfast with us the following morning.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the venue in the very near future and until then remain with.

Warm regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheadle
Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle
Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Etrop Grange
Etrop Grange
#67 of 118 in Manchester

Been to Cheadle House? Share your experiences!