Tree House River Lodge
Agoda.com
US$229
US$126
US$53
All reviewstree houseriver lodgeget awaythe ownerat homefarmers marketpeace and tranquilitysee you soonlast minutemassage therapybraai areabird lifenatureweekenddogsbreakmom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were definitely deceived by the reviews, photos and price of this accommodation. The chalets were equivalent to backpackers except 5 time the price. The carpets in the chalet were dirty, the duvets had stains, the pillows had hair on them,there were dead ants all over the bed and the shower was covered in mold. There are no facilities on site other than their massages which I didn't opt for. The DSTV is also the budget package so nothing to even watch on the TV. All cushions in the outside sitting area (where breakfast is served) were covered in dog hair and smelt terrible. Definitely one of the most overpriced, dirty and disappointing places I have stayed at.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AirTraveler2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

What a great relaxing and awesome weekend away, just what we needed. Sue and her mom were great hosts. Breakfast was perfect. The setting was good. We will be going there again. The best is that it was so close to home.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pammills9
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Thanks for a wonderful weekend away.enjoyed it.rooms,food,place was awesome.nice to be away from the city. The friendly people an staff made it worth while.the area is beautiful,feels like we really in the bush. charles and nicolene

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the tree house river lodge in may of this year in chalet 3. None of what was mentioned from blacksheep's review was true during our stay there. We found the chalets immaculately clean and the bed extremely comfortable and the linen top notch! Sue and her staff were simply wonderful from the first phonecall I made to book our reservation to the time we left. The kitchen in chalet 3 is very well equipped and spotlessly clean! If I was to find fault with the lodge I would have to think very hard and perhaps blame it on the weather in that it was very windy wich would hardly be the lodges fault. This is a nature orientated lodge and one can regroup with nature at the lodge. If you want brick and paint and bright lights then stay in the city !!! I would highly recommend a visit to this lodge ! The dogs were the cutest little things who can definitely give the monkeys a run for their money ! One can see the hard work that goes into the maintaining of this lodge. Take heart dear sue and keep doing what you doing!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chelwithac
Reviewed 21 May 2014

After booking my accommodation in December last year, I was really excited about getting away to the "tranquil" Treehouse River Lodge.
Upon arrival, my boyfriend and I were shown to Chalet 3 and allowed some time to settle in. Whilst unpacking, I noticed a distinct smell of cat urine along one side of the bed and in the bathroom - highly unpleasant. We also noticed that the kitchen and the general state of the room was not clean and lizard droppings and spider webs were evident throughout.
None of the doors within our chalet were in working order. We had to wrestle with the sliding front door every time we wanted to leave or enter our room and the sliding bathroom door was no better. It was completely off it's rails so that every time one of us used the loo, we had to call the other person to help let us out.
Whilst the shower was lovely (great shower head and lots of steaming hot water), the shower door was also falling apart and didn't close properly, meaning lots of water on the bathroom floor after a shower.
The mini oven/stove in the kitchen also had a malfunctioning door handle with the handle falling off every time the oven door was opened - not great when it's piping hot.
The actual bed was extremely comfortable but the linen didn't fit. As soon as we got into bed, the fitted sheet and mattress protector would slip off the corners and we'd end up waking up on a very disheveled pile of sheets in the morning. The duvet also seemed too small for the size of the bed and it was very lumpy.
The "welcome letter" placed in our room the morning after our arrival was anything but welcoming - it seems like Treehouse River Lodge has seen its fair share of rowdy guests and this certainly comes through in this letter, which seems to serve more as a warning, rather than making you feel comfortable and welcomed.
The amenities provided within the kitchen (cutlery, crockery etc.) are all sub-standard - mismatched and extremely tired looking.
I am extremely confused by all the comments about Treehouse River Lodge being tranquil. Across the way from the chalets is a road and this road is quite busy. The view and the silence is wonderful when cars aren't zooming up and down, but during the mornings and evenings, the lodge is far from tranquil. I also found that the resident dogs tended to go on a barking spree in the mornings.
Coming from the hospitality industry, I know what goes into making guests feel welcomed and comfortable and I unfortunately felt neither of these things staying at the Treehouse River Lodge. I have absolutely no issue with foregoing the regular luxuries and "roughing it" a little in a rustic location, but neglect, lack of maintenance and uncleanliness cannot be excused.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple