“A lifetime experience - in every sense!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Patnem Beach Goa. Offers Residential Yoga  teacher course.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
Bobe7
“A lifetime experience - in every sense!”
Reviewed 22 May 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

Before I go into detail, I'd like to say that overall we had a wonderful time at SSY and it was well worth the experience.
By the end of the month I was really sad to leave the place and wished we could stay just a little bit longer.

Still, SSY was something else than we expected in every sense.

Our arrival and our first night was quite a shock to us pampered Europeans. We arrived in the middle of the night due to a 12 hour total delay in our flight schedule. Our friendly host lead us to our hut and went back to sleep. By the time we got to the bed and realized that we have nothing but one piece of pillow on the bare bed we could not find anyone to ask help from, the whole camp was dark. To bed we went then thinking that one night is okay without a duvet or blankie, it’s very warm anyway. So we thought! Around 4am then we started to feel REALLY cold and had to put on whatever random clothes we could find in our luggage and wrapped ourselves into our towels. Even wrapped up like two homeless people we shivered like crazy, but tried to sleep. It was impossible though due to the noise. The stray dogs were barking, howling and fighting. Hundreds of roosters scream simultaneously. Coconuts, palm leaves and other random stuff were falling on the tin roof of our hut. Animals were rustling in the undergrowth, rats or mice came in the room to sniff around. Then when you would just fall asleep, the hosts wake up and start to rattle with the dishes and shout. So all in all we did not sleep much in the first week. One gets used to all this in time, but it takes a while. Also, we got our blankies the next day. That first night really taught us to appreciate our nice quiet bedroom and bed back in Germany. The matrass in our hut by the way was quite good, later I had nice sleeps on it

The next day in the daylight we discovered that our accommodation was very basic. We didn’t expect the Hilton of course, but our room was visibly not even cleaned, so I spent our day before the course start with some cleaning. Also, the huts and the camp have slightly different look and feel from what the photos and the description on the website suggest. There was only cold running water. We got used to the simple accommodation very quickly and didn’t mind it after a couple of days. We had other things to focus on: the beautiful beaches, the kindness of people, the training itself, the whole experience. One quickly realizes what are the true necessities in life and it doesn’t take much to be happy and just enjoy existence.

The food was very basic. I did not eat the breakfast as normally it was something with milk and sugar and I do not consume these things. My man was more than happy with the sweet milky stuff. Then at 11am we had brunch which consisted of a soup (was very similar every day, if not the same), poppadums, some fresh veg, plain parathas and a veg curry or dahl. In general the food was very nice but some days it was unbearably hot, which left me quite hungry, especially that with all that exercise we only got our next meal at 7pm. Also, on several days we had processed soy which was just something that I would not eat. Not healthy, doesn’t taste nice and has a super weird consistency. Also, there were way too many days when they gave us cabbage. By the end of the 3 weeks I had to sneak out more and more often to get my meals from somewhere else.

I came to SSY Agonda with my partner who accompanied me doing a retreat while I’m doing the teacher training. He was in the end convinced to do the course with us, otherwise he would have been the only one being only on a retreat. He didn’t regret his decision and absolutely loved the course, but I sometimes wonder if there was really an option to do only a retreat.

The course itself was very intense. In the evenings we had about an hour to do our chores or sit on the beach before the sun went down, then we had dinner and went straight to bed, as we had to be up very early in the mornings.

Overall we had a magical time in SSY Agonda, we met great people, our hosts and teachers were really supportive, friendly and we have really fond lifetime memories.

Thank you to all the lovely people we could share this inspiring experience and who took care of us!

Liz & Christian

Your age range 25-34
5 Jun 2017
Thank You Liz & Christian, pleasure meeting you guys
Steffi H
“profund knowledge in short time”
Reviewed 15 May 2017 for a stay in March 2017

As a yoga student with 6 years experience, am very happy to have completed my 200 hrs YTT with Shiva Shakti Yoga. The traineeship integrates profund basic knowledge of the science of Yoga. Even in a short length of time the student experiences inspiration for life.

However, since this course also addresses beginners, you should be aware that It takes a lot of work and learning afterwards to be able to teach responsibly.

Also, you should be aware of, that there are major differences between the "western" style to teach yoga and the "indian" style. However, in my opinion the yoga you will learn at shiva shakti is how it was originally meant. What you will learn there is A GREAT BASE for what ever you make out of it.

Very recommendable place, great communication and open ears.

Thank you!

5 Jun 2017
Thank You Steffi!
Alana K
“Traditional yoga taught with love and care”
Reviewed 24 April 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

If you choose to receive your teacher training with ShivaShakti you not only gain the skills you need to start your journey as a yoga teacher (they get you up and teaching by day 2) but you will grow spiritually and emotionally through the love and support of your peers, teachers and organisers. There are plenty of reviews on here about the superb quality of teaching, the tasty food, the intense schedule and the, lets say, basic accommodation, but my message to any potential student is that Shiva Shakti creates the perfect environment for personal transformation.

And if I could give any potential yoga teacher trainee any advise it would be... don't over think, listen to your gut, there are no mistakes on your journey of self-discovery

28 Apr 2017
Thanks Alana to be a part of Shiva Shakti Yoga Family. Hope to see you again.

Love & Peace
Mayur
francine...
London, United Kingdom
“Great course, great teachers, great location”
Reviewed 14 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

I did my Yoga teacher training last month and it was a wonderful experience. Yes, do not expect hot water, fluffy beds and 5 star meals, but if you are adventurous, keen to learn, and in the spirit of yoga this may very well be your place. Beach and town nearby, private rooms (no shared dorm, this was very important to me), inspirational teachers and lovely staff. I am truly happy I chose Shiva Shakti school. A lovely experience overall and the course cost was certainly well below standard European prices.
ENJOY☺

18 Apr 2017
"Namaste, Thank you for taking the time to review. I am very pleased to hear that Shiva Shakti Yoga team made your TTc pleasant. Do checkout our Facebook and Twitter pages you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon."
Yogirosi
“Eternal Bliss”
Reviewed 8 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

Shivashakti has everything you need in order to complete 200ttc with comfort, relaxation and time management.
The kitchen staffs are amazing. They are very friendly and caring and amazing cooks.
The hut may not meet western expectations but western people needs to meet the eastern way...there is gift in simplicity and its an honour to get back to basics and appreciate simplicity. I loved my hut eventhough I have no hot water, i had monkeys to entertain me every morning .
I love the work of the admin and our hosts Amit and Mayur. They are super friendly and accommodating and very much go out their way to make sure you are happy and relaxed.
Lasts but not the leasts. I fully connected with both my teachers.
JYOTI is amazing woman and knows her work inside and out. She's only new to teaching but I know give her another year, she will definitely captured many hearts of students. She has already captured mind.
Manish Goyal i cannot find words to speak highly enough of your gifts. You were not only yogi master to me...you were the light that lead me home to self realisation. I thank you so much for your authenticity, purity, and passion to the teaching of Lord Shiva. I know many more will be awakened through you and i am blessed to know that I had the privilege to be one of them.
Namaste
Rosanna

Jez89
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Wholly uplifting experience”
Reviewed 10 June 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

The 200hr yoga teacher training course in Agonda exceed expectations. We were all welcomed by the loving and caring family who live on site, and provided us with great food and many laughs each day. The management team were highly organised and efficient at making sure we were all able to arrive with out hassle and were catered for. They took time to open their hearts and to get to know people personally. The level of teaching was extremely high, delivered with passion and sense of personal experince. It was clear they have a deep love for their practices and through this it enables them to teach in a way which allows for you learn with a full understanding. Our group became family with each other and the teachers through out the course. We shared a lot of laughs, a few tears, some ecstatic moments and some exhausted. The love and caring shown by the teachers and the staff to our well being was second to none. The course was intense due to its limited number of days, so prep yourself for a time of focused learning instead of a relaxed holiday. Accommodation was a simple hut with plenty of room, en suite and the best matteress I had the pleasure of resting on during my time in India. With beautifull Agonda beach a short walk away it is the perfect place to rest and digest after all the intense productive leaning. If your looking to learn to teach or deepen your own yoga practice and understanding, I highly recommend Shia Shakti and their team! Much love and gratitude!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
7 Jul 2016
Namaste Jez,

Aap Kaise Ho?

Thank you for your review and for choosing Shiva Shakti Yoga School for 200 Hr. Yoga TTc in Goa. I'm happy that you enjoyed your time and we are able to fulfill your expectations. We are looking forward to having you again as a part of Shiva Shakti Yoga Family.
Taloolape...
Rishikesh, India
“Wonderful experience :)”
Reviewed 18 May 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

I did my 200hour TTC here in March.With so many yoga schools to choose from it can be overwhelming trying to choose one. I am so glad that my higher power led me to this one!
The course is intense so be prepared to work hard mentally, physically and spiritually! I felt that the syllabus was very well laid out and delivered as the teachers really put their hearts into teaching. There was only students 13 students in our class which for me was so nice as I find it easier in small groups and I know some other schools have groups of 40 plus!
The school is set in the jungle overlooking the river so you wake up to the sound of the birds singing in the trees and have the occasional invasion of monkeys which is an amazing sight to watch them swinging in the trees from the yoga shala. It is just minutes walk from Agonda beach which is simple beautiful and will always hold a special place in my heart!
The accommodation is basic, a single hut with bathroom, you have everything you need. I felt welcome, safe and secure from the moment that I arrived and after a month here I really felt like part of the family. I know I will always be welcome back there with Prapti an Pratap who will do everything they can to help you.
I have been travelling in India since I finished and have come across many other schools and talked with other students and from what I hear don't think anything compares to ShivaShakti yoga.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 18-24
7 Jul 2016
Namaste, Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your 200 Hr. Yoga TTc with us! I hope your next visit just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing