“Relaxing stay”

Ranked #4 of 14 Patnem B&B and Inns
MK
“Relaxing stay”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I stayed at Secret Garden for a week before moving to Agonda and as a solo female traveller have only positives to say about the experience - i was well looked after by Nazir and staff, had some lovely Yoga sessions with Shiva right outside my hut, the food was delicious and i was made to feel at home and cared for. I would go back. Thank you very much everyone for a great introduction to Goa!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night at Secret Garden and decided to move on because we wanted to be by the sea. However we enjoyed our time the garden and would recommend it to anyone looking for a green, calm space with good huts, coffee and service only 10 minutes from Patnem beach. The staff are also very friendly and made us feel very relaxed

• Stayed January 2013
Oregon
Reviewed 21 December 2012

For those who have not yet been to Secret Garden, you have a treat in store. But first let me mention that Secret Garden is no longer in Patnem; it's on the road going down from the main road to Colomb and has been for two years. Nazir's hard work is evident in the landscaping, the attention to detail in the cottages. There is a nice space for yoga and many places to relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. Nazir and his staff are friendly and eager to please. Good coffee too.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank peargrower
London
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This was my first place I stayed when I arrived in India and ended up staying there for a month with my boyfriend.
Nazir is a perfect host. He's one of life's gems, as everyone has found who's met him and stayed at Secret Garden.
The huts are well built, clean, decorated nicely, have mosquito nets over the bed, and - which we found a lot of places didn't have travelling around India - have a hot shower in the adjoining private bathrooms.
The huts are nestled amongst well maintained gardens and face out on a yoga space. If you stay here, you really are at one with nature...I loved it, but you have to be in a certain mind-set and not go expecting a posh hotel because it's not that kind of place!
SG is just off the road that links Patnem with Palolem - so is well positioned to get around by scooter / on foot.
Some people we met in Goa said they didn't want to stay right on the beach because the noise made by the sea kept them awake at night. So Secret Garden would be ideal for them as it is positioned away from the beach. (If you havent been to the western coast of India yet, it's worth knowing the waves are quite strong!)
If you are a swimming pool junkie like myself, there is a hotel literally two mins walk away from SG. It's about 300 rupees to use the pool for the day, which to me was as good as staying somewhere with a pool.
In conclusion, if you're heading to southern Goa, definitely stay at Secret Garden because you wont be disappointed - the excellent reviews say it all :-)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Louise P
London town
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This was the 3rd place i stayed at in the Palolem/Patnem area. The first place was in the village but was way too noisy. The second was on the beach which again had too many dogs barking all night. So i did a recky and found this little beautiful secret!!! situated about 5 mins walk from both Patnem and Palolem beach...

First of all no dogs, second not many crows and third what a wonderful little eco nature reserve run by an amazing man called Nazir.

Hot water = check

peaceful surroundings = check

Great hospitality = check

Value for money = check

fantastic kashmiry food = check (don't forget to try the water melon curry divine)

i ended up staying for 2 months = check

Fantastic rooms with mosquito net provided (which were cleaned once a week)

All in all a great place to stay with a very relaxed atmosphere... i think it kind of attracts the same like minded people to the place and then people find it hard to leave.

I felt very comfortable there and had peace of mind leaving all my valuables there.
Nazir, Shabir and Lai couldn't have done enough for us. you can even go to Nazir for some advice as he is a very spiritual person.

i'm really looking forward to going back next year and to seei all the new plants and exotic flowers that have been planted and of course seeing the guys and India again.

Peace

Darren

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty much the same... just climb into the hammock and relax.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I love the Secret Garden. Simple as that!!!

I started my trip in India here, one week - before studying in Kerala, and all I wanted to do was destress. Which is exactly what I did, it was so magical that I returned immediately after my course was finished and stayed for 3 weeks!!

The Secret Garden is run by amazing owner Nazir, Shabir and Lal, and it may not be luxury 5 star accommodation but the service certainly is.
Nothing is too much trouble for Nazir and he went way beyond the call of duty and sorted out my dodgy dongle purchase while I was in Kerala, followed up on the whereabouts of my parcel (sent from the Butterfly Bookshop - DO NOT BOTHER - useless, rude and dishonest, go to the post office!!!) once we'd left!!

The huts are lovely, simple, stylish and comfortable, everything has already been said before:)
Hot water (which I never needed) lovely beds (and believe me, I've stayed all over India and this was the most comfy and peaceful place I stayed at!) Clean and pretty and after a few days I didn't even need to bother to ask for my morning chai - it was brought to me upon waking!!! How's that for attentative?

Sure the privacy is limited, but these huts are super eco - friendly, the walls and roofs are built of wood and palm leaves, and get taken down and stored each year for the monsoon so all things considering, I had no problem with privacy at all.
In fact the place is so peaceful, the staff are so discreet, I felt pretty private and completely safe throughout my stay!
I would recommend this place above the more stylish and luxurious places to stay in Patnem or Palolem for sure!

Tracy and Nazir, I wish only the very best for you!!
See you next year!

Room Tip: Tip? Ask for Lisa's room!!! You can even borrow my pelican nightlight - Nazir is keeping it for...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank urbantravelangel
Ibiza, Spain
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The hosts Nazir, Bihare Lal & Shabir go out of the way to make sure you are at HOME. Very pleasent, relaxed atmosphere with a touch of the Indian experience of staying at a eco cabanas with hot and cold shower at your disposal. They are all great cooks and quite domesticated. Nazir used up all his phone credit helping me sort out my flight home.... that is good service. Thank you guys if I go back to Goa, I will def stay with you!!

Room Tip: You can have a lovely cabana or a posh eco tent.... either or, good value!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank LilyPod72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patnem
The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa
SUMMER by thehostelcrowd
Seaview Resort
Seaview Resort
#18 of 23 in Patnem

Been to Secret Garden Resort? Share your experiences!