“Really good welcome and good light lunch to match”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clapham
Clapham Cafe, Bunk, and Bar
Reviewed 18 January 2013

It was the first time we had been in this place and we just called for a light bite en-route to other places, The owner was friendly, as was another lady who also served us. The home prepared food was great as a result of which we had a bit more than the really small bite which we had intended. I reckon this is a place where really good fun with the caving and walking fraternity is possible when they visit and stay awhile.

Room Tip: Items not marked are not used.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Called in several times, for coffee (very reasonably priced) and beer (ditto, and very well kept). Walker-friendly, unpretentious cafe and bar, with very friendly staff, and a log-burning stove that was very welcome on a cold November day. Definitely a worthwhile end to a walk in the beautiful surroundings of Clapham

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alanyeti
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed in September. Last minute booking with late arrival - Owner was very helpful - staying for my late arrival, gave me somewhere nicely tucked away to park my motorbike and gave me lots of local info. Very friendly and accomodating. Fab historic thicked-walled ex-manor house in charming village with good lively pub nearby, not that you need it as the Clapham Bunk aka The Reading Room has it's own bar, open til early evening and then you can enjoy your own drinks in the same space after, or just sit and relax. Great location. Fab place to stay if doing the Yorkshire 3 Peaks.

I was lucky enough to have the room to myself but would normally sleep 10. Bedding supplied. My bed was v comfy. Bunks are solid wooden, not flimsly metal wobbly things like in some places. For a balanced view - some might say bedrooms are basic with some tired frniture but they are as good as any hostel but with the extra charm of the building, bar, cafe and location. Self-catering kitchen too so you can sort out your own dinner, breakfast if you wish.

Fab popular bar downstairs open to public til early evening. Later the shutters are down on the bar itself but the room is open to use by residents. Charming, quirky place. Great atmosphere.

I liked it so much I stayed a second night rather than dashing home. This time there was a group staying who were friends of the owner who introduced us and we had a fab evening.

Cafe looked fab for breakfast in the morning...but sadly I had to dash off so can't comment on the food but looked great.

I would definitely stay here again if in the area. Great value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank dancerkendo
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I would definitely stay here again if in the area. Great value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Stayed here in December last year when 7 of us walked up Ingelborough in the snow. Fantastic, cheap digs, bar area is like being in someones lounge witha lovely log burning stove. Had the place to ourselves from 8pm when we drank our own wine (bar closes at 7pm on Saturdays) and then had breakfast in the adjoining cafe next morning. 18 of us booked again for December which will be a hoot

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2012

You must make a detour (even if you are on foot!) to visit the Bunk House's Cafe & Bar, open to non-residents. Excellent food and well-kept cask ale.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We are regular visitors to the Dales and now that the Bunk House has an excellent cafe we can have tea or just a brew before we leave for home or if we have an early start one of their excellent breakfasts. The cakes are freshly made in the village, milk and eggs are from local suppliers. There is always a warm welcome from the friendly staff. The facilities are very clean there is storage for bikes.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends