“Shocked!!!”
An island to yourself -Privacy Redefined -Ideally for a couple or 2 known couples or a family
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Americani...
“Shocked!!! ”
Reviewed 24 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

When my husband suggested staying on an Island in Kerala , I have to say, I wasn't exactly thrilled. I mean I've lived in India for 14 years, and taking a boat to an Island to stay on was not my idea of a vacation. I had very little expectations of our visit.

Anyhow after reaching and finding our location , which I would like to add, was not easy as the map location kept taking us to the island but its not reachable by road. Only by boat. Once we found the pick-up area, we parked our car and got into the boat. Thank goodness the boat wasn't one of those tiny fishing boats! It was a proper boat. Lol

After reaching the Island, we got a quick tour of the property, still not convinced, I mean it was cute and well maintained, but when I saw the old buildings on the property I was getting a little annoyed that my husband wanted to stay on this Island. Anyhow, there's an old saying, " Don't Judge a Book by its Cover! "

When we reached our side of the island where we would be staying for 2 nights, I was wowed! Absolutely taken back by the way the owner designed the place. It was like our own little resort!
The rooms truly deserve a 5 star rating! Absolutely stunning views of the lake!

I was very impressed!

Not only were the rooms absolutely stunning, the food was awesome our first night there! A must try is anything with their home grown passion fruit! Yummy! However, I did feel there was a decline in the food preparations for lunch and dinner the next day, but it was still tasty. However I found it very odd to have Karimeen Molie and Lemon Rice- the two didn't go together, and I love fish Molie but not with Karimeen. Also there was nothing to go with he lemon rice.
Also, I feel there should be an instant coffee maker in the rooms as the coffee prepared from the kitchen was more like coffee flavoured milk! But those were my only complaints.

My son was super excited as he loves to fish, and brought all his gear to do so! The staff Raja, was always ready to go with my son to catch fish, prawns, and crabs- which we also had the staff cook!

After the first night, I was ready to sit under the rooms, on their loungers, and read my books, but I unfortunately never got a chance too, as I got caught up watching the water, birds and nature while enjoying to cool monsoon weather, I drifted off to sleep! The best morning nap ever! Did this for 3 days straight.

We enjoyed the Island so much we extended our stay for 1 more night! Would of stayed the rest of the week it wasn't booked!

If you are looking for a place to fish, unwind, read, relax, or just decompress from life, this is the place to stay! I highly recommend Vinis Farm.

I cant wait to go back! Next time we will stay for a week!

24 Jul 2017
Crystal,

pramodbha...
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Wonderful and relaxing stay”
Reviewed 16 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We spent 3 days at vinis farm. We got Whole Island What a wonderful place! The bedrooms are very well appointed, and comfortable. The Pillows and bed was so comfortable. The food was terrific, and spicy Kerala food and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this particular farm for a family or to a group wanting great accommodation, and wonderful cuisine
The view was gorgeous - uninterrupted, and local fisherman going about their daily catch.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
24 Jul 2017
Thanks you,hope to see you again
George C
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Awesome place and so private Near Kollam”
Reviewed 15 June 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Farm was a surprise element to us. We were a group OLD batchmates holed up on a get together after 20yrs. Place was awesome and more over the food was just lip smacking. Thanks to arrangements by Asokan & Babu and we really enjoyed. We had kayaks, fishing and night barbeque arranged by the resort. It was an out of world experience. More over we felt the we owned the Island for a day.

Nice place and I recommend.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
15 Jun 2017
Krishna K
Chennai (Madras), India
“A real Magic private island”
Reviewed 13 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Vini's Farm is a beautiful island located near Kollam at Munroe island. The moment we arrived till we left was full of wonderful surprises. The location is extremely beautiful surrounded with backwaters. Thanks to the great food offered by a great team. Amazing backwater cuisine, mouth watering taste. We stayed at the 02 bedroom luxury cottage facing the backwaters even though they have camping tent facilities. It's an ideal place for those who wants privacy at a exotic location with great food. We also loved all the activities offered by Vini's farm including kayaking, houseboat ride, fishing and the swimming lessons. We are coming back again for sure....highly recommended all age groups.

15 Jun 2017
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing