Bluebell House
Royal Berkshire Hotel(Sunninghill)(Great Value!)
US$146
  • Restaurant
US$113
US$95
Agoda.com
All reviewsloch fynecontinental breakfastloved our stay herequiet locationbay windowascot racesa lovely place to staywithin walking distanceroom was spotlessroyal ascotstayed for one nightwindsor great parkon arrivalcoaching inntea and coffeecar parkown private patio
Reviewed 27 April 2014

stayed here in the garden view room with my husband. what a lovely place. so nice to be woken up by birds sining rather than the sound of traffic that you get staying in a busy hotel. its tucked away in a lovely village, room was nice and big, coffee tea etc all provided. didnt get to meet Barbara the owner but she kept in touch via email and text which was a nice. went to a lovely Thai resturant 5 minutes down the road called the Kees.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mumphy9
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Beautiful setting, lovely room. BUT DON'T PAY FOR BREAKFAST! Paid for breakfast for two nights online, taking my 4 yr old son on a trip of a lifetime to Legoland. Bizarrely refused breakfast for the first night.

The large lady with a false smile didn't even apologize after my wife sent an email to her from home, confirming my booking. Wouldn't let it spoil our trip tho. We had cooked breakfast at Legoland, which much like the large lady's attitude, was awful!

Simple. Won't stay again, and will encourage others not to.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank garnerfiles
Barbara M, Owner at Bluebell House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Bluebell House. Breakfast needs to be ordered in advance which is done by ticking the box, there is an additional charge of £5.00 per head for the continental breakfast which is put into your room before arrival.

All my guests are greeted with a 'friendly smile' and I am always interested in why they are visiting whether it be for business or pleasure. I love chatting with guests about eating places, Windsor and surrounding areas, or indeed if they are visiting Legoland, I know I gave you advice on arrival times and parking etc.

With regards to the rather personal remarks about being 'large', I am a size 14 UK dress size (average in the UK is now size 16), so although I would like to lose a few pounds I think these remarks are quite unnecessary and has nothing to do with your experience at Bluebell House.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed here whilst visiting Windsor castle. Easy to find, Hugh room with lovely views, quiet and restaurants near by. Room was clean, well equipped, breakfast provided which was unexpected, and excellent selection, which you can prepare yourself in your room. Owner very helpful and welcoming. Excellent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
bluebellhouse, Owner at Bluebell House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Bluebell House and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

My Mum and I stayed here with my 2 children, we were very impressed by the size of our room, and the very generous breakfast and was left in our room. The location was ideal for our visit to Legoland and the 2 local pubs both served very good food.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Myself and two brothers and our partners plus 2 others booked all four rooms for a Saturday night stay to celebrate my brothers birthday. This is a great property with easy access to Windsor and Ascot. All the rooms are a good size with a table in each room to allow you to sit and have breakfast. There is no cooked option here but for £5 the continental breakfast was ample with generous portions in each room. The rooms are clean with ensuite bathrooms and they all have their own entrance, so once we had checked in we didn't see the owner again. If this is not a problem for you then this B & B is a great find.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so sorry your found the bed uncomfortable, it is quite new with a pocket sprung mattress. All the beds are different in each of the rooms so please let me know if you are ever visiting again and we can discuss the different bed options.