Landmark Motor Inn
Sara Glen Motel(Fort Edward)
US$76
US$112
Alpenhaus Motel(Queensbury)
US$77
US$129
All reviewsoutdoor poollake georgehot tubsaratoga springscoffee and donutscontinental breakfastrace trackballoon festivalclean roomschain hotelsplace to stayminute drivedefinitely stay here againpoolsmotelratespillows
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife and I and our friend Tom stayed at the Landmark while attending the Americade Motorcycle Rally in Lake George. The Inn is about 10 miles south of Lake George and close to I-87. Reasonably priced, clean with several amenities. It was obvious that the facilities and grounds were well maintained. Actually, I would say meticulously maintained. Friendly staff. You can't go wrong staying here while in the Lake George/Sarasota area. There is Fitzgeralds Dango's Steakhouse Irish Pub/Sports Bar across the road from the Landmark. The food was good, the service so-so, but, buyer beware. We were there on a Monday night, wing night. We didn't have wings but unbeknownst to us because we were not told by the waitress nor was it listed on the menu, there are no free soda refills. Soda was $3.50 a glass and the waitress was only too happy to keep bringing us sodas. Of course we were shocked when we got the bill and when asked about it, the hostess just shrugged it off because it was "wing night". Better off you go just a short ride up the highway to Ron & Cathy's for plain good food at reasonable prices or the Iron Pig BBQ. We tried both and recommend either of those places.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have to start off by saying that when I read Sherri M's post, I thought it was my own words and it explained everything that I felt about the motor inn. We stayed here based on a recommendation from a friend while we were in town for a concert. We were not dissappointed at all. As we pulled up, the motor inn had very nice curb appeal. As we checked in (front desk staff were super friendly and professional) I happened to ask if there was a way that they could put us and our friends next to each other. They stated that rooms had already been assigned and they they would see what they could do. Well low and behold, our friends from another state were in the room next to us and they didn't need to rearrange anything, yah!!! We walked into the room and were pleasantly surprised, room & bathroom were super clean. Loved the fact that it had a small frig in it. Didn't use the tv, closet, iron or hairdryer so I can't comment on them. The small toiletries were very nice and sufficient as well. The bed was very comfy and I normally don't sleep well in hotels. We made very good use of ice machine, no complaints. Our room faced the gazebo side and the noise volume from passing traffic was very minimal. We will defintiely be returning here in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Angie0531
Reviewed 25 May 2014

From the outside, there is really nothing that distinguishes this motel from any other park-in-front-of-your-room motel left over from the 60s, the type of motel that I have always strived to avoid in the past (and there seem to be at least a half-dozen of them on the same road). Although pulling into parking lot I began to have second thoughts, I trusted the reviews from my Tripadvisor colleagues and bravely marched into lobby.

One step through the door and I knew the reviewers on Tripadvisor had steered me well again. Inside the lobby, I could immediately tell that this was no ordinary drive-up motel; the owners and managers clearly take great pride in their establishment and have put great effort into making sure the facility is well-appointed, clean, and comfortable. The lobby area includes a a wonderfully done parlor-ish seating area with huge fireplace and a pool table; it looked like a great place to just hang out (free tea, coffee, and hot cocoa too). It's worth noting that the desk is staffed 24 hours a day.

After checking in (the attendant was very friendly and yet very professional), I was very optimistic about how the room would be, and I was not disappointed. My thought walking through the door was, "This is nice. (Happy sigh.)" The room was every bit as nice as the type of rooms we normally stay in (upper midrange national chains), with all the things I would have expected from that type of room (including hair dryer, ironing board and iron, nice toiletries, and even a small refrigerator) The room and the bathroom were spotless and very well-maintained. Everything about the room was clean and comfortable. I would have happily stayed there a week (but we only needed a place to stay after a concert at the Glens Falls Civic Center before doing the three-hour drive home).

If we're ever in the area again, we'll definitely be staying here.

Room Tip: The motel is shaped like a T with rooms on both sides of each segment. We were in one of the sides facing Route 9 and the noise was noticeable, but not terrible. Try asking for a room on one of the sides that doesn't face either Route 9 or Route 197 (smaller, but still well used).
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sherri M
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I won't say anything really negative about Landmark Motor Inn, but I can't say anything terrific about it, either. It's a place to stay. It was relatively clean, though my room had a faint smell of something off (sneakers?), and when I arrived and stripped off the bedspread--something I do immediately in any hotel /motel--I found a number of long, dark hairs caught up in the blanket underneath. Staff were very good about giving me a new blanket, yet didn't seem upset about the hairy one. Staff, in general, were very friendly and responsive to questions / needs.

It's a basic place, apparently mostly occupied by contractors, based on the number of contractors' trucks and vans in the parking lot. Nothing wrong with that--in my hotel experience, that signifies cheap prices more than anything else. The room was good-sized, the bathroom a little cramped. But there was plenty of hot water, and nothing wrong with the standard wood-grained furniture. Would I come back again? Not with my wife, who I know wouldn't stay here. By myself? Sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gathering_No_Moss_1
Reviewed 26 April 2014

After staying at the Hilton Garden in Newburgh, the Landmark seemed quite dated from the outside. It certainly had a motel feel to it and perhaps even an old fashioned motor court. But the people were nice, the rooms were comfortable and it cost half as much as the Hilton Garden. I wouldn't have picked it out but my company made the arrangements and I am glad they did. I would choose it over a brand name because it was clean and comfortable and inexpensive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business