“Good food, great atmosphere”
Review of Le Petit Prince

Le Petit Prince
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Cabris
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I totally messed up our reservation at the L'Auberge du Vieux Chateau and when I called to see if I could move it to Friday night, they told me they were entirely booked. So... we drove to Cabris from Grasse anyway, hoping to find another restaurant available. The drive was lovely and we were happy to find many restaurants to choose from. We decided on Le Petit Prince and were very happy we did. It looked like it might rain, so we chose to eat under the awning-covered area which still had plenty of access to the early evening air. I chose the veal stewed with carrots and my husband went with the 30 euro multi-course meal including salad, entree, and dessert. The salad was so large we shared it (nicoise). The entrees were delicious. Our waiter was fun and corrected my French when I made a mistake instead of switching to English. I liked that. The interior is also quite nice.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

A lovely setting, attentive staff and gorgeous food and wine.When we got there we saw there was an option of cuban lobster so we decided to take this dish, whilst waiting for it all we were treated to a dish of gambas in a garlic sauce, absolutely delicious then the lobster arrived WOW nice sized delicious! the puddings devine the lemon tart out of this world! and to finish try the french coffee!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Decent food, but not good value, and the service was hurried. It was early afternoon, so no need to save the kitchen hassle. We didn't return.

Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

We chose this restaurant on the suggestion of a friend of ours and the result was excellent. The food is good and the service as well. The atmosphere is very romantique with a wooden roof that makes the ambient inside warm and welcoming. The prices are quite high but acceptable.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Le Petit Prince is to Cabris what La Tour d'Argent is to Paris! An institution for locals and regular visitors to the village. It has changed owner and chefs several times in the last few years and it doesn't seem to quite find its traditional French cuisine identity. During our last visit there a couple of months ago, we were pleasently surprised to see and taste the improved quality of the food, service and attitude of the service. I don't know if the present owners and chef are the same as the ones we experienced a couple of years ago, when it changed owners and went from a French/Spanish Mediterrenean style to a "home-made French rather heavy style", with uncomplicated menus and laid back service. Prices are acceptable and it seems to me that they are making an effort to find an identity. We'll try it again for sure.