I have stayed in this hotel twice. This is a lovely hotel in a great location. The staff is friendly, and the breakfast is great. Portezuelo is my favorite beach in Uruguay and is far better than Punta del Este in my opinion. I have read some of the other reviews, and agree that sometimes it is difficult to reach the hotel by phone. I always speak in Spanish with them, so I am not sure of their English skills. Additionally, the rates in January and February are +300/night, which is very expensive.
In the off season, however, this hotel runs about $135 a night, which is a great price for the spot. Additionally, when you are there off season, you virtually have the place to yourself, are a five minute walk from the beach, a five minute drive from Casapueblo, and a 10 minute drive from Punta del Este.
I would definitely stay here again but when the rates go down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Aldila is located at Punta del Este, Uruguay. It offers air-conditioned rooms, all of which have Internet connection, cable TV, and mini-bar. Some of its amenities include heated outdoor pool, massage booths and sauna, and beach service. Posada Aldila is near the beach, golf camp, airport, and city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Posada Aldila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Aldila Hotel Punta Ballena
- Posada Aldila Punta Del Este
- Posada Aldila Uruguay/Punta Ballena