“Peaceful gem near the three peaks of the Dales” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crooklands

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clapham
Crooklands
Ranked #4 of 5 Clapham B&B and Inns
Den Haag
“Peaceful gem near the three peaks of the Dales”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

On the Old Road between Ingleton and Clapham we found Crooklands, a peaceful gem in Yorkshire Dales National Park. We stayed for six nights and every moment will remain in our memory. Delicious breakfasts, spacious and very clean room, lovely garden and views and very nice and pleasant owners. John and Diane made us feel at home. We recommend their B&B to everyone who want to visit the Dales. Easy access, good base for all your outdoor activities and trips.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed just one night but would recommend Crooklands. It was a usual day for Spring 2013; damp and windy! However, Crooklands was warm.

The views over the Dales are wonderful, even if the sun isn't around and the peace and quiet is great if you're used to living in a big city like me.

The bedroom was spotless and the bed comfortable.

I couldn't fault breakfast either, even if I was in a little bit of a rush to catch a train. Fresh fruit and a long list of items to choose from which are then cooked on the spot.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Braintree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

A warming invitation was waiting me on an unusually cold May day. My room was spacious and very comfortable with great views over the fields behind this very old farmhouse. Breakfast offered was typically Yorkshire sized although I have a smaller appetite so could not manage it. The quietness was just what I needed for my respite break from caring for my wife. My main reason for choosing the area was to visit Malham Cove which is a short drive away the other side of Settle and to enjoy walking across the moors. I can highly recommend the hospitality offered by John and Diane and will certainly return if given the opportunity.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

We went to Clapham to do the climb up Ingleborough which I'd attempted in 2004 and had been driven back by extreme weather conditions. We stayed at Crooklands and it was superb, John and Diane gave us a warm welcome and we had tea and biscuits in their lovely lounge area. Our room was spacious, warm, comfortable, beautifully decorated, fresh,and had a nice en-suite with a large shower cubicle. The views from the window where spectacular. The breakfast menu was mouth watering, we had a bowl of fresh fruit every day with home made yoghurt, cereals, and a varied selection of hot items including black pudding if required, home made jams and marmalade for your toast, all were locally sourced. A lovely setting, and a lovely couple, the accommodation is about 1.5 miles outside Clapham, so eating out does involve a car journey, however this slight negative is easily overcome by a multitude of positives so I would recommend this accommodation to anyone without reserve.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
crooklands, Owner at Crooklands, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
We are very fortunate. Yes, we have a lovely old house and yes, the views are superb but it's you, our guests who make it easy to provide a good service. We have met so many lovely people over our three years doing this.
So, thank you!
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

My wife and I, together some friends of ours booked into Crooklands for the night after completing the Yorkshire Three Peaks, and we’re delighted to have done so.

The B&B is set in the most idyllic setting, with beautiful views from all sides. The B&B itself is gorgeous – and appears to have been recently refurbished, looking new, clean and fresh in all areas. Our bedroom and the common areas are all spotless and tastefully furnished.

The bedroom itself was very comfortable, with all of the usual amenities. Special mention to be made of the additional fine touches – not least of all – a hot water bottle for those colder nights!

Our hosts were extremely friendly and welcoming, and were very helpful in navigating us to site. For reference, the B&B is not in the heart of Clapham, actually being a mile or two in the direction of Ingleton.

The breakfast was very tasty, though if I were to offer a constructive criticism – I would say the portions were too small – one sausage and one rasher of bacon isn’t really enough to start the day (for me), and I found I had to fill up on toast instead. I’m sure that had I asked for extra servings they would have been readily forthcoming, but I’m quite shy when it comes to things like that. My advice perhaps might be for the hosts to ask the guest how much they would like.

This was a very small matter compared to the overall loveliness of the stay, and I will definitely be back in the future.

One last tip - if you head into Ingleton for food and drink, get there in good time as all of the establishments had seemed to stop serving food by 8:45!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
mum in essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

John, Diane and their dog Jack were so welcoming. The sitting room cosy and our bedroom spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated and with a breathtaking view over the Dales. After our walk up Ingleborough with an en route visit to the cave, we were offered tea and biscuits and a friendly chat.
Breakfast was of the highest quality..we can't find fault at all here. Every little detail to make your stay perfect has been thought of. Good value for money. We will be back soon!

We didn't have dinner at Crooklands as we fancied eating out and found a superb pub in the next village called the Gamecock. French chef, good portions and a cosy little bar with a number of excellent local beers.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

Wonderful place to stay. John & Diane are very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. The bedroom was well furnished and very clean and fully serviced each day. The breakfast is delightful with fresh juice, fruit, home made yoghurt and bread. You can even have honey from their own bees. Diane is a wonderful cook and will provide dinner (2 courses). She makes the best ice cream in the world! Despite excellent restaurants in the area we strongly recommend that you have at least one evening meal at Crooklands. There is a lounge just for staying guests and also a delightful garden. This is a wonderful place to stay and we have no hesitation in recommending it. It is ideally located for walking or for a trip on the Settle - Carlisle railway.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple