“Good inexpensive food”

More attraction details
Owner description: Great New Vegan And Vegetarian Cooking School In Chiang Mai,, No Msg Or Chemicals,, Small Class Ie Max 6 And Pick Your Own Dishes To Cook,,, Pick Up From Hotel And Very Well Run.
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We found this restaurant quite by accident, and the two veggies in our party of 5 were keen to try it. The service was slow but the staff were very friendly. The food was good with a very wide selection of basic Thai dishes. I am a committed carnivore, but i did not complain with my tofu red curry which was served in a coconut, with steamed rice on the side. Basic decor and setting but very good value for money.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"thailand"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I don't like complaining and am in general open to foreign cultures and the new experiences they may bring. But bad service is the same everywhere. The food is good but staff is unattentive, lazy, uninterested and rude. Food comes out of the kitchen slow and infrequently... Too bad, could be a successtory, but its not right now, it was rather quiet...

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Once again lonely plant tricks me !
After reading about this place in the guide book and finding the venue i was eager to see what the menu was like, they had a large menu - although it was all very basic veg food - nothing compared to the variety and new foods that other veg restaurants offer.
The fried tofu with ginger was sooo bland, cold inside, and tasted like it was left overs from weeks ago ! The dipping sauce was just a bottle/store bought one.
The main was soo small and some of the vegetables (mainly the chinese lefty greens) had dirt still on them!!
The lady at the service counter was also quite unfriendly and abrupt - almost rude.
I will not be returning here!

Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

We ate in the restaurant and enjoyed it so we booked the cooking class.

It was just myself and travel partner in the class and we made 9 dishes of our choosing. It was great!

Staff were lovely, food was fresh and the whole experience was a lot of fun.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

In this good vegeterian restaurant is a cooking school upstairs. You choose the 6 dishes you want to make. They can handle a max of 6 people a day. The morning I went, I was alone with ex-Buddist Ken who was lovely and had good English so I could ask him all my questions abou Thai culture. And the treat was eating all I cooked and taking what was left with me. A wonderful morning and meal for 1000 bhat.