New Inn Hotel
US$121
US$148
US$121
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

Hipping Hall(Kirkby Lonsdale)
US$309
US$299
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Whoop Hall(Kirkby Lonsdale)
US$115
Snooty Fox(Kirkby Lonsdale)
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$148
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$135
Orange Tree Hotel(Kirkby Lonsdale)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe ownerbar areathe pubscallopshigh standardboth nightssandwicheslamblovely foodevening mealshort breakan overnight staygroup of friendsyorkshire dalesporridgehis teamtea and coffee
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stopped off for lunch at the lovely newly refurbished pub on 29th December on our way to the lakes for a few nights. The pub has been recently refurbished but still is a haven for walkers coming back down from Inglebrough. The food was excellent. We enjoyed the soup of the day - curried parsnip and the pasta of the day . Both dishes were really nice. the landlord was, as usual extremely friendly. I would certainly recommend this for a lunch / meal.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard H
LauraBenson, Owner at New Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thanks you for leaving us a review, always happy to hear that people have enjoyed themselves!

Come join us for another meal sometime!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We arrived in torrential rain on the Thursday before Christmas. We were welcomed by Ron (the owner) who showed us straight to our room which was in the annexe - beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. We were invited to go in the bar which Ron had lit the very effective and cosy log burning fire. We spent the afternoon relaxing with a glass of mulled wine and a beer.

The first evening we ate a wonderful meal in the lounge - the food was well cooked, beautifully presented and importantly very tasty. The second evening we ate in the lovely restaurant which again was superb. Ron said the emphasis on the food was quality which proved to be so. We both like 'good food' and we weren't disappointed. The breakfasts on both mornings were served in the restaurant and easily adequate with a good choice of hot and cold dishes using good quality local produce.

Although the weather was atrocious it did not spoil the experience of this 'find' - the hotel itself and the superb food more than made up for it.

We would highly recommend the hotel and the restaurant and wish Ron and his family good luck with their venture they deserve it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I came to the new inn just hoping for a bed and breakfast after a longs few days of walkin on the three peaks, however I was pleasantly surprised that me and my husband were welcomed into a 5 star quality hotel with the est of everything. For my dinner I had the apricot stuffed chicken on a bed of mash with masala and korma drizzle! It was gorgeous and beautifully presented. My husband devoured the pork and we both had desserts which tasted like the gates of heaven were opening for my taste buds! I enjoyed a light panacotta and my husband guzzled a hearty, soft sticky toffee pudding.
The new rooms were beautiful and allowed me to sleep in style and comfort with a view over a stream.
Thank you to Laura, Ron and the lady behind the scenes Lesley who gave us an unexpectedly amazing experience. We will be back again as a birthday present from my hubby! Thanks to you all!

• Stayed: December 2013

Wow! What a fantastic review, thank you for taking the time to leave it. We are overjoyed that you and your husband enjoyed yourselves so much!

We look forward to celebrating your birthday with you!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

"Breakfast starts at 8am - but don't worry if you don't make it down. We have chefs on all day so we'll make sure you are fed" - music to our ears as we were shown around the beautifully refurbished hotel. Ron is clear about the experience he wants to deliver for customers. It's refreshing to hear what he said: "The way I see it you are doing me a facvour by coming to stay with us, so we'll do what we can to make sure you are happy all the way". And he did. Yes it was quite quiet as we neared Christmas but we still got first class attention. And his front of house Sam was a delight too. I really hope after all the effort that has been put into this wonderful pub/hotel (food was great too) that Ron and Mrs Ron reap the rewards of their efforts. Fab!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We booked the New Inn Clapham, in Yorkshire, for Christmas Dinner.The owners Ron,Leslie , Laura and all the staff made us very welcome. The ambience of the Inn was excellent, the service first rate and the food was superb!All in all 5star food and 5star service. Anne and Barry, Kendal.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple