“Amazing experience”
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Patnem Beach Goa. Offers Residential Yoga  teacher course.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

LauraP106...
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 21 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018
person found this review helpful

I didn't do much research about Shiva Shakti before I booked the course since it was the only school offering a badge in my holidays.
I was extremely lucky. I learned so much and came home with a lot of energy and so many new ideas that can benefit me, my family and friends. I also feel very confident to teach my own classes now.
The teachers at Shiva Shakti are amazing. Our asana and pranayama teacher showed us so many interesting techniques, guided us well through our first teaching experiences and shared her knowledge about ayurveda with us. Our philosophy and anatomy teacher was teaching with extremely much passion and knowledge, always making sure that we all understood everything. The owners Amrit and Mayur were very friendly and helpful. The groups at Shiva Shakti are small, so there is a lot of attention for everyone. There were only 5 people in my group.

The setting is very beautiful too. Shiva Shakti is right at the beach of Patnem, a quiet beach with a few other yoga schools and cafes. I always went for a swim in between the classes to cool down again.
There are a few small shops at Patnem. The next beach, Paolem, is 30 min walking. It is more touristic and has many  souvenir shops and restaurants.
The food at Shiva Shakti is healthy and tasty. There was usually a curry, dal, chapati, rice and salad.

Overall, I couldn't have wished for a better experience. I will now deepen my own practice of Yoga, start teaching some classes and then I hope to come back to Shiva Shakti for the 300 hours training.

22 May 2018
Namaste Laura, Thank you for taking the time to review. I am very pleased to hear that Shiva Shakti Yoga team made your TTC pleasant and it was an amazing experience for you. You are a lovely soul and passionate to deep in your own yoga practice to benefit others. It would be our pleasure to you become a part of Shiva Shakti Yoga Family. We wish you all the very best and be touch based, we would love to help you in all aspects in future. You are Welcome to join for 300 Hours too. Do checkout our Facebook and Insta pages you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon..
Bobe7
“A lifetime experience - in every sense!”
Reviewed 22 May 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

Before I go into detail, I'd like to say that overall we had a wonderful time at SSY and it was well worth the experience.
By the end of the month I was really sad to leave the place and wished we could stay just a little bit longer.

Still, SSY was something else than we expected in every sense.

Our arrival and our first night was quite a shock to us pampered Europeans. We arrived in the middle of the night due to a 12 hour total delay in our flight schedule. Our friendly host lead us to our hut and went back to sleep. By the time we got to the bed and realized that we have nothing but one piece of pillow on the bare bed we could not find anyone to ask help from, the whole camp was dark. To bed we went then thinking that one night is okay without a duvet or blankie, it’s very warm anyway. So we thought! Around 4am then we started to feel REALLY cold and had to put on whatever random clothes we could find in our luggage and wrapped ourselves into our towels. Even wrapped up like two homeless people we shivered like crazy, but tried to sleep. It was impossible though due to the noise. The stray dogs were barking, howling and fighting. Hundreds of roosters scream simultaneously. Coconuts, palm leaves and other random stuff were falling on the tin roof of our hut. Animals were rustling in the undergrowth, rats or mice came in the room to sniff around. Then when you would just fall asleep, the hosts wake up and start to rattle with the dishes and shout. So all in all we did not sleep much in the first week. One gets used to all this in time, but it takes a while. Also, we got our blankies the next day. That first night really taught us to appreciate our nice quiet bedroom and bed back in Germany. The matrass in our hut by the way was quite good, later I had nice sleeps on it

The next day in the daylight we discovered that our accommodation was very basic. We didn’t expect the Hilton of course, but our room was visibly not even cleaned, so I spent our day before the course start with some cleaning. Also, the huts and the camp have slightly different look and feel from what the photos and the description on the website suggest. There was only cold running water. We got used to the simple accommodation very quickly and didn’t mind it after a couple of days. We had other things to focus on: the beautiful beaches, the kindness of people, the training itself, the whole experience. One quickly realizes what are the true necessities in life and it doesn’t take much to be happy and just enjoy existence.

The food was very basic. I did not eat the breakfast as normally it was something with milk and sugar and I do not consume these things. My man was more than happy with the sweet milky stuff. Then at 11am we had brunch which consisted of a soup (was very similar every day, if not the same), poppadums, some fresh veg, plain parathas and a veg curry or dahl. In general the food was very nice but some days it was unbearably hot, which left me quite hungry, especially that with all that exercise we only got our next meal at 7pm. Also, on several days we had processed soy which was just something that I would not eat. Not healthy, doesn’t taste nice and has a super weird consistency. Also, there were way too many days when they gave us cabbage. By the end of the 3 weeks I had to sneak out more and more often to get my meals from somewhere else.

I came to SSY Agonda with my partner who accompanied me doing a retreat while I’m doing the teacher training. He was in the end convinced to do the course with us, otherwise he would have been the only one being only on a retreat. He didn’t regret his decision and absolutely loved the course, but I sometimes wonder if there was really an option to do only a retreat.

The course itself was very intense. In the evenings we had about an hour to do our chores or sit on the beach before the sun went down, then we had dinner and went straight to bed, as we had to be up very early in the mornings.

