Point Reyes Hostel
US$347
US$250
The Continental Inn(Tomales)(Great Value!)
US$253
Hotel Petaluma(Petaluma)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$140
AscendHotels
Metro Hotel & Cafe(Petaluma)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$95
Hotels.com
US$99
US$123
Valley Ford Hotel(Valley Ford)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewspoint reyesthe kitchenprivate roombunk bedshiking trailslimantour beachmain buildingcommon areasoff the beaten pathbring your ownmy sonfront desk staffa great experiencebeautiful areafresh airlong driveinteresting people
Reviewed 26 April 2010

Attended the 1st Point Reyes Birding Festival this weekend and driving from Modesto I decided to spend the weekend at Pt Reyes. I've always wanted to stay in a hostel at a litehouse so I thought to stay at the Pt Reyes hostel for my first nite. I always try to stay at a different place when visiting Pt Reyes so one nite at the hostel and one nite at a lodge fit well.
I liked the hostel and the friendly atmosphere. Also made me reconnect with living in California and how people travel from all over the world just to visit here.
The Hostel is in Point Reyes Park and is secluded but close to the ocean and wildlife. The accommodations kindof reminded me of boot camp and living w/others in an open environment. If u don't mind spending the nite for a STEAL of around $20 a nite it is perfect. It is clean, has restrooms; yes, one stall w/curtains and one with doors, and it is dormitory style, (but is is a hostel). The woman's dorm is 8 bunks and a close fit, I did check in early to get a bottom bunk!! If u r there to hike, enjoy the beach and need a bed to sleep in maybe a kitchen and friendly people this is GREAAT!! I didn't use the kitchen, but it looked like a good size and the bed was a bunk but it fit my needs for the nite. And yeah, well I really didnt know women snored that loudly but I had a great stay and want to come back with a group of friends to enjoy a wonderful time at Pt. Reyes!
The hostess was very friendly and made everyone feel comfortable w/their stay!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank sshikers
Reviewed 16 September 2009

We spent a night here, the dorms are pretty crowded. My sons reported major snoring in the men's dorm. The wonan's dorm was fine. Friendly older crowd. The kitchen, bathroom and living room were nice and clean. You cannot beat the location. On our short walk to the ocean we saw deer, elk, hawks, pelicans, quail....Not critters we see in Hawaii. So it was pretty special. Only minor drawback, no wireless. would have been nice.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jmk1
Reviewed 9 September 2009

I loved this place for its location and atmosphere. Maybe I lucked out but the people staying this place were all very nice as was the girl managing the hostel. It did get pretty crowded since it was a long weekend. This bothered some guests I could tell but it didnt really affect me because I wasnt using the kitchen or anything. Mind you, some people cook full fledged meals so you may have to wait to use the kitchen.

The up side:

- Cheap!!
- Excellent location inside the National Seashore area.
- Great access to trails and surrounding areas, you can spend a lot of time just exploring near the hostel without having to go far
- Hostel has a nice vibe to it with a cozy common area and deck, perfect for meals (there is no alcohol allowed)
- You will likely meet some interesting folks
- Great if you dont care much about luxury and more about adventure and being near natural beauty

The down side:

- Hard to sleep on crowded days. There was a snoring orchestra that essentially ruled out any possibility of sleep for me. They do sell ear plugs at 50 cents a pop
- Only one shower in the men's bathroom.
- Kitchen gets crowded
- No alcohol!
- No co-ed rooms
- No eating joints nearby but that makes sense because we dont want strip malls opening up inside the nature preserve. The nearest place is Pt Reyes Station (8 miles). Easy enough to stock up in the day time. go to Palace Market Deli for a nice sandwich.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank treesatnight
Reviewed 26 November 2008

This hostel is in a wonderful location inside the National Seashore. The host was very helpful and friendly. The private room is small and you have to go through the kitchen to get to the lounge and through the women's dorms to get to the women's bathroom. However the lounge area is very comfortable. Although the main building was full, everyone fit. We did have to wait our turn in the kitchen since some people cooked pretty elaborate feasts and took up a lot of space. But that wasn't a problem. This is absolutely a hostel and not a hotel. We used our sleeping bags on the beds. We definitely will return, especially after they build more private rooms in the next year or so as planned.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 13 October 2008

Stayed here two nights while hiking and biking in the area.
Stayed in men's dorm that sleeps about ten.
Bathroom was pretty clean by hostel standards. Single shower only.
Kitchen was well equipped.
Nice cozy living room.
Excellent access to trails.

There seemed to be a bit of "tension" among the staff that got translated into weird outbursts towards the people staying at the hostel. This happened only occasional and the rest of the time the staff were very nice (hence why it was weird).

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo