“Lush.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Patnem
Tantra Cafe Restaurant and Huts
Ranked #11 of 23 Speciality Lodging in Patnem
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

This was my favourite place in 4 weeks of travelling down the west coast, and probably the cheapest! Basic but lovely huts right on the beach with everything you need.
The staff are friendly, helpful and relaxed. No pestering here.
The only downfall is noise.. We were out of season and were still kept up with loud music in the bar until early morning.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Tantra Cafe Restaurant and Huts

Reviewed 12 April 2014

The staff here went out of their way to ensure I had a great holiday. There was a taxi strike that I did not know about and I would have missed my flight had they not made sure I knew about it very late the night before. It meant I had to get up very early but they made sure I got a taxi before the strike started! Even before that I couldn't have asked for any thing more from the staff, everything was very easy as the food was so great there and the sunloungers comfy just in front. The hut I stayed in was very clean and I felt very safe in them. I would definitely go back again and would recommend anyone else to stay there who is looking for quality budget accomodation. x

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bex p
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Loved spending the afternoon here- they have mattresses and comfy chairs and sunbeds- literally something for everyone. Sit on the mattresses with low tables with a gin and tonic or a King's beer, and it'll be the best afternoon for you! They have great food- my Kingfish grill was good, and came with decent fries on the side. My friend's vegetarian coconut curry was also very good. Good service by Yadoo and the boys- they let you play your own music as long as you like (even if it means playing jazz over the usual psy-trance!). Their banoffee pie was not the best we've had, but I'll let them pass for the overall experience!

Room Tip: All the rooms are a skip away from the beach so you'll always be well located
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I booked to stay here for our first week of a 2 month stay at Patnem. There are loads of huts, and you don't generally need to pre book - but I wanted to know where we'd go initially as we travelled with my 4 year old daughter. I was swayed by good reviews, but my stay was decidedly under par. The huts are basic (but you expect them all to be so), mozzie net, bathroom attached. But the fan didn't work (and you do need a working fan in the heat - especially if you have children), the mattress and sheets were dirty, and the bar was exceptionally loud - fine if you're a party going late night crowd, but not so good if you have a child - and it was a surprise, as patnem is very much a family-friendly place. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the food at Tantra is fine - but there are a lot of places to eat, and some do stunning food at very cheap prices. Overall, Tantra does basic beach huts, good for party goers - not good for families - and better food can be found elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Karen W
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Just back from an unbelievable three weeks in Patnem and Agonda.
Trantra as always delivers on food, drinks, service and vibe, although we didn't stay in their huts this year.
The owner has asked me to put his telephone number on tripadvisor so people can ring him if you want to book huts etc.
The huts are basic but clean and the arrangement and closeness to the bar makes a real villagey feel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma M
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

The food and staff here are excellent. Our 5 year old son didn't want to eat or drink anywhere else. He had the penne pomodoro every night for 2 weeks!! Will definatley be going back next year. I highly recommend the prawn biryani and the choice of fresh fish every night was exceptional. I didn't get a bad meal here at all, even the salads were amazing!!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Tonivinny
Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

I didn't actually stay here, but I had friends staying here so came to eat and drink almost everyday! The food was very good, fish curry, palak paneer and tandoori chicken were my favourites! And the pagodas! All the guys working there were very friendly and welcoming, they made me feel very at home and I'd always stop by for a chat.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank cy2486
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patnem
The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa
#6 of 23 in Patnem
Salida del Sol
Salida del Sol
#3 of 23 in Patnem

Been to Tantra Cafe Restaurant and Huts? Share your experiences!