Bluebell House
Royal Berkshire Hotel(Sunninghill)(Great Value!)
US$125
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Wheatsheaf Hotel(Virginia Water)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsloch fynecontinental breakfastloved our stay herequiet locationbay windowascot racesa lovely place to staywithin walking distanceroom was spotlessroyal ascotstayed for one nightwindsor great parkon arrivalcoaching inntea and coffeecar parkown private patio
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Myself and two brothers and our partners plus 2 others booked all four rooms for a Saturday night stay to celebrate my brothers birthday. This is a great property with easy access to Windsor and Ascot. All the rooms are a good size with a table in each room to allow you to sit and have breakfast. There is no cooked option here but for £5 the continental breakfast was ample with generous portions in each room. The rooms are clean with ensuite bathrooms and they all have their own entrance, so once we had checked in we didn't see the owner again. If this is not a problem for you then this B & B is a great find.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Barbara M, Owner at Bluebell House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so sorry your found the bed uncomfortable, it is quite new with a pocket sprung mattress. All the beds are different in each of the rooms so please let me know if you are ever visiting again and we can discuss the different bed options.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Booked this for a wedding in Windsor - didnt fancy staying in a hotel, liked the idea of coming and going, blending in and being a bit annoymous for 2 days!

I booked Bluebell House after spending time on TA weighing up my options - so thanks to all my fellow reviewers for spotting another gem.

The property has a unique position - pretty close to Ascot Town Centre, Lego Land, chinese take-aways and supermarkets but is also in a fairly private semi rural road. Beautifully quiet at night but really close to major trunk roads.

The booking process was easy and the communication from the owner was top notch - warned us about the re-modeling of the pool, gave us pin numbers for key boxes etc.. as we arrived their Housekeeper greeted us and away we went.

We had the Woodside road which is down a flight of stairs - so if you are unsteady on your feet or cant carry luggae down steps, you might want to pick another room. There was a spacious bedroom with built in wardrobes, dressing table, modern bathroom with shower, Tea & Coffee making facilities with a fridge and a table and chairs inside and out on the patio.

The place was spotless - the housekeeping staff really are a credit to the place.

I wanted to award 5* stars - but Im sorry, the bed was one of the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on. My Mum and I woke up both nights with back pain after about 4-5hours unable to get comfortable again.

Other than this - was terrific, highly recommended

p.s

Had dinner on the Friday night in Loch Fyne (Fish/seafood restaurant) which is litterally 5 steps outside of the front door. I'd recommend booking if you know you want to eat there as it gets busy with locals

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Chippyqueen
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Mr fiance and I chose to stay at The Bluebell as it is close to Ascot Races. The owners are friendly, the room was lovely and clean, spacious and well equiped with everthing needed for a nice stay. We payed extra for the breakfast which consisted of bread, cheese, spreads, cereal, tea, coffee and juices. The cakes and biscuits were a nice touch. Bluebell House is in a lovely and quite location, just a few minutes ride from Windsor and Ascot races. We used Windsor 5 star taxis who were very efficient and reasonable, at £10 to to to windsor and £12 for Ascot. The bed was confortable and room freshened up and restocked of tea/coffee etc daily. We made use of the private terrace and the chairs and table provided and enjoyed the sun. There is also a nice garden to enjoy. Overall we could not fault this B and B and both myself and my fiance have High standards. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Bluebell to anyone who is looking for somewhere lovely to stay in the Windsor area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We found this quite by accident on the internet looking for a last minute overnight stay for a trip to LEGOLAND. We stayed for one night and the accommodation was ideal for us. Exceptionally clean, comfortable and perfect for our needs. We stayed in the Woodside Room, which had a king size bed and a fold down bed for our daughter. The room had a fridge and came with a full choice of options for breakfast. It was about 5 minutes away from Windsor and 5 minutes from LEGOLAND so an idea base. The only thing I would say is it was a little difficult to find without the satnav, but that may have been us! I would definitely recommend and stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rosie767676
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Friendly and flexible arrival & departure. Comfortable room, quiet and clean. Great location near Windsor & next to Lochfine seafood restaurant. Pubs nearby. Good facilities - selection of teas & coffee, fridge for self catering and dining table.
Thoroughly recommended and excellent value.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business