My partner and I stayed one week at Villa Caiano mid september and we enjoyed it very much for many reasons :
- beautiful grounds and pool
- nice and clean villa, with a large terrace
- incredible view (not the typical tuscan landscape you might have in mind, lots of woods, but still, it's such a pleasure to get up every morning with this 180° panoramic view)
- remote and very quiet location, but grocery shops just 4km away in Londa (and larger supermarkets available a little further)
- friendly owners (but give you all the privacy you need). They have a sweet dog called Milo, who is wandering in the garden and by the pool (there's also a cat but he's quite shy)
- easy access by a good road
- good red wine bottle as welcome gift
Now what you need to know :
- wifi signal is pretty weak in the villa. Wifi comes from the owners villa on the other side of the pool, so it's great at the pool. But in the villa, it's only working in the living room of the first floor and it's slow
- it seems to be always like that in tuscany, but don't expect anything in the house, except salt / pepper and toilet paper (and of course sheets and towels). No hand soap, no dish sponge or soap, ... not even bin bags ! Not an issue, but you have to start with a visit at a supermarket and don't forget anything. Or you can order a "welcome hamper" if you book through to-tuscany.com (which is the booking website we used, no complain about it)
- location is not the best if you want to visit more than Firenze. If you go in the Chianti region, Siena or Val d'Orcia (where you can find the best landscapes), you'll have to drive at least 1h30 to go back to the villa at the end of your day.
- pool is not heated. We had 2 days of very bad weather at the beginning of the stay, water got very cold and it was impossible to bath the following days, even though sun was back (but not so warm, we weren't lucky !)
To summarize : it's a great place to relax for sure. And you can do more than that if don't mind driving a few hours
We looked for a large house with a great pool in the hills around Florence and found this villa. We booked the guest house for 5 people (4 adults, 1 teenager). It was a fantastic choice. First of all, the location is great, about 45-60min to downtown Florence by car. Yet, you live in absolute serenity and calm in the hills. Great views! The house is spacious. Big kitchen with dishwasher, fridge and refrigerator! Washing machine outside. And a barbecue.
The house features 2 living rooms; 3 bedrooms for couples and 1 room with 2 single beds. 2 bathrooms with showers and windows! The house features aircondition, yet the way it's built is typical Tuscan style, so it remains relatively cold even when it's hot outside.
Now: the pool! It's built as an infinity pool and is really big and deep. You can swim! And exciting views to the lovely countryside.
The decoration is very charming!
And the owners are very nice people that live in the bigger house but the whole property is so large, that no one disturbs the other. I found it quite comforting to know that someone's there just in case.
And by the way: there is a nice gate at the entrance...
The access is pretty direct from a small street.
We will be back!
We spent one week at the Villa Caiano Cottage in June/July 2017. It was an amazing vacation. The Cottage is located at the hillside where you can enjoy stunning sunsets from the deck via enjoying your evening meal. Even in the morning you can enjoy the sunshine from the upper deck whilst enjoying your breakfast. The house was absolutely tidy and clean and furthermore the Cottage was very aesthetically furnished. What is more there are two fridges - one in the main kitchen and one located in the teakitchen upstairs. Even though the temparature during the daytimes were very hot, the house was still very chilly inside. The owners are exceptional friendly, very helpful whenever needed and apparently family-friendly. There are a couple of restaurants nearby - however we spent most of the time at the Cottage and the swimming pool. There are also a couple of shops very close where you can get pretty much everything needed. We will definitely visit again.
A very nice villa with a big swimmingpool, a lovely view and perfect location to visit Florence. THE ownership are very friendly and helpfull.