“Brilliant location and apartments”
Review of The Beach Resort

The Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cabarita Beach
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We loved the location and facilties. The middle pool was heated in winter and the spa was fantastic. They provide a kids club during school holidays and movie nights for children. The staff and managers were friendly and helpful. We will definately plan a holiday there again.

Room Tip: Ocean view is the best. The 3 bedroom are much roomier than the 2 bedroom aparments.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Brid73

Reviewed 13 June 2011

We Stayed at the The Beach in December with myself and two kids and a friend and her two kids ( we do this the first week of school holidays every year). After booking a 3 bedroom beach entrance, when we arrived we found we didnt have the beach entrance. I rang reception to ask why and was told that they were doing work on that unit and would we like to be upgraded to the penthouse. This unit was utterly stunning and had an extra bedroom as well. The view was just great with its own bbq, lounge deck and huge verandah. Kids could scooter and ripstick.

This is a great place to stay, with the beach just steps away, great coffee across the road, and the pub underneath has good food as well.

The only complaint I would make was that there were not any shops around!!! Both the boys were thrilled about that!!

I would definately stay here again, great place and so laid back.

Room Tip: If you have kids try for a pool side room
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen0608
Reviewed 23 May 2011

My recent experience with "The Beach Resort" which all rooms as advised by Katrina - Manager are all individually owned. I unfortunately, aong with my family needed to make date changes to our reservation due to moving interstate. I was told that I could not make a date change, therefore I was told by Katrina - Manager that I would have to cancel my booking and loose my deposit. Due to all the apartments being individually owned and put into a pool, the owner of the apartment did not want to refund my deposit or make date changes, he therefore has now kept my deposit. What a scam!!. At no time was I told when I made my reservation that the apartments where individually owned and delegated by the Resort Reservations staff for pooling and that they need to make it fair for all owners. What I asked to do was "CHANGE DATES" not cancel my booking. What I got back from Katrina - Manager was that they would try and re-let the individually owned apartment and if they did they would give me back my desposit. It's not my responsibility to have that room re-let, it is the Resort. I just wanted to make a date change and was denied this request due to the owners discretion. Would I stay there now? You have got to be joking! I will tell all that will listen about this Resort and how bad the Reservations Staff handled my date change especially, Katrina - Manager.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank kdutch
Reviewed 30 April 2011

What a beautiful resort. Absolutely quality throughout and right on the beach. The staff were great, assisted with anything that we required. The rooms are huge with polished timber floors, meile appliances, Austar and our view of the ocean, amazing.
We would highly recommend the Beach Resort to all families and anyone wanting a great getaway.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We were married in Cabarita and stayed at The Beach along with our very large extended families and it was perfect!
My partner and I have stayed at The Beach Resort a number of times and have always loved it for our couples getaways, but our wedding stay surpassed all of our expectations. Our entire family was catered for. Our room had views out to the sea and down the beach and was stunning; the pools were fantastic and kept lots of our family members entertained for hours; and everyone else was really happy with their rooms and the range of options available to suit their accommodation budgets. All the rooms are incredibly spacious.
The staff were also lovely and helpful and accommodating.
The location is perfect- right on the beach with the bar/restaurant downstairs.
We plan to go back every year from now on!

QUICK TIP: The Ocean View rooms have a stunning outlook, but if you want a cheaper alternative go for a Pool View room which is just as lovely but your outlook is of the pool not the ocean,

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2011

We stayed here for a week and couldn't recommend it more highly. The location is superb, right on the beach, and the facilities are great.

Some of the best points:
- large apartments
- well appointed apartments
- great pools
- friendly / helpful staff
- very clean and new

Overall we would highly recommend The Beach

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 22 November 2010

My fiance and I booked this venue for our wedding reception. The location is perfect and even though the venue hire was expensive it allowed us to create our day the way we wanted. We are now only a few weeks away from our wedding and have received news that the venue is no longer available. The function room has apparently been sold, and they will not be holding any of the functions that have been booked after the 1st December. My partner and I have booked and paid all of our caterers and decorators and suppliers for the day and now do not have a venue for our wedding. We have people flying in from overseas, who now have no accomodation and have lost the money that they paid for flights and accommodation while they are here.
We have since found out that the function room was actually being let out illegally as it has not been council inspected and we were never informed of this or the intended sale of the area. This is absolutely disgusting, considering that we have spent over $10,000 which we do not know if we will get back.
I just can not believe that anyone would take away someones wedding day like that. Every venue that I call trying to reschedual the reception is fully booked out.
I now have just a few weeks to try and figure out an alternative plan that can be implemented for only $6000, which is the remaining money we have for our wedding.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Mantra on Salt Beach
Mantra on Salt Beach
#3 of 5 in Kingscliff
The Byron at Byron Resort & Spa

Been to The Beach Resort? Share your experiences!