“Perfect in every way” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Beach Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cabarita Beach
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

We spent ten days at The Beach resort and wished we had stayed longer. After a two day road trip from Melbourne we felt like we'd arrived in an oasis. Our two bedroom, two bathroom apartment easily accommodated our family of four. Not only was the decor magnificent, it contained every mod con you could wish for. The pools were terrific and the spa an added luxury. I even did a rooftop yoga class which was BLISS. A fully equipped kitchen meant we could stay in and cook or go downstairs to the Beach bar/restaurant and have a meal. Kids meals were good value and included a great range of menu items and bonus activity pack, the children enjoyed the games room there as well. We were fortunate enough to stay there the first week of the kids club and sent the girls in there for a lovely spa afternoon. They also enjoyed a movie night in kids club and I couldn't feel any happier with the excellent staff in there and range of activities. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and always go the extra mile to ensure a fantastic stay. We will certainly go back.

2 Thank Kymdean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

We recently stayed at The Beach Resort for a family getaway including Mother-in-law and grandson. The one thing that we loved was the amount of space in the apartment. It was big enough to have everyone stay but not be in each other’s way. Admittedly we did stay in the Penthouse but it made our holiday amazing. We had everything we needed to prepare the family dinner, relax and take in the view.
The staff and management were really helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to help us with directions to nearby attractions and offered DVDs & board games for our stay .
The whole family loved it and can’t wait to go back again next year.
TIP: Don’t forget the binoculars. We saw quite a few whales but you really need you binoculars to get a good look.

2 Thank family_manGoldCoast
Newcastle, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

This location is so magic ... I have stayed here three times! but NO MORE.

The new management are a bunch of "bogans" who have no clue about customer service. This is an expensive venue and is supposed to be a quality resort. It is certainly a million dollar location and view.

The ceiling in our apartment leaked over the main bedroom!! I was woken up by water dripping over the bed. Reception and management were just totally disinterested and the best they could do was offer to change the bed linen and suggest we sleep with a plastic shower curtain over the bed. SERIOUSLY! I kid you not. We stayed a few days after Easter and there was some intermittent rain ... no offer of a room swap, no offer of a refund.

Further, the maintenance department decided to cut the lawn outside a holiday resort at 9am with an extremely noisy mower.

Information requested about what restaurants, shops or cafes being open over Easter was completely WRONG. Everything was open the whole time.

When you pay for this level of accommodation, it comes with certain expectations about quality. We stayed here with two couples and two children and had a fantastic experience, we went there on a romantic get away ... just my husband and I, but this final trip - with another couple - under the new management ... FORGET IT.

If anyone knows any of the owners you need to pass this information on through the body corporate ... their investment is NOT BEING WELL LOOKED AFTER under the new management.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank movedalot
TheBeachCabarita, Manager at The Beach Resort, responded to this review, 30 July 2011
I am sorry but we do not agree with this review at all. Yes, their was a problem with a ceiling in the unit and the guests were offered another better room and declined to move. We did not offer any shower curtain as we do not have any in this resort to cover any bedding. The guests wanted to stay in that unit no matter what. It is absolutely disgusting how this review is put on Trip Advisor with completely incorrect information. We have repeat guests and a fantastic resort. We would never treat our guests like what was described. Katrina Morris.
Dalby, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

We loved the location and facilties. The middle pool was heated in winter and the spa was fantastic. They provide a kids club during school holidays and movie nights for children. The staff and managers were friendly and helpful. We will definately plan a holiday there again.

Room Tip: Ocean view is the best. The 3 bedroom are much roomier than the 2 bedroom aparments.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brid73
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

We Stayed at the The Beach in December with myself and two kids and a friend and her two kids ( we do this the first week of school holidays every year). After booking a 3 bedroom beach entrance, when we arrived we found we didnt have the beach entrance. I rang reception to ask why and was told that they were doing work on that unit and would we like to be upgraded to the penthouse. This unit was utterly stunning and had an extra bedroom as well. The view was just great with its own bbq, lounge deck and huge verandah. Kids could scooter and ripstick.

This is a great place to stay, with the beach just steps away, great coffee across the road, and the pub underneath has good food as well.

The only complaint I would make was that there were not any shops around!!! Both the boys were thrilled about that!!

I would definately stay here again, great place and so laid back.

Room Tip: If you have kids try for a pool side room
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen0608
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

My recent experience with "The Beach Resort" which all rooms as advised by Katrina - Manager are all individually owned. I unfortunately, aong with my family needed to make date changes to our reservation due to moving interstate. I was told that I could not make a date change, therefore I was told by Katrina - Manager that I would have to cancel my booking and loose my deposit. Due to all the apartments being individually owned and put into a pool, the owner of the apartment did not want to refund my deposit or make date changes, he therefore has now kept my deposit. What a scam!!. At no time was I told when I made my reservation that the apartments where individually owned and delegated by the Resort Reservations staff for pooling and that they need to make it fair for all owners. What I asked to do was "CHANGE DATES" not cancel my booking. What I got back from Katrina - Manager was that they would try and re-let the individually owned apartment and if they did they would give me back my desposit. It's not my responsibility to have that room re-let, it is the Resort. I just wanted to make a date change and was denied this request due to the owners discretion. Would I stay there now? You have got to be joking! I will tell all that will listen about this Resort and how bad the Reservations Staff handled my date change especially, Katrina - Manager.

Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank kdutch
Mackay Region, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

What a beautiful resort. Absolutely quality throughout and right on the beach. The staff were great, assisted with anything that we required. The rooms are huge with polished timber floors, meile appliances, Austar and our view of the ocean, amazing.
We would highly recommend the Beach Resort to all families and anyone wanting a great getaway.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Mantra on Salt Beach
Mantra on Salt Beach
#3 of 5 in Kingscliff
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,188 reviews

Been to The Beach Resort? Share your experiences!