“WORST RESTAURANT I'VE EVER BEEN TO!!”

JRC Global Buffet Wood Green
Ranked #4 of 4 Quick Bites in Wood Green
Price range: £8 - £24
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Came here for the first time in July for my birthday and will be the last time to! From the moment I walked through the door the staff at reception were rude and unwelcoming! She was questioning why 2 of my friends would be turning up 10 minutes after us and insisted I rang them to hurry them up, this made me feel so uncomfortable!! They sat us at a table for 2 and said when my friends arrive they will push the tables together! (even though I had booked the table for FOUR!).

The staff were rude with a lot of attitude and were standing there basically over you with their arms crossed as if they were security guards! Very unnerving. Some of the staff were even playing on their phones! The thing that really topped this bad experience for me was that one of the chef's cooking the fresh food 'wolf whistled' at me as I passed and kept staring at me! VERY unprofessional and disgusting behaviour! DEFINITELY WILL NOT be returning here and would advise against it to anyone thinking of going!

Does not even deserve one star in my opinion!

3  Thank Suzy W
JRCGlobal, Manager at JRC Global Buffet Wood Green, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Dear Suzy W
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, your feedback is appreciated.

We are very sorry to hear that our staff's behaviour put you off visiting us again. This is something we take very seriously and this has been raised with management for further review.
If you would like to discuss your visit and the issues in more detail, please email us on customerservice@jrc-globalbuffet.com with the time, date and details of your visit.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Must say after reading some of the reviews , I was very sceptical about trying this buffet , & to put my honest opinion forward , I would have to say for £15 a head on a Thursday night , very good value, the positives are the Teppanyaki grill Scollops were extremely good , on the Chinese side salt & pepper prawns were very good along with lots of other dishes , a very decent buffet .....,1 negative the sushi , it's most likely the worst sushi I have every tasted ( tasteless ) & warm , but in the whole well worth the experience & yes I would go back 😀

1  Thank JayneG337
JRCGlobal, Public Relations Manager at JRC Global Buffet Wood Green, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

Dear Jayne G,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our food selection, especially the Teppanyaki section, we love it too!

We welcome your feedback on our sushi section. We will bring it to our meeting on next Monday.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

My family and I went here in celebration of my mothers birthday! Let's just say we ended up spending the majority of our night in A&E! They mopped the gents bathroom and it was wet with no wet floor signs causing one of us to have an accident (a split chin) .. The manager was SOOOO rude! I would never recommend anyone to go here. The food is not authentic either! If you want good chinese food and have a preference of a buffet style I'd say take the journey to China Town!

Date of visit: November 2015
2  Thank Sanny_Jackson

Dear Sannyxx,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are very sorry to hear of this experience. This is something we take very seriously and would like to investigate further.
If you could, please email us on customerservice@jrc-globalbuffet.com with the time, date and details of your visit, we will look int this matter immediately.

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

My wife convinced me to try this place. Honestly, I wish I had gone and spent my money at any other restaurant in the area. The food was mainly blunt and of poor quality. I asked the bartender if I could try the wine before buying it and was somehow 'mocked' as if what I asked were something offensive. The place has no atmosphere whatsoever. There was, however, a bunch of desperate hungry people rushing to get their plates filled. First and last time. Will not return.

2  Thank 58sjp

Dear SJ P,

We are sorry to hear that our customer service was not up to a high enough standard on the day of your visit. If you would like to discuss your experience and the issues in more detail, please email us on customerservice@jrc-globalbuffet.com with the time, date and details of your visit.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

I booked this buffet for my daughters birthday last week after having visited several times previous. The food was delicious as always and there was lots to chose from. I have been to a few buffets over the years and none of them give the choice or quality that this branch here delivers. You are given a 2 hour time slot to eat in but there were roughly 30 of us and they allowed us to stay nearly an hour over our time with no fuss or rudeness which made us feel valued as customers. I would definitely recommend this buffet.

Date of visit: June 2016