“So much better than a hotel!”

Review of Sandown

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 5
Bruern, Oxfordshire, England

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Any
manieril
Sydney, Australia
“So much better than a hotel!”
Reviewed 13 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We first came to. Bruern in 2002 and now are addicted! Wonderful location with access to so many attractions. Cottages are superb with everything you could possibly need for a five star holiday. Friendly staff, luxury accommodation at a very reasonable tariff. Highly recommend. We stayed in Sandown cottage on this most recent visit and there was nothing more we could have asked for. Will be returning soon.

Value Service
Nancy D
“Lovely, just lovely!”
Reviewed 26 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

We stayed for a week at this lovely, out of the way, but easily accessible cottage accomodation in the Cotswolds. Located just outside of Burford and down a long, one lane road, the cottages are beautifully appointed and the staff are very accomodating. The welcome basket was just fabulous and a very nice touch. The grounds are equally entrancing. We stayed at Sandown and a bit of warning (they do also cite this on the website), there is another unit above Sandown where you can easily hear the pounding of little feet from families on the run. If that bothers you, do not rent this particular unit as this is the only one with this placement. Also, if you are booking from outside of the UK, be sure and watch the payment schedule. There is a nice discount for booking in advance, but no notice in advance of the second and last payment. I was a bit embarrassed to receive a "tardy" reminder, but all was good...the people here are just fabulous. I highly recommend Bruern Cottages for your stay in the Cotswolds...a car is a necessity. Would definitely return.

wgillis
Columbus, Mississippi
“Long awaited return to Bruern”
Reviewed 4 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We recently returned to Bruern for our 10th visit after an absence of 9 years staying in Sandown for the first time. Bruern is very special to us as it was to my friend and law partner who took us there for our first visit in 1999. Our stay was as memorable as all of the others, and we found the cottage totally delightful. The attention to detail is amazing, and everything is done to make you feel totally welcome. The setting is absolutely gorgeous. The only downside is having to leave at the end of a wonderful stay.

Cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Couples
Happyinro...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“An amazing place”
Reviewed 11 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

This is a truly amazing place. From the moment I contacted the cottages to arrange a booking, I've experienced top class customer service. My booking was handled promptly and with much professionalism.

We arrived to find Sandown centrally located with a lovely commanding view of the front lawn area and excellent patio area, leading to gardens to the rear.

It is close to the swimming pool, gym and spa plus the Wendy house and kids room.

The front room area is spacious and the kitchen is well equipped. The welcome pack really hit the spot.

The cottage was decorated to a high standard and it all felt cosy. We loved the place.

It's a great place for families but I could also see it working for couples too. We had a boisterous toddler with us and they loved every minute of our stay.

The area is beautiful and tranquil. We love the Cotswolds and Bruern is located in the heart of this delightful area, although we didn't venture far as the purpose of our trip was to spent time with our daughter and catch up with family.

The swimming pool is again well equipped. It is well looked after and very clean. We used the Spa and my treatment was superb.

We can honestly say that it has been one of our best trips for a while and we will be returning.

Well recommended. Enjoy.

Gail O
South Australia
“Sandown surprise”
Reviewed 8 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Sandown is a very charming cottage in an amazing setting. We enjoyed the swimming pool, the garden and being able to bbq with our travelling companions. The kitchen has all the amenities you need and the dining/lounge complete with open fire is simply wonderful and very relaxing. A lovely welcome hamper awaited and that helped out with breakfast, afternoon tea etc. However I have to be honest and say our stay was not perfect because of the noise flooding down from the upstairs bedroom into our bedroom downstairs. Our friends could not help this at all, the floorboards are extremely creaky, and we could not get to sleep until they settled, we were woken during the night each time they went to the bathroom, and woken early when they arose before us. Consequently we had very disturbed nights which is not good when it affects the driver. Other than that it was a wonderful stay.

Rooms Service
Travelling group: Friends
sfineston...
Atlanta, Georgia
“Idea Base to Visit The Cotswolds”
Reviewed 15 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I have stayed at Bruern on five occasions over the past 10 years, but this is my first review. It is perfect for a couple, families or two couples traveling together. Our most recent stay was Sandown which is ideal for two couples, each having a bedroom and ensuite bath, with wonderful common areas. My first visit was at Bookers with my wife and children. As we entered, my wife said: "I could live here". The units are very clean, beautifully furnished and perfect for feeling like you live in the Cotswolds. The location is perfect for touring the Cotswolds,

Rooms Service
Travelling group: Couples
Mary C
London, United Kingdom
“First visit and hopefully we will return!”
Reviewed 18 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We stayed at the Sandown Cottage (2 bedrooms) during the first week of August and were very happy. My little ladies were impressed with their poster beds and all the facilities. The indoor swimming pool was a winner as well as the bikes available free of charge. Their games room has got a good working piano (shame I didn't know about this as my girls could have done some practicing but in the absence of their piano books, the swimming pool did just fine!). We had a quick look at the Weir cottage (capacity for 10 people) when checking out - gorgeous cottage which could do the setting for a wonderful gathering during Christmas (I believe they can provide a Christmas tree). Lovely experience at Bruern Cottages!

Value Location
Travelling group: Family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing