All reviews spent two nights san gregorio jacuzzi cabin city guatemala
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We spent two nights as a getaway from the city over the Easter break. The staff was all very friendly and helpful and the food at the restaurant was excellent. The room was acceptable but not spectacular. My biggest complaint would be about the shower in the room - very uncomfortable spray that couldn't be adjusted. Additionally there was a small coffee pot in the room with a nice bag of local coffee alongside it. Since the restaurant doesn't serve breakfast till 8 a.m. it was convenient to be able to have a good cup of coffee on awaking. Seemed like a reasonable amenity esp. given the cost for the room. Thus my uncomfortable surprise on checking out that we were charged an extra fee for having used the coffee although there was no notice about this charge in the room or on the coffee bag. This kind of unexpected charge on check out leaves the client with a bad last impression, unfortunately.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

My brother took me to start our day with a relaxing breakfast, I wasnt exited at the beginning but during the trip I started to like the idea, when we get there the personal attention was excelent, the food was good but the greatest thing was the natural view and the peace in the environment was unbelievable. It's a very comfortable and a excelent place relax and forget any worry even just for a moment.
I'am hopping to go back nearly, meantime I recomend this place to everyone.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Well attended. Good food. Clean. All the ammenities working.
I have a 3 pepper steak, very good. My wife had a fish with chipotle sauce.
We also have breakfast and a very good one.
Great view.
A beautiful deck to watch the vocanoes and the lake

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Please take a minute and review that the following services appear in asan Gregorio's sale promise but in real life are not included:

1) It should have fireplace chimney: it is not real, it is only an ornament and if you have the idea of ​​a romantic trip you should consider it.
2) Wi-Fi should work: in the days we stayed personal service has to fix it two or three times, if you want to communicate you have to climb the mountain.

Promise four stars:

3) The jacuzzi and pool should be relentless: smelly and dirty. Please see the pictures below since April they don't have a certificate signature of clhrorine cleaning places.
4) should be bigger rooms: rooms are small and all are the same, no options.
5) They should have a bigger TV: The TV is 14 inches rather small for what is expected of a four star hotel.
5) They should take better care of details: The bath robes for access to the sauna were stained, it was disgusting.
6) It should comply with being an environment of relaxation:
The promise of the place is an atmosphere of relaxation and disconnection of the city, but they had both days events with a musical orchestra in the night that left us asleep until midnight.

7) They should serve the customer better: the customer service is terrible, they do not answer the phone, the restaurant serves the dishes and then you do not know where the people are.

It lacks a lot to be four stars, if one day it was that already stayed in history. I would not even give a single star to this place though the view and food are the best they have.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fernanda D
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I called the hotel to complete my reservations but the hotel staff lady kept on wanting to ask for my credit card # but I had a few questions to ask before booking the room.
Then I gave her my email address but she did not repeat it to ensure she took it down correctly. Before I knew it she was asking for my credit # again. She was more concerned with getting my credit card # then with actually answering all my questions and repeating my email address. So guess what? I did NOT receive an email confirmation. I wonder why? You guessed it. She wrote it down wrong.
Anyhow I called back and I ensured the next person did repeat my email address to me and she did. Low and behold I received a confirmation email.
So my partner and I arrived and we were checked in quickly and showed to our cabin.
I highly recommend cabin #2 with the King size bed. Everything inside was beautiful and clean. So the minute you walk outside of the cabin you fall in love with the heavenly view as the evening approached. The view of Amititlan Lake was breath taking!
So we proceeded to the pool and the special Jacuzzi with the body massage jets.
We were provided excellent service by David. Ask for him as he gives 5 Star Service.
Another gentleman that I highly recommend is Axel from the restaurant. Now he really gives you the VIP treatment! He provides services with a smile! Ask for him at the restaurant. We ordered our dinner from him before we went to the Jacuzzi.
Dinner was taken to our cabin punctually at 8p.m.
So the only little down fall was that the internet in our room was not functioning.
The next day we woke up to the beautiful view again. So we were off to breakfast in the restaurant which by the way was included. It was delicious.
After breakfast and check out at 1p.m we were still able to use the facilities amenities.
Pool, Jacuzzi, and we even had lunch in our robes by the pool area.
What a relaxing and most enjoyable experience I had with my partner!

Thank you Everyone at San Gregorio for the wonderful relaxing time we had in your hotel and SPA.

Room Tip: request Cabin #2 with a King size bed
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
SangregorioSpa, General Manager at San Gregorio Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear visitor,
We apologize for the delayed response. We always strive to
give excellent service in all areas of our hotel, including the recepction.
We have addressed the issue to make sure these type of misunderstandings will be avoided in future.
We also appreciate your favorable comments concerning your stay, in spite of the initial mishap.