All reviewslocal musicianswarm welcomefriendly localscosy barcomfortable rooma great place to stayfeel very welcomelovely mealother guestspleasant staystayed for one nightpub catcooked breakfasthigh standardsusanrabale
Reviewed 11 October 2014

My canine and i arrived in early evening and had a excellent pint of ale (from a choice of 3 en draught) after we got our stuff into our room. I choose to have the chicken Jalfrezi for tea and was delighted they asked me how hot i wanted it and made it to my specification. Walkies around Bankfoot then back in for outstanding quality of folk music performed by local folks with talent! We settled into our room at the end of the performances and slept well and were roused with a hearty breakfast made the way and time i requested. I cannot fault the whole night and i am told i am picky!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 October 2014

Wednesday night is folk night, not to our taste and went on longer than the scheduled 11pm finish. We'd had a long day and had an early start so somewhat disturbing . Nice spacious room, good food, very friendly

Room Tip: Superior room was very spacious
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2014

The Inn is a traditional building, with a very nice bar and restautant area. The staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming when I arrived and could noit have done more to help and make me feel weclome. Good selction of beers (real ales) and excellent food; I had two evening meals and breakfasts.

My room was spacious and well decortaed, with all teh facilities you could want.

I woudl throughly recommend the Bankfoot Inn.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 September 2014

Two couples had a wonderful two day stay at the inn. The meals were well prepared and the bar provided for an ample selection. The small scale and historic feel of the Inn made for a wonderful experience. A great location to take daytrips from and easy to find. Would be pleased to return again in the future.

Room Tip: limited number of rooms, so reserve early to avoid the shared bathroom (although it was very clean) as we prefer an ensuite bath.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Breakfast was a joke. I was offered three time-slots to have breakfast. I took the middle option of 8:15am. I arrived on time to find 2 other guests sat on the stairs in the dark – locked out of the breakfast area. I assume they had sat there since 8am. I went back to my room and returned after 10 minutes and the other 2 guests were gone – but the door was now open. A small selection of cereal was laid out, but no milk. I asked for milk and coffee, and was the first person seated. Other guests filtered in intermittently. Eventually I was asked for my breakfast order. Being a vegetarian, I was hoping for veggie sausage. They had no veggie sausages (strange in this day in age – but not a big deal), BUT then it turns out they have no tomato, hash browns or baked beans either. Basically all they could offer me were fried eggs and mushrooms. I then had to wait an absolute age - finally receiving the meal at 9:02am – AFTER four other guests received their meals before me (remember I was the first there!). The mushrooms were disgusting, so I was left to eat two fried eggs with a couple of slices of toast. Wonderful way to set up your day! I would strongly deter anyone from staying at the Bankfoot Inn – and I will certainly never return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business