“Wed. Night Music Experience”
Review of Bankfoot Inn

Bankfoot Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Bankfoot B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Bankfoot Inn is a lovely & quaint inn. The owners are friendly and make you feel comfortable. Our room had a sink and we shared a bath in the hall (we never had to wait)- all very clean and comfortable. The food is delicious with a nice selection. We were there on a Wednesday night and able to enjoy and take part in the music provided by local musicians that gather there. It was wonderful to meet so many locals and feel so welcome. The music was incredible - very talented musicians. Staying at the Bankfoot Inn is our favorite memory of our 2 week trip to Scotland.

Room Tip: A room with a shared bath is a bit cheaper and our room had a sink in it which was nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I arrived in the later part of the evening, a lone traveller on the way from Dunblane to the Highlands. I chose this inn as it was in the good beer guide. As I walked in, I was warmly greeted by my first name - how nice! I planned to spend the rest of the evening in the bar, hoping for a bit of conversation, and that is exactly what I got! I was drawn into the chat and fun, and had a great time! There was two good beers on and one of them, Inveralmond Ossian, I can honestly say was the nicest 'golden ale' I have ever had. I loved it! I had a great evening, slept well and ate a super freshly cooked breakfast - delicious! I finished off with a quick trip to nearby Stewart Tower for the ice-cream they make - also delicious! I wished my husband had been there,

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CdeCCumbria
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We chose the Bankfoot Inn as the halfway point on our long journey home from touring the Outer Hebrides to our home in Yorkshire and we couldn't have made a better choice. We had a very friendly welcome from the landlady and the two pub labradors and the pub cat. Our room, at the front of the inn was lovely. Recently refurbished, the room was really cosy with a very comfy bed and fab shower (plenty of room and really powerful). If our room was one of the haunted rooms in the inn then I certainly didn't notice as I slept like a log (mostly aided by the lovely food and bottle of wine that we consumed in the pub's dining room). I did wake once though to hear a knocking/tapping noise which repeated itself a couple of times but the people in the next room had a dog with them and I think it might have been his tail wagging against the floor. (or was it?????) Anyway, we had a very good nights sleep followed by a very nice breakfast.
If I had to have a moan then the only thing I would mention is the lack of black pudding with our breakfast. Having spent 10 days touring around the Highlands and Islands of Scotland we had acquired quite a taste for it and had come to expect it with every breakfast. Other than that I really can't find anything to complain about. Oh... I forgot! .... The weather! It rained the whole time we were there! But then, it was Scotland!

Room Tip: You could ask for a haunted room................ Apparently the Scottish psychic society say it is v...
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here on our way north, The owners were lovely, it proved to be friendly clean and quite, our was huge with on suite facilities, the evening meal was v.good and so was the breakfast and all reasonably priced. What more could you ask for?

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was attending an overnight wedding nearby so booked the Bankfoot for one night.I was concerned about a shared bathroom(some rooms have their own) but my room had a sink so it was not much of a problem for one night only.The shared Bathroom was spotlessly clean and very modern.I arrived with my bike as I used this to pedal and pick up my car the next day.The owners helped me store this with their own bikes and helped me get it out when required which was very helpful.The pub itself is excellent,very cosy and I can imagine a great place to sit in the winter months with their log fire.I would recommend The Bankfoot to anyone who wants to visit the local area but is not bothered about massive hotel facilities.

1  Thank Dean C
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as we were going to a wedding in Dunkeld. Very quaint wee place. Room was clean and homely. Breakfast was good. Reasonable priced. However anyone wanting to eat at night is advised to book in advance as it is a popular eating place for locals. Will definitely consider returning.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

A cosy inn, very friendly staff and locals, the rooms was fantastic and although it said shared bathroom we were put in an area where we didn't have to. The bathroom was very modern and huge!! Breakfast was fantastic. The hotel was on the main road but we didn't hear any traffic.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bankfoot
Tayside Hotel
Atholl Arms Hotel
Atholl Arms Hotel
#2 of 3 in Dunkeld
Hollyburn House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Bankfoot Inn? Share your experiences!