“Top class food and atmosphere”
Review of New Inn Hotel

New Inn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clapham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Visited last Thursday ,to dine only.Remember the Old New Inn as a dark and dingy out of date establishment.What a transformation ! ,Classy ,confortable and elegant surroundings.Beer served professionally and excellent food.Starter Goats chees bon bons sublime flavours.Excellent host to boot.Definately worth a visit.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Laura B, Owner at New Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear Dave

Thank you for your fantastic review. It is always great to see a review from one of our past guests. Crafting that home away from home feeling is very important to each and every one of us, so to see that pay off in the delight of our guests is very satisfying.

We look forward to your next visit

Kindest regards

The New Inn Team

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We chose a superior room which we found very spacious & clean. bed was a 4 poster and very comfortable. Not a great deal of choice on the menu if you want to nitpick but overall well worth it.
We had booked a one night stay of 3 rooms on a Saturday, but circumstances made us to try & move to a Sunday. When I phoned up the Landlord was very accomadating and moved our date forward with the same rooms and no fuss so I thank him very kindly for that. Would we stay there again, certainley we would definately recomend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us at The New Inn Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we where able to help with changing your booking to your satisfaction. I do hope that you will return to see us again in the near future.

Best wishes,

The New Inn Clapham Team

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just spent a long weekend don't understand how anyone can give a bad review beautiful inn bedrooms are excellent the food is superb staff are attentive and the owners are friendly and attentive lovely place to go and we would definitely be going back can't fault a thing

Room Tip: Rooms at back are away from the road
1  Thank deirdre h

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind feedback following your stay with us at The New Inn Hotel. We are really pleased that you enjoyed the service and that you also liked the surroundings and facilities in the hotel. I have passed on your kind words to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back once again in the near future.

My kindest regards,

The New Inn Team

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The food is very good but some one should first sort out the Landlord as he is not at all a sociable
person in fact I would say he is a little! unpleasant and for that reason it only gets 3 stars
Tell the landlord to go and watch T.V and leave it to the staff and I would give it 5stars

4  Thank Joe M
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have just returned home from 3 night stay at The New Inn. The hotel is so lovely, the decor creates a very relaxing enviroment. Our room was comfortable and clean, the bed was super comfy with enough room for a family of 4 and a big dog. The owners and their staff did a wonderful job of making us feel at home, they obviously are very proud of their hotel and this shows, there is alot of attention to detail in every room. We ate every evening in the hotel and the menu was varied and every meal that we ordered arrived looking like it had been made with love, all fresh ingredients, nothing frozen or microwaved. Dont hesitate book your stay now.

1  Thank Margo H
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Our friend's wedding was due to start at 1pm, and when I booked the hotel we were told check in was at 2pm. The pleasant, helpful woman who I spoke to on the phone when booking the hotel, assured me she would try and ready our room for our planned arrival time of 11am, but there could be no guarantees. Fair enough. On the morning of the wedding, I rang the hotel to confirm our arrival time and to ask if our room would be ready. A stern, miserable sounding Australian gentleman answered and told me our room would indeed be ready for 11am and if he could not book us a taxi, he would drive us to the wedding ourselves. On arrival, we walked into a bar area and I asked a gentleman if he knew where the reception area was. He replied (in an Australian accent) "this is the reception area!" - not the most warm welcome, but he duly led us to our room. The room we had booked was a £105 deluxe room. The bed was a very soft, ultra comfortable double bed. The bathroom was clean, tidy and very pleasant. A nice assortment of biscuits, teabags and a kettle also. Shame the TV didn't work. We ended up getting a taxi from the New Inn to wedding venue, The Traddock, 1.9 miles away and 5 minutes journey - the taxi cost us a TENNER! To quote my uncle Mel "even Dick Turpin wore a bloody mask" at 9pm, I fell ill, not wanting to stick around and get vomit on my blazer I rang the New Inn and the Australian gentleman said "I’ll come and get you now" shortly followed by a dial tone. The lack of goodbyes was a small price to pay if it meant avoiding another extortionate £10 taxi fare. The bathroom was ideal for kneeling at the toilet, vomiting aggressively and rolling over to engage the shower. However the room temperature was way above comfortable, especially when coupled with the warm early summer climate outside. Also, venturing out into the hallway to turn the landing light off my partner was accompanied by a rather large grey looking insect on the carpet. Waking up the sound of mooing cows, reminded me that we were actually still in a small country village and we made our way downstairs for breakfast. After settling our bill, we were directed to the restaurant area. We had no idea what the protocol was. After sitting about at a vacant, uncleansed table, I went and asked a member of staff and she told me to sit and wait to be served by a waitress, 10 minutes later the waitress took our orders and promptly returned with our full English breakfasts. Small portions, but Heinz beans will always get my seal of approval. The hot beverage machine however, resembled a faceless R2-D2 and wasn't the most obvious contraption to use... especially when it dispensed lukewarm, at best, water. I dangled what most resembled a traditional English tea bag over the mug, and thought to myself "Am I really going to drink this?" - I took a swig of grapefruit juice that tasted like paint stripper (not the fault of the New Inn of course) and we left.

5  Thank doctorglover
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The meal we had I feel was over priced. The pork dish especially over priced. I was presented with two small pieces of pork, the bottom end of a piece of carrot, a smudge of I think was carrot and swede and a dribble of gravy. Not worth over £18. Can't fault the decor or the staff.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Shazzer123oldfield
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clapham
The Traddock
Beck Hall Malham
#1 of 1 in Malham
16 mi away
Simonstone Hall Country House Hotel

Been to New Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!