I brought a party of 11 rock climbers from the UK here for 11 nights. We had a fantastic trip made all the better by the super camp run by Saleh Mosa and his family. Location was quiet and secluded so the night stars were truly amazing. The food everyday was marvellous as was Saleh's hospitality and transport so we could all climb at different crags and Wadi's. Could not have been better
Saleh and his family were wonderful and welcoming and flexible. Wadi Rum is absolutely amazing and Saleh and Alia offer a wonderful, friendly and personalized service. We travelled with our two small children and they were flexible and responsive to our needs. Alia cooked us a lovely meal and looked after us really well.
We didn’t stay the night unfortunately but will definitely be back and hope to stay next time. Highly recommended!
Get ready to spend your entire day in Wadi Rum with Saleh and his family. They offer several packages for any traveler. My friend and I went on a full day tour with Mosa (nephew of Saleh) and had a great time! Visiting each site, you get a brief background story, then you get the time to explore by yourself. Take plenty of pictures as these memories will last you a life time. From hiking and climbing the mountains to sand boarding on the red dunes, you cover all the well known sites in Wadi Rum.
Saleh and his family are very welcoming, hence the entire experience felt very personalized. I would gladly recommend all travelers to visit and book your tours with them. They will take care of your from the beginning to the end and beyond!
Here are a few Travel Tips:
1. Things to Bring: comfortable shoes, water, hat, sun screen, jacket (the desert can get quite cold)
2. Getting there: Saleh will help you arrange transportation from where you are at a decent price
3. Staying at the camp: unfortunately we did not have the opportunity to spend the night in the camp, due to limited time in Jordan, however I would recommend staying with them as you will have a good time.
Our thanks to Saleh and his family for giving us an unforgettable experience that we will never forget, hope to see you all again one day!
Great experience with Saleh and his family!! Very individual and personal approach. If you want a personal and truly fantastic experience in Wadi Rum, I would recommend you to book with wadirumtours. If possible stay the night in the camp of Saleh with an awesome view of the desert. The camp is new and toilets and showers look great. Saleh is not part of a big touring company, it is a family business and that is what makes it truly unique!!!
We had a perfect day and night with Saleh and his family in the Wadi Rum! They offer great service! We visited them during a cruise stop in Aqaba and they organised everything perfectly. We had a really nice and individual tour which was also perfect for our 5 year old son.
Me and my travel buddy spent our first day in Jordan with Saleh and his family at Wadi Rum. We arrived in the evening before sunset and left the next morning. A few things to mention about my experience:
1. Saleh is a professional, always in touch, ready to help. He is quite well known among locals, you can say his name and annoying people try to find another victims for their tours when you enter wadi rum.
2. He anticipated all our needs we had throughout our short journey. As we didn’t have much time, Saleh did everything to show us as much as possible in wadi rum and catch a sunset on the way to his camp (for just 1,5h!)
3. He is the one who will provide you with the experience you expect from your trip. I like snowboarding so we even managed to board there on the sand
4. Sunset, millions of stars at night is a WOW! The camp is located at the base of a huge steep mountain standing there like a wall. You can feel it’s power, and the outline of it is very interesting at night. You look at the sky with lots and lots of stars and at a certain point there’s just darkness. That is a mountain hiding in the night)
5. Arabic coffee, really delicious tea and tasty food cooked by Alia, Saleh’s wife, lullabies you before going to bed.
6. But before going to bed we spend some time with Saleh and his friends at the campfire chatting and enjoying the night
7. In the morning his son drove us safely to our car which was parked at Saleh’s home in the village and we continued our journey)
That was a retreat I needed and wanted. It’s been only 3 weeks since then and I already want to come back!
Thank you, Saleh and your family!
P.S.-Hello from me to Taiseer, Hassan and others
Enjoyed our stay in the desert hosted by Saleh and his family. The excursions his brother took us on were wonderful. Especially enjoyed sand-dune surfing and rock climbing. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. Saleh's wife cooked some delicious food.