Heversham Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Heversham
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Excellent 5/5
Cumbria Grand Hotel(Grange-over-Sands)
  • Breakfast included
Netherwood(Grange-over-Sands)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewssam smithsthe pubpacket of crispsliver and onionsfantastic countrysunday menupiefantastic publovely open firehistorical photosmanagement teamthe portion sizeoriginal featureswaiting on stafffish and chipspiping hotdining rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2008

As no-one has reviewed this hotel for a year I though my comments would be of benefit to prospective tourists.

A group of 8 of us booked for a long week end. We had been told that there were no TV's in the rooms but this didn't bother us. The accommodation was basic but adequate and all areas were in need of redecoration. The rooms and linen were clean and comfortable, the staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast was simple and consisted of cereals, full english, toast however there was no fruit. Lunch and dinner was basic pub grub so we didn't eat there, however the beer and lager was of a very high standard - good for real ale drinkers.

Overall we enjoyed our stay but wouldn't book again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank RamsfanDerby
Reviewed 5 October 2007

My hubby and I had booked a night at the luxurious Hipping Hall near Newby Bridge for our wedding anniversary so were looking for something less expensive for the two previous nights to make it a longer break.

We came across The Blue Bell Hotel by chance when we needed lunch. If we’d read the above review first we wouldn't have stopped but we're so glad we did! We can't understand what he is talking about, perhaps he was having a ‘bad hair day’.

The pub area is really lovely with lots of warm wood an open fire, and fresh flowers on the bar. There were already a number of people eating there, which we felt was a good sign. Both my husband and I chose the smoked fish platter and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was a good choice of food on the menu and we felt tempted to stay.

Fred, the manager was very friendly and we got chatting about the rooms and when he quoted us £60 per night including a full English breakfast we were very interested.

He called his lovely wife Cilla who took us to look at some of the rooms, which we were impressed with, being very clean and spacious and although not fitted with the newest bathrooms are absolutely fine. There was also a tea and coffee making tray. We decided to book for two nights into a room with lovely country views. The bed was comfortable and we had no trouble getting a good night’s sleep.

The residents' lounge has William Morris wallpaper and comfy sofas and chairs and a large fireplace but we stuck with the pub, as it was so friendly and cosy.

All our meals were very good, as I have said, there was a good choice and breakfast was excellent , taken in the dining room, with choices including full English, kippers and smoked haddock.

I would recommend The Blue Bell Hotel for a good value no frills break in a very friendly environment. The drinks are incredibly cheap too, according to Fred, Samuel Smith, the brewery haven't raised their prices for many years!

There are no TVs anywhere and no music , we were told it's brewery policy but we didn’t miss either, in fact it made a refreshing change to chat and be able to hear each other.

We intend to return soon with a group of friends and were told that we can have a private dining room at our disposal which will be great as we're a noisy lot!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Magsfury
Reviewed 23 August 2007

I was working in the area the other week and the usual place where I stay (The Cross Keys in Milnthorpe) was fully booked so I had to find alternative accommodation,
When I rang to book a room I was told straight away there was no Television in the room which was not a problem.
On arrival to the Hotel I checked in and was shown how to get to the room......up the stairs along a corridor it was like going back in time !!
The room was very basic, you could see on the wall where the TV used to be, the window which was rotten was looking over the deserted car park.
Quck shower and change down to the bar for something to eat...well I have a dog and to be honest I would not of fed my dog what I was served, The duty manager asked if every thing was allright so I voiced my opinion, he was not to happy to say the least but whats right is right and that meal wasn`t.
If I have to stay in the area agian when the Cross Keys are full I will sleep in my car !!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank sparky239