Overall we had a magical time in SSY Agonda, we met great people, our hosts and teachers were really supportive, friendly and we have really fond lifetime memories.

Thank you to all the lovely people we could share this inspiring experience and who took care of us!

Liz & Christian

Your age range 25-34
5 Jun 2017
Thank You Liz & Christian, pleasure meeting you guys
Steffi H
“profund knowledge in short time”
Reviewed 15 May 2017 for a stay in March 2017

As a yoga student with 6 years experience, am very happy to have completed my 200 hrs YTT with Shiva Shakti Yoga. The traineeship integrates profund basic knowledge of the science of Yoga. Even in a short length of time the student experiences inspiration for life.

However, since this course also addresses beginners, you should be aware that It takes a lot of work and learning afterwards to be able to teach responsibly.

Also, you should be aware of, that there are major differences between the "western" style to teach yoga and the "indian" style. However, in my opinion the yoga you will learn at shiva shakti is how it was originally meant. What you will learn there is A GREAT BASE for what ever you make out of it.

Very recommendable place, great communication and open ears.

Thank you!

5 Jun 2017
Thank You Steffi!
Alana K
“Traditional yoga taught with love and care”
Reviewed 24 April 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

If you choose to receive your teacher training with ShivaShakti you not only gain the skills you need to start your journey as a yoga teacher (they get you up and teaching by day 2) but you will grow spiritually and emotionally through the love and support of your peers, teachers and organisers. There are plenty of reviews on here about the superb quality of teaching, the tasty food, the intense schedule and the, lets say, basic accommodation, but my message to any potential student is that Shiva Shakti creates the perfect environment for personal transformation.

And if I could give any potential yoga teacher trainee any advise it would be... don't over think, listen to your gut, there are no mistakes on your journey of self-discovery

28 Apr 2017
Thanks Alana to be a part of Shiva Shakti Yoga Family. Hope to see you again.

Love & Peace
Mayur
francine...
London, United Kingdom
“Great course, great teachers, great location”
Reviewed 14 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

I did my Yoga teacher training last month and it was a wonderful experience. Yes, do not expect hot water, fluffy beds and 5 star meals, but if you are adventurous, keen to learn, and in the spirit of yoga this may very well be your place. Beach and town nearby, private rooms (no shared dorm, this was very important to me), inspirational teachers and lovely staff. I am truly happy I chose Shiva Shakti school. A lovely experience overall and the course cost was certainly well below standard European prices.
ENJOY☺

18 Apr 2017
"Namaste, Thank you for taking the time to review. I am very pleased to hear that Shiva Shakti Yoga team made your TTc pleasant. Do checkout our Facebook and Twitter pages you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon."
Yogirosi
“Eternal Bliss”
Reviewed 8 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

Shivashakti has everything you need in order to complete 200ttc with comfort, relaxation and time management.
The kitchen staffs are amazing. They are very friendly and caring and amazing cooks.
The hut may not meet western expectations but western people needs to meet the eastern way...there is gift in simplicity and its an honour to get back to basics and appreciate simplicity. I loved my hut eventhough I have no hot water, i had monkeys to entertain me every morning .
I love the work of the admin and our hosts Amit and Mayur. They are super friendly and accommodating and very much go out their way to make sure you are happy and relaxed.
Lasts but not the leasts. I fully connected with both my teachers.
JYOTI is amazing woman and knows her work inside and out. She's only new to teaching but I know give her another year, she will definitely captured many hearts of students. She has already captured mind.
Manish Goyal i cannot find words to speak highly enough of your gifts. You were not only yogi master to me...you were the light that lead me home to self realisation. I thank you so much for your authenticity, purity, and passion to the teaching of Lord Shiva. I know many more will be awakened through you and i am blessed to know that I had the privilege to be one of them.
Namaste
Rosanna

Jez89
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Wholly uplifting experience”
Reviewed 10 June 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

The 200hr yoga teacher training course in Agonda exceed expectations. We were all welcomed by the loving and caring family who live on site, and provided us with great food and many laughs each day. The management team were highly organised and efficient at making sure we were all able to arrive with out hassle and were catered for. They took time to open their hearts and to get to know people personally. The level of teaching was extremely high, delivered with passion and sense of personal experince. It was clear they have a deep love for their practices and through this it enables them to teach in a way which allows for you learn with a full understanding. Our group became family with each other and the teachers through out the course. We shared a lot of laughs, a few tears, some ecstatic moments and some exhausted. The love and caring shown by the teachers and the staff to our well being was second to none. The course was intense due to its limited number of days, so prep yourself for a time of focused learning instead of a relaxed holiday. Accommodation was a simple hut with plenty of room, en suite and the best matteress I had the pleasure of resting on during my time in India. With beautifull Agonda beach a short walk away it is the perfect place to rest and digest after all the intense productive leaning. If your looking to learn to teach or deepen your own yoga practice and understanding, I highly recommend Shia Shakti and their team! Much love and gratitude!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
7 Jul 2016
Namaste Jez,

Aap Kaise Ho?

Thank you for your review and for choosing Shiva Shakti Yoga School for 200 Hr. Yoga TTc in Goa. I'm happy that you enjoyed your time and we are able to fulfill your expectations. We are looking forward to having you again as a part of Shiva Shakti Yoga Family.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing