The Cross Swords Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Stoke Rochford Hall(Stoke Rochford)
  • Pool
Stapleford Park(Stapleford)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsthe pubstoke rochford hallhomemade soupevening meal was superbcrumble and custardrutland watersteak piewarm welcomehuge bedcomfortable nightcooked to perfectionducklovely villagebusiness tripblack puddingwell worth a visitovernight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband & I were staying at Stoke Rochford Hall for a cycling weekend, so decided to try this delightful country pub after reading reviews. We were looking for a good meal, as we had a strenuous day coming up! We booked a table as was previously recommended. We were made to feel very welcome from the minute we entered the pub. The food was delicious & cooked freshly to order. We had a good feed & my husband enjoyed some good ale! The atmosphere was welcoming. We would certainly call again, if we are in the area. We did recommend the pub to some other guests during our stay :)

1  Thank helendanny
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Four of us were staying at Stoke Rochford Hall and was recommended this pub for an evening meal. We did not book and that was a mistake as it gets very busy which is not surprising as it is very friendly and serves excellent food. They kindly accommodated us despite the fact we had not booked but we had to wait a good while for our food because of this. All food is cooked to order and by the daughter of the owner. We had sea bass which was cooked to perfection with appropriate flavouring. The puddings were also delicious. All in all a well run pub. The wife of the publican was away at the time of our visit and the publican was rushed off his feet but maintained a happy disposition.

Room Tip: You must book before you go or you may be disappointed.
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We were staying at Stoke Rochford Hall but wanted a meal out so went to the Cross Swords Inn. We had passed the Inn on a drive round the area and decided it looked inviting. We called in and asked if you had to book, the answer was yes but on the night we went they had just one table left. The menu was small but had excellent choice. My husband had the Garlic Mushrooms in a cream sauce, I had king prawns with a garlic sauce. The main course was rib-eye steak for my husband and I had fillet, both came with salad, onion rings and a large tureen of chips. Both just melted in the mouth (the chips were home made as well). I could not manage a sweet but my husband had Rhubarb and blue berry crumble and custard which was excellent. The atmosphere was very welcoming and the host especially saw to us having a great time. We will be definately be calling again when in the area.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

we were staying in the stoke rotchford hall about 10 mins away to drive, as my partner is a coeliac and vegetarian they could not accommodate our needs which was poor on there part. The cross swords inn was absolutely fantastic and catered for our every need, nothing was a problem for them and it was great to find a restaurant that understood the word coeliac. Alot of restaurants and hotels could learn alot from the cross swords in. very comfortable feel and very welcoming. We will without a doubt return and probably stay there in future. great place. please see the image of my fillet steak it was gorgeous.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Totally love this gem. First encounter for us was for my 60th birthday in November last year when staying at lovely Stoke Rochford Hall with my adult children and partners. My daughter had raved about the magnificent rack of lamb there ever since her visit, so we booked up. Harold who is a Grande Manger Chef personally took our orders and cooked the rack of lamb, rump of lamb and fillets steaks to perfection.A superb evening feast made all the better with the ambience of the inn and friendleness of all the staff. So naturally we had to bring our friends along too and were warmly welcomed. An aperitif and banter from Harold by the roaring fire was a treat as his daughter who is training to also be a chef cooked the 'out of this world' rack of lamb. Again a wonderful flavoursome meal with scrumptous ice cream to follow. On hearing that a roast beef carvery was on the next lunchtime we simply had to return. Amazingly good too. If we lived closer we'd be there so often. £6.25 for roast tuesday to friday cant be sniffed at. As it's just off the A1 we may call as we pass when whizzing off up north. So look no further for wonderful chef cooked fare. Ooooo the mushroom starter is wonderful and the king prawns in garlic too. Rave over, just try it out yourself. Cheers!

Room Tip: Dont book a taxi from Stoke Rochford!! Comes from Grantham. Cost us £19 each way for a 6 seater....ooooch. Were'nt warned.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends