See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2015

Came across sunny side B&B last minute . What a gem of a find. Warm welcome by our hosts Martin and Heather. Rooms clean and deco tastefully done, the beds were so comfy..
It was worth getting up in the morning for the wonderful breakfast plenty of choice. Hopefully we will have a chance to visit again

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for a only a night when we were attending a wedding in the village, we were so glad we choose Sunnyside!
From the moment we arrived we were treated and looked after superbly. Coffee and homemade scones with homemade jam were served on the terrace of their beautiful garden with us lounging on their sun beds, what a treat I could've stayed here forever.
The room was perfectly sized with a super king size bed to die for! Smart TV, sweet peas by the bed and the most amazing en suite shower. It also passed my wife's 'hotel inspector' cleanliness test with flying colours! This place is the B&B to choose!
Breakfast was equally amazing, homemade jams and yogurt, croissants and a great quality cooked breakfast, if only I wasn't nursing the biggest hangover from the wedding!
If we are ever fortunate enough to visit this lovely area of Devon we will definitely return.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank pandllafosse
Reviewed 4 April 2015

I travel extensively with work and stay in hotels at least 2-3 times per week and I have always avoided B&B's like the plague as the intimacy of sharing someone else house has always put me off.. However, staying with Martin & Heather at Sunnyside B&B has completely changed my view!! From the moment that I arrived I was made to feel so welcome. The house is absolutely beautiful and is exactly how you see it in the photo's! I booked the larger of the two rooms available which you can have either as a twin or as a Super King and I can honestly say that I have never slept in a comfier bed!! The room is spacious with a fab shower and everything is spotlessly clean. The breakfast is out of this world with the preserves, bread and yoghurt are all home made and absolutely delicious - (I've even started to make my own yoghurt as I've never tasted anything like Martin's)!! I stayed for 3 delightful days and although the weather was dreadful my stay with the Weston's definitely made up for this! I have family in Chillington and will definitely be staying at Sunnyside again when I next visit!

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Rachel L
Reviewed 9 February 2015

I was in Devon for a race and Heather and Graham welcomed me in and really looked after me in their amazing house. We watched the 6 nations next to the fire and they were kind enough to get up early and make me a special breakfast so I could make the start line. I can't recommend this place and the hosts enough.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Tim A
Reviewed 8 February 2015

We stayed at Sunnyside when I was 7 months pregnant. Heather and Martin were really lovely and made our stay feel like a home from home.
The rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. The food was amazing, I don't think we had to eat lunch at all during our stay in Devon as the breakfast was so good!
Heather and Martin were very helpful when we asked for suggestions on places to visit and things to do.
I would definitely recommend Sunnyside to anyone and we hoped to return.

Date of stay: September 2014