“Winter Skiing Trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valdisotto
Chalet del Cane Bianco
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here for New Years Eve Week 2013/14 as a group of 19 (4 families) and it was probably our best group ski experience ever. the chalet is fab the hosts are fab and we enjoyed every minute of our week here. As a film lover we where spoilt with Peter and Maria's huge choice of up to date blue rays and dvds. the hot tub with champagne was a delight for the parents... thats if we could squeeze our kids out long enough to get in!
There is a drive to the slopes (roughly 10 minute) but Peter and Maria have two vehicles that do the job excellently. Maria's van became known as the party bus (she like her dance music of a morning) On a couple of days the downwhill racing came to town and that did mean traffic.

THe extent of the skiing is perhaps a little limiting if you are used to the "big" areas such as 3 Valleys or Milky way and the off piste is limited compared to other places but if you want the ultimate luxury (and terrific value ) chalet then look no further.

What else to say.. Peter and Maria couldnt do enough for us and made our trip a real blast from first to last.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vincep679
There are newer reviews for Chalet del Cane Bianco

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Chalet del Cane Bianco is a truly fabulous chalet - from the moment we walked through the door on arrival we knew we had made the right choice .... After "investing time" to find the right chalet for our ski holiday - the "return on investment" was phenomenal!

The recently refurbished chalet offers so many home from home comforts and the attention to detail to ensure guests enjoy their stay is outstanding. It is well planned and very clean and tidy. Having vowed that we would not go back to the same ski resort until we had visited them all (ie likely to be never.. so that we would try as many as possible) we made a unanimous family decision ... and re-booked for next year before we left - we all felt it would be hard to find anywhere to live up to Chalet del Cane Bianco.

The skiing was fabulous and we were lucky with the weather. There is plenty to do in the area and we visited the local Roman Spa and baths and it is easy to Imagine how beautiful the region must be in the summer.

Peter and Maria were great hosts who genuinely want to ensure that guests have a good time and enjoy their stay. The food was very, very good using locally sourced product and special diets were incorporated into the menu planning.

All in all we all had a truly fabulous time and can't wait until we go back again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ukpersonwhotravels
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I have never stayed in a Chalet while skiing before, but I don't know if I could ever go back to a hotel again. There was 14 of us and Maria and Peter where amazing hosts. As someone who owns my own business and is always on the go, it was amazing to go on a holiday and all I had to decide was where to eat for lunch!! They organised everything and made sure we were well looked after.

The accommodation is 5 star, comfortable and spotless. The spa and sauna was amazing after a long day on the slopes! Maria is a fantastic cook and better then most restaurant standards and the food is all locally sourced.

The skiing in Bormio is top class too and I cannot wait to go back!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GillianFarrelly
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Maria and Pete are excellent hosts and the chalet is very good value for money. It has been refurbished to a very high standard and is in a spectacular location in the Valdisotto region close to Bormio.

The activities available are endless…We did skiing, huskie sledding and had a super relaxing half day in the original Roman spa which I’d highly recommend.

The food was really incredible, usually locally sourced. Maria is a top notch chef, prepare to put on a few pounds!!

Peter and Maria worked hard to make our ski holiday as enjoyable as possible. Luca, the dog after whom the chalet is named after, is a wonderful character. The 2 dogs and 5 cats only added to our enjoyment!!

Definitely recommend staying in the Chalet Del Cane Bianco.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This is a very well appointed chalet where the hosts are helpful and welcoming. The food was delicious, using locally sourced, high quality ingredients to serve dishes of the region. Peter and Maria worked hard to ensure our skiing holiday ran as smoothly as possible. This chalet holiday is a delightful find offering high quality service with pride and enthusiasm, my opinion, having stayed in various chalets over many many ski holidays is that this one rates at the top.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lorna F
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Maria & Peter have created something quite special here which can only be defined as paradise.

The chalet itself has been refurbished to an extremely high standard in a spectacular location in the Valdisotto region close to Bormio. The activities available are endless in both summer & winter, but with the added personal touch from the hosts who know the area like the back of their hands, they will make sure that there's something for everyone.

The food is just incredible. Fresh, innovative, generous and made with love ! Maria can cater for pretty much everyone's dietary requests. The gluten free bread is quite addictive.

Members of their four legged family also help to provide a great freindly, family feel to the place. So what more could you ask for ?

Be careful though, as you may find that you'll never want to leave and Maria & Peter will become your friends for life.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Maria and Peter are excellent hosts- they were always cheerful and friendly and worked very hard to make my stay as enjoyable and productive as possible; I could always approach them for help on anything I needed.

My interest is watching the Alpine wildlife and Maria and Peter's main strength is that they took me on the best walks in Stelvio National Park. This is valuable information because I wouldn't know these walks if I was in the area by myself. They are also experienced hill walkers and so they give helpful advice on equipment and survival in the mountains.

Maria has a fine command of Italian cuisine and serves copious amounts of it for the evening meal. I worked up a healthy appetite doing so much exercise during the day which made Maria's meals even more wonderful evening treat.

My room was kept clean and was very comfortable- I particularly enjoyed relaxing on the balcony admiring the view of the mountain valley before breakfast. There was much interesting birdlife in the garden but best of all I watched a family of nesting red-backed shrikes.

Peter's breakfasts were great- I had 3 brioches and all the coffee I needed to energise myself for the day.

My thanks to Maria and Peter for a wonderful stay and of course Luca the dog after whom the chalet is named. He really is a wonderful character and he and all the other animals all added more enjoyment to my holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valdisotto
Agriturismo Rini
#4 of 7 in Valdisotto
Rifugio Zoia
Rifugio Zoia
#1 of 6 in Lanzada

Been to Chalet del Cane Bianco? Share your experiences!