“Wonderful”

Cooking in Provence
More attraction details
Owner description: In the heart of the French Provencal countryside, learn French home cooking from a native chef. Hands-on classes designed so you can recreate recipes in your own kitchen. Choose from small group courses for 3-6 people or custom-designed classes to meet your specific interests.
Brisbane
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

This is a very late review as we did this course in September 2011 in the middle of a cycling tour of France. I simply forgot to review it until asked about it by a friend when he saw the photos.

Yes it is a little bit expensive but worth every euro.

Wonderful people and a down to earth great day in a magnificant setting.

A memorable day in every way. Highly recommended.

Visited November 2011

Boulder, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely cooking experience in Provence”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Madeleine and Damien provided a lovely time for my friend and me in Crillon Le Brave. We made a delicious meal and enjoyed a very special lunch on their wonderful patio, complete with a beautiful fountain and a view. We really enjoyed speaking French with our hosts, and our conversations were stimulating and enjoyable. I heartily endorse this wonderful cooking class, and would recommend it to anyone visiting Provence. Thank you, Madeleine and Damien!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Meredith C
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Ideal Cooking Experience”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My friend and I took a morning class with Madeleine a week ago, and it exceeded our expectations in many ways.
The welcome at the door of Madeleine’s home by her gracious husband, Damien set the hospitable tone for the day.
Madeleine herself is warm, gracious, and a skilled and very well organized cook and teacher. The morning we spent making an exceptional Provencal lunch passed too quickly. The kitchen is very well organized with a beautiful view to a terrace where we had our lunch.
The company of Madeleine and Damien and their generosity in sharing family and local history was delightful. One of the special treats for my friend and me, who speak French, was that our lesson was given in French at our request.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank sharron k
Seattle
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“The best part of our two weeks in France”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My wife and I booked a cooking class with Madeleine as we were staying at the Hotel Crillon le Brave right next door. We were unaware that the other group of three "students" would have to cancel at the last minute. As opposed to canceling our cooking session altogether Madeleine and Damien greeted us promptly at the designated time and we began to cook.

I'm pretty sure that we threw Madeleine and Damien for a real loop when my wife (who is six months pregnant) started feeling light-headed and then actually fainted onto their living room sofa. After attending to my spouse (who just needed to sit this one out) Madeleine and I were back at cooking in the kitchen.

We prepared an eggplant appetizer, salmon in brick pastry entree and mini lemon tarts for dessert. After we done cooking Damien brought our an excellent selection of local wines and we prepared to have lunch in their wonderful outdoor courtyard. We were even joined by their college-age son Louis who was home for the summer.

Our lunch and conversation was wonderful. Traveling to other countries it is very rare to be able to connect at this level. That one afternoon was the true highlight of our two weeks in France. If you like to cook (or even just eat) you have to visit Madeleine at Cooking in Provence. Tell her the American from Seattle with the pregnant wife who fainted sent you.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank left_at_eaglecap
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Pleasant and Tasty”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

It was an interesting experience. We much enjoyed Madeleine teaching us practical Provence cooking as well as the warm hospitality by Madeleine's husband.
And, as a desert for the morning class, we enjoyed a great Lunch of our cooking outcome.

Visited June 2012