“Wadi Rum - one word - awesome”
other travellers have booked this property
Saleh's Safari Camp, in the heart of Wadi Rum, at the foot of Jebel Khazali, wadirumtous start here!
in the heart of the Wadi Rum protected area family meals, outdoors, round the camp-fire
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
in the heart of the Wadi Rum protected area
family meals, outdoors, round the camp-fire
trekking and camel-riding are easy options from the camp
the setting is as natural and tranquil and protected as you can imagine
the bedouin symbol of hospitality is the coffee pot
We have just (late 2013) installed new showers and wash basins, at the desert camp
Wadi Rum is famous for its spectacular rock bridges
there's 4x4 transport from the camp in Rum village to the camp in the heart of the desert
Lawrence's spring where he washed and rested after the capture of Aqaba
And we're keen to introduce new ideas, when they can blend in without doing damage!!
Saleh Musa, his wife and family run the bedouin tent like a special guest house, plus they run tours
to the south of Rum, on the Saudi border is Jordan's highest mountain
preparing for a day's safari -- safe adventure for all ages
we have developed a unique 'behind the veil' tour for women only, to learn bedouin skills
a branch of the Hijaz railway runs close to Wadi Rum, cutting through virgin desert
climb up then roll down the blood orange sand-dunes of Rum
ancient inscriptions in many caves and canyons, believed to date from the Nabateans who build Petra
imagine waking up to this view
or settling down to sleep after the perfect, peaceful sunset
and, most important!!, two new, European-style loo/WC/toilet/lavatory, in a nearby stone building
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Any
waynedsmi...
Xi'an, China
“Wadi Rum - one word - awesome”
Reviewed 8 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

This was my first trip to Jordan, two Jordanians in my office recommended Wadi Rum as a must see, after some searching around on the internet I came to Saleh's website for tours in Wadi Rum.

If anyone is planning on visiting Wadi Rum during their trip to Jordan then I cannot recommend booking with Saleh enough, being a local who lives in Wadi Rum, he knows the area, picking all the spots where most of the generic tourist companies fail to take their groups. The trip lasted around 7+ hours, for the vast majority of the day we only saw 2 other cars, the only time we saw large groups of tourists were towards the entrance which is where all the tourist companies seemed to take all their groups.

Sites, these will vary depending on your wants and desires, just let Saleh know and he will arrange sites based on your preferences. In my trip, the group included Saleh, two others and myself, we had a mix of places to climb, hike and just admire the views. Lunch was served in the middle of Wadi Rum with no one else around, it was utter bliss, you won't find another experience quite like this.

In the evening back at Saleh's camp, his wife cooks a traditional meal which is delicious, we also got to meet some of Saleh's family, after the evening meal Saleh takes his family back to Rum village and lets you enjoy the tranquility of his camp with the other guests, the sky is clear and you get to see plenty of stars, its such a peaceful place you won't want the night to end, you can even hear the camels treading the sand as they walk past.

The accommodation, you do have to give up a few luxuries however this is a small price to pay for the experience, I found the sleeping facilities sufficient and had a decent nights sleep. The campy includes western style toilets and showers, there are several tents which contain 2 beds in each for guests to sleep in. In the morning Saleh cooks a wonderful breakfast, a great start to the day along with watching the sun rise over the mountain next to his camp.

All in all, the experience surpassed my expectations, the cost of my trip was JOD 135, I ended up paying JOD 200 as I believed that the experience was worth a lot more than the price being asked.

This type of trip is well suited for all groups, families, couples, singles, there is plenty to see during the day and you will get to meet a couple of people who has made the same great decision to choose Saleh as their guide.

I opted for the day trip followed by sleeping at Saleh's camp for the night, now knowing the experience, I would suggest staying for 2 days / 2 nights and plan on doing so the next time I am back in Jordan.

victorala...
Brasilia, DF
“Awesome, family-friendly experience with the perfect host”
Reviewed 2 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Saleh, Alia and their family became our true friends in a very short time and that sums up our experience. The support and accommodations were great, the food was excellent, the location is gorgeous. Our children and Saleh's are now best friends. We are a large family (we have nine kids from 2-16 in age) and Saleh provided a safe, enjoyable, memorable experience for our family. He went beyond our expectations in helping us arrange other travel details so that we could arrive and depart safely and according to our schedule. We look forward to our next visit!

grosserei...
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Very nice Jeep tour and stay at Saleh's camp”
Reviewed 14 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I'Ve booked a jeep tour through Wadi Rum and a night in Saleh's camp. It was really great. Saleh is very friendly and warmhearted. We spent an amazing day visiting the sites of Wadi Rum and having lunch. in the evening we went to Saleh's camp, had dinner and slept there. Saleh also oragnized a taxi from Wadi Rum to the border. I could definitively recommend this tour.

ftmpc
“One of a kind experience ”
Reviewed 9 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Saleh is extremely friendly, honest and reliable. His nephew musa was our driver and was equally lovely. Saleh arranged transfer from Petra to wadi rum for 45JD and then took us to his house for tea and to meet his lovely wife. We did an hour tour round some of the local area before coming back for an interesting home made lunch....

We then did a hour camel ride for 55JD for 2 people which was great followed by about 4 hours visiting places in wadi rum which is as spectacular as they say.

Overnight stay in the camp, simple but adequate cabin/tent and much better food for dinner and breakfast!

The trip was easy, well organized and very good value for money.

Only improvements would be more info about the sights in wadi rum itself. Some reviewers said they felt saleh wasn't present enough- I think that's unfair as he is the manager and simply deploys his staff! I suspect the setup as it is may struggle to be as effective in busy season- we had the royal treatment as were the only ones there!

Xiao C
“Bedouin kindness and hospitality”
Reviewed 8 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Wadi Rum's beauty and vastness is a spectacle for the eyes, mind and soul. There are many tour and accomodation providers, and I highly recommend Saleh to explore Rum safely and memorably.

We spent the day on a 4x4 with Mosa (Saleh's nephew). I was with another adventurous couple and together we scaled boulders, hiked canyons and attempted to sandboard lol. Mosa is quiet but attentive.

At the end of the day, we returned to Saleh's camp to watch the sunset over Rum. The rooms/bathrooms are clean and comfortable. The food is delicious and plentiful, I don't think I ever went hungry lol.

My favorite moments were listening to broken music in the car with Mosa lol, and drinking minty tea while sitting in silence under the stars. Some great memories on my first trip to Jordan.

tomeknesk...
Warsaw, Poland
“The best way to discover real Wadi Rum”
Reviewed 28 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

The adventure with Saleh and his family was great. We met his wife, who cookes deliciously and rode on camels. Saleh's nephew, Musa, gave us a two day trip around Wadi Rum in pickup. The desert was spectacular. In Saleh's desert camp you can find everything you need for unforgettable and comfortable stay.

Heather C
Vancouver, Canada
“The only way to go is with Saleh and Wadi Rum Tours”
Reviewed 3 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We had the privilege to meet saleh and his family - he took us out to the wadi and showed us heaven - so much fun for our family then back to his cool house/majalis where we were comfortable relaxed and fed a delish home cooked Bedouin meal! Thank you for the brilliant time - you were the highlight for us and Jordan

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing