Antrim Villa
Dysart Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$135
La Splendida(Cape Town Central)
US$158
US$81
  • Restaurant
The Cape Royale(Cape Town Central)
US$247
US$199
  • Pool
The One 8 Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$86
US$463
US$408
  • Pool
US$236
US$228
Agoda.com
Protea Hotel Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$127
  • Restaurant
Villa Zest Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$142
Travelocity
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
US$301
US$241
Agoda.com
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$787
US$701
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bfair tradecape townnight guardfresh breakfastguest houselike coming homesingle roomhonesty barenjoyed our stayclean roomshome away from homewalking distancethe location is perfectlong flighta lovely stayevery morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed for several days in May and had the house to ourselves. It is beautifully decorated in an African-Scandinavian style. There is a lovely common area with drinks and snacks. Our room was small but comfortable. The best part about our stay, though, was the fabulous breakfast spread prepared by Maureen.

Unfortunately, we did have a few complaints. One of the night guards would stay up all night on the shared computer, which felt awkward because it was just two feet outside our bedroom door. Management was only available in the mornings from 8:00 to 10:00. It would have been nice to be able to ask for recommendations later in the day. And finally, there were several very small issues with the room -- the mirrors were all placed too high for short people to use, and the hair dryer was so loose in the outlet that it wasn't usable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AntrimVillaOffice, General Manager at Antrim Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks very much your review explaining about your stay with us. Thanks very much for the compliments and I have mentioned to Maureen about her breakfast, made her very happy and smiling.

I did address the nightguard on duty that evening regarding the use of that computer,
we definetly do not want to put our guests in an akward position.
Management is available from 08h00-18h00 everyday, you were welcome to come to the office in the afternoon if you needed any help. We only stipulate Guest relations time from 08h00-10h00, as after that I also deal with the other aspects of the business, not that I am unavailable.
We take pride in ensuring that our guests are comfortable and if we are approached with requests we do our best to accommodate our guests.

We would like to offer you a free complimentary evening with us here at Antrim Villa to try and remedy this unpleasant situation.

Looking forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Travelling solo to Cape town was a bit daunting, but the staff and the welcoming that I received from the Antrim Villa team made it an absolute pleasure. The staff was friendly and helpful and I felt very much at home. I would definitely go back and next time I will take my family as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

We are so delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. We take pride in ensuring that our guests are happy and well looked after and it means so much to get this wonderful review.

Hope to welcome you and your family on your next visit.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I went to Antrim Villa a couple of years ago and that was great but when I visited it in April it was not as good. The service was not as good and the lady who runs it now is rude and not very helpful. There are other guest houses in Cape Town that are better, such as Cheviot Place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank loso_87
AntrimVillaOffice, General Manager at Antrim Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly, I am very concerned to hear about your experience and would like to take the opportunity to respond to your complaint.

I have checked our reservation files and am unable to find your booking. If you could please let us have some more details of when you were here, it would help so that we can properly address your comments about your stay.

We, the staff of Antrim Villa, take pride in ensuring that our guests are happy and comfortable at all times. Our staff has been with us for many years and we have set very high service standards for our guesthouse.

Although we still would need to know more about your experience, we would like to offer you a compensation of a 1-night complimentary stay on your next visit to Cape Town and we look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Yes it's true, I've been to Antrim Villa again and I loved it. It's like coming home. The staff even remembered my name and little things like that makes a huge difference. Maureen even said she missed me and that made me realize I missed her, the rest of the staff and the tranquillity of this very beautiful and relaxed guest house in the middle of Green Point. Around the corner is everything I love about Cape Town and yet it feels like being away from the city once I'm inside the gate. It's close to the V&A Waterfront, the bustling Sea Point with the marvellous restaurant La Boheme, the promenade along the Atlantic, the Stadium, the gym etc etc. I've been to a lot of places in South Africa but when I travel I always look for new places to stay. Except for when I'm coming back to Cape Town, then I just have to go back to Antrim. That's how great it is :-) If you haven't been there, try it.

Room Tip: I love the ones by the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rogbus

Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for the wonderful review. That is exactly the experience the owner wanted to create at Antrim Villa, that homely feeling. We are delighted that we could make you feel that way and looking forward to having you back again very soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Antrim Villa is a lovely base in Capetown. Beautifully decorated, warm and helpful staff, comfortable beds and a very relaxing little garden. I especially appriciated the closeness to the sea, taking morning walks before breakfast, what a treat! And then after, a coffee and a chat with locals at Giovanni´s...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind words. We take pride in making sure that our guests are happy and well looked after. Looking forward to having you with us again very soon.