See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 February 2015

I was in Devon for a race and Heather and Graham welcomed me in and really looked after me in their amazing house. We watched the 6 nations next to the fire and they were kind enough to get up early and make me a special breakfast so I could make the start line. I can't recommend this place and the hosts enough.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Tim A
Reviewed 8 February 2015

We stayed at Sunnyside when I was 7 months pregnant. Heather and Martin were really lovely and made our stay feel like a home from home.
The rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. The food was amazing, I don't think we had to eat lunch at all during our stay in Devon as the breakfast was so good!
Heather and Martin were very helpful when we asked for suggestions on places to visit and things to do.
I would definitely recommend Sunnyside to anyone and we hoped to return.

Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank Claire C
Reviewed 25 September 2014

We were really surprised and delighted when we arrived at 'Sunnyside', and by the time we left we'd fallen in love with the place.
Every effort had been made to make our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, and our generous and well-appointed room was an oasis of calm. The rest of the cottage was also lovingly and tastefully decorated - everything with an eye for detail. The garden is a picture postcard: a secret vegetable patch, a good sized lawn, a wild flower meadow, and a large deck from which to view the rolling hills in the distance.
Breakfast was beautifully presented with fresh fruit, cereals and a hearty cooked breakfast on offer. The sausages and bacon were locally sourced from a nearby farm shop and the abundance of jams, bread and yoghurt were all homemade.
With plenty of beaches and local treasures still to explore, we are looking forward to returning to this peaceful haven soon.
Thanks to the perfect hosts Heather and Martin for making our short stay a thoroughly relaxing and fun experience. 10/10!

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank William P
Reviewed 15 September 2014

Beverley and I were very lucky that the guest in our room was unable to stay and we were saved from a night sleeping in the car by Martin & Heather. We love the tastefully decorated house, the warm welcome, the breakfast and our comfortable room. We would certainly return and give these hosts top marks for hospitality. They obviously enjoy their new home and sharing it with others. There are too many extras to mention but do stay.........you won't be disappointed.

Room tip: I believe there are only two rooms so book early to avoid disappointment.
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Helliecoo
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The nicest, warmest hosts we've had the pleasure to meet. The food is lovely... Homemade bread, pancakes, jams... You name it, Heather makes it with a lovely welcoming smile as does Mike. The accommodation is of an excellent standard. The shower is perfect, the rooms are all well equipped & the beds very comfortable. They offer a wealth of local information so you will get out of your trip what you need. The location is great and close to lovely beaches and towns. Can't recommend it enough...

Room tip: They are all lovely
Date of stay: August 2014