“Looking for an unforgettable yoga retreat amongst...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Patnem Beach Goa. Offers Residential Yoga  teacher course.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
KathrinMa...
“Looking for an unforgettable yoga retreat amongst family - you found your place!”
Reviewed 21 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

I can say that my experience at ShivaShaktiYoga in Agonda Beach was one of the most beautiful things I have done in my life. The place, the people, the yoga terrace with view on the river - it is the ideal place for spending time to discover things about yourself and the world around you - I felt like surrounded by family and was very sad when I had to leave. This place is the place to be in Agonda when your are looking for a quiet, deep experience.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: loved the yoga lessons, sharing food (very nice food :) at meal times, walks at the beach and most beautiful sunsets
Liked least: nothing to report really :)
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Karla M
Cancun, Mexico
“really good experience”
Reviewed 17 February 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

I took a Yoga teacher Training last december, the whole experience was really nice, the little hotel is on a good location, is not right on the ocean but, you can get to the beach in 3 minutes by walking, the river is right there, i sleep like a baby every night, very quiet, you can really relax and let go.
The teachers were very experienced, patients, and they keep your attention. The food is soooo good, vegetarian and healthy.
Overall a great experience!!

Your age range 35-49
carolinit...
UK
“Excellent value for money, and so much more!”
Reviewed 29 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

I've just returned from the December 2015 YTTC200 course at Shiva Shakti in Goa and, having agonized over choosing a course, I thought it would be helpful to write a review about the experience.

It took me several weeks to find a course that both fit my requirements in terms of training, dates, and of course, budget. Originally I settled on a centre in Rishikesh but I didn't feel happy with my choice so I cancelled and began to search in Goa and Kerala. Several centers had been recommended to me by friends but these were all booked for the dates I had available. And so I kept coming back to Shiva Shakti.

I was a little wary as I didn't feel convinced by the replies to this post. However, I went with my gut and booked anyway. And I have to say I am SO pleased that I did! For me, everything was spot on. The location was lovely. The TTCs are no longer held at Cola beach but on a hillside at the end of Agonda beach overlooking a river, where fisherman go about their business every day whilst we sweat at the top of the hill! The beach is a couple of minutes walk away and is beautiful, quiet, safe and friendly. The accommodation was simple but adequate; large huts with private bathrooms and comfortable beds. The food, prepared by the lovely family who cater to the students for the entirety of the month, was spicy, delicious, and varied to a point. I am gluten-intolerant and had no problems here.

Now, most importantly, I come to the teaching!! Chida and Jagi are both, as far as I'm concerned, demi-gods! Chida's calm, firm, patient approach to teaching pranayama and asanas was perfect, as was his gentle approach to introducing us to teaching and the practice and theory behind it. I couldn't have hoped for a better instructor and will be forever indebted to him for instilling in me the confidence I hoped for in becoming a yoga instructor. Jagi covered anatomy and philosophy classes, as well as mediation and mantra chanting, and his classes were always fascinating, fun and something to look forward to. His knowledge and insight into philosophy, life and love is awe-inspiring. The routine was fairly rigorous and we packed so much into each day, but there is a lot to learn and every element was a welcome experience.

I'd also like to mention both Amit and Mayur who are behind the Shiva Shakti operation. Both are helpful, lovely human beings who looked after us all brilliantly.

I realise now that I arrived at Shiva Shakti knowing very little about yoga. Now, having spent a month in the presence of both these two amazing teachers, my incredible peers, and the wider community of Agonda, I am confident in my knowledge and abilities as a yoga instructor. I am keeping up my daily practice and self-study and am considering returning for the next level course.

This is an in-depth, value for money, life-changing experience. The only bad part was having to leave!

Alexander...
Istanbul, Turkey
“Vacation in Paradise”
Reviewed 21 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

It had always been a dream of mine to go to India so it was the perfect opportunity for me to spend a week in Goa to practice Yoga every day and to spend time in the beautiful nature of this remote part of the country. Agonda is in the South of Goa covered in forests with a long pristine beach. The Yoga retreat is located at a river leading to the sea. I stayed at a lovely hut right at the river where I could relax and prepare for my Yoga class. The beach is in walking distace so I could to go there after the Yoga sessons and swim and enjoy the nature. At Shiva Shakti Yoga in Agonda I practiced Yoga with a motivated and engaging teacher. Through the physical exercises and the meditation and different breathing techniques I gained a new perspective on the relation between the body and the mind which is very benefiting in this hectic time we live in nowadays. I liked how the days were structured: We started with Yoga in the morning at sunrise followed by a small breakfest. After dinner there was time to spend at the beach or explore the area. In the late aternoon we had another Yoga session and evening dinner. The food at the retreat was always delicious and carefully prepared and vegetarian. The family who runs the place is very kind and I feel very fortunate that I could stay at their place and experience something so wonderful and positive. I can say that it was not only a vacation but also a changing experience and I am definitly planning on coming back to Agonda.

Your age range 25-34
Kaoutar89...
Casablanca, Morocco
“Amazing and peaceful landscapes”
Reviewed 15 December 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

The trainning was intense and challenging! I learned a lot! The teachers were so eager to teach and the staff is very nice. But most of all we felt into the wild somehow due to the amazing nature and surroundings, which added peace and great perspective to our training.

Kim-Poppy
Milan, Italy
“Yoga teacher training”
Reviewed 2 December 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

I came to Shivashaktiyoga for a yoga teacher training. The accommodation itself is really simple and sober, but the surroundings are beautiful and very peaceful. We were totally focused on the training itself which was intense but very satisfying. I am not exaggerating if I say it changed my life. During the course it was challenging, but now I realize better what it did for me. The guys who organize the course are very efficient and helpful, the teachers - in a very different way - taught me loads of things I never did or even heard of during the years of yoga before this. So I definitely recommend the training.

Your age range 35-49
Tania R
“Missing this place a lot”
Reviewed 1 December 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Simple rooms , but amazing location , in the heart of jungles . The atmosphere is great and staff if nice and friendly . Yoga teachers r the best

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing