“Great venue! Great food!!”
Review of The Beach Bar

The Beach Bar
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My husband and I went to the Cabarita beach hotel for lunch today and we absolutely loved it. We sat outside with a view of the beach and both had the steak which was perfectly cooked and came with sweet mashed potatoes and green veg. Absolutely delightful! Would highly recommend to those looking for a great lunch/dinner at a great venue.

1  Thank Sallytm

Reviewed 16 April 2013

My family stayed upstairs in the beach resort and we were here for a week, the weather was perfect and we were either in the pools ,on the beach, exploring the rocks,fishing and surfing. Lunch and dinner was in the hotel on the beachfront, with the young ones playing on the grass area or climbing the trees. The meals were excellent and quite large, great value, from the salads to the the steaks. all in all the the best holiday

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We we staying in the Beach Resort and headed down for a meal out. The place was packed, so we thought it must be good. (The Surf Club restaurant over the other side of the pathway was empty, so we thought that indicated something)

Upon entering we noticed that most tables were not acually eating, but waiting for a meal. The meals we did see didn't look that great, but we were there and didn't want to muck around, as the kids were starving and exhausted from a big day at the beach.

We found the menu extremely restricted and boring, and were told quite rudely that the two best-sounding dishes (out of a sad bunch) were sold out, but we ordered something anyway,
The price was astronomical for what it was, but I paid anyway. As she handed me my receipt, the surly girl told me that there was about one hour's wait for the meal. What???? Why didn't she tell us that before we wasted 15 minutes trying to find something to order on the woeful menu? I immediately demanded my money back, which she strongly objected to, but I insisted and she ended up refunding it.

Being not in the mood to walk too far, we reluctantly went just across the pathway to the restaurant under the Surf Club (leased by the Club to the private restaurant). Well, what a wonderful, superbly cooked and served meal we had! Magical evening under the stars with the sound of the waves the other side of the dunes. Lovely waitresses, excellent chef, great menu, very reasonable prices.
We occasionally glanced over at the poor suckers still waiting for their meals at the Beach Bar and overtly gloated whilst languidly sipping wine over our delicious dessert!!! Sometimes Fate is kind.

In conclusion, the Beach Bar is a no-go zone for us - insufficient kitchen staff, boring un-inviting menu, high prices and surly attitude of cashier.

2  Thank lisant F
Reviewed 9 March 2013

This was not a good experience. Admittedly it was a Friday night and a lot of people making a lot of noise in a small area is probably the norm. We ordered a drink - the wine selection was not up to standard but never mind we gave the benefit of the doubt after all we were in a beach area and in a casual bar. We decided after looking at the menu that it wasn't our thing but gave the benefit of the doubt again and decided to give it a go. However half an hour later after watching the parade of greasy and overladen plates passing in front of us decided to leave and go elsewhere.
It wasn't helped by the snappy waitress and an attempt to try some of the 'free' bar food in the interim. Frankly it was awful.
We went down the road to a recommended fish and chip shop and had a pretty good casual meal there!

1  Thank patmary68
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I currently live in Los Angeles, and come back to visit my family in the area.
We all really enjoy meeting at the Beach Bar in Cabarita, for dinner or just drinks.
My dad prefers the steak here to the other local bistros in the area. I think the Calamari and the Crispy Salmon are also better here than other places I've tried locally.
The outdoor setting looking towards the ocean is really nice and relaxing for adults, while the children can play outdoors at the front as well.
The staff have always treated us very well. It has a very personable and friendly feel to the place.
Other family members stay in the resort upstairs (which they love) and it's a great central place for us all to meet.

1  Thank KatMX1