Odysseas Hotel
Hotel Summer Dream(Polychrono)
US$43
Jean Marie Hotel(Halkidiki Region)
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The Odysseas hotel is a local family run business. The hotel itself is perfectly located just a short stroll from the beach, with rooms overlooking the village or the shores (we got to pick ours since it was early season). A perfect poolside and a bar with banana palm trees creating thick and cool shadow.
The rooms are fully equipped, clean, spacious and quiet so you can relax, sleep, read or enjoy on the terrace with your company.
I specifically enjoyed the delicious croissants that are always served warm with the regular hotel breakfast. There was a sauna and a water-massage center but we were enjoying the beach and didn't try them although our host Odysseas insisted that they will complete our relaxation process :)

Room Tip: The third floor rooms have a better view
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ratkan
Reviewed 22 September 2008

Just back from 14 days at the Odysseas which was an extremelly pleasant holiday. OK the hotel is 2 star so expect a little quirkiness but being so small made it a very friendly place. Without exception every member of staff (about 9! ) was always cheerful friendly and approachable. A/c was noisy but very welcome, bathroom a little small but shower, bed balcony and breakfast all very pleasant. Polychrono is a lovely place. After 2 weeks we knew so many people we almost felt part of the village. I cannot remember even one occasion when we encountered anyone who wasnt abnormally happy and friendly.

Eating out was mixed , we would strongly recommend Nefali ,with its lovely rear garden and especially Akrogiali (?) down a small passageway signposted from the front. Moustakas out towards the Hanioti end of town was lovely. Of the "fish" restaurants Flegra was the best. Prices were good most we spent for starters , main course and litre of wine for 2 was 40 euro. Drinks around 2.50 euro draught pint wine from 5-15 bottle. we didnt enjoy the Garden restaurant (red wine out of a carton in the fridge (cant remember the name).
Bike hire from 9.00 to 9.00 for 7.5 euro , rode out to Hanioti and Pefkohori , a lovely flat rout -avoid the main road.
My very nervous but brave wife went Scuba diving at Triton Diving in Paliouri and we would recommend it very highly , almost 1;1 tuition very safely done and everyone said it was the best thing they had done . (Can be booked by the rep)

Stayed: September 2008
5  Thank steamboatglossop
Reviewed 27 August 2008

As mentioned if you expect a 2 star you will not be disappointed. nothing more though, micro toilet (with shower curtains not particularly clean) and noisy airco. The rest is a good 2 star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 July 2008

Booked flights separately to hotel to give us an 8 day break in Polychrono - easyjet out, and BA back - both fine, and on time. Hired a car to take us down the road to Polychrono - very easy run down taking about an hour (though if traveling down on a Saturday beware as half of Greece seems to also do the same - saw big jams when coming home)

The hotel, overall, was very pleasant. The room contained one double and a single, along with free a/c, TV, and a small mini bar fridge that you could keep the odd cold drink in. Rooms were clean, and quiet. The bathroom was on the small side, but fine for a week. On the positive side, being a hotel seemed to mean that the waste pipes were bigger, therefore no separate 'bin' :)
The only negative for me was that when you removed the key, all power went off - including the radio alarm clock, so that needed to be reset each time if used.

The beds were fairly hard, even for us who like a firm mattress. Breakfast was continental type, bread, jam, yoghurt's, cereal, eggs, cold meats and cheese / pastries - + coffee, tea, and juice.

The hotel is situated less than 100m from the beach, and was at the quieter end of town it seemed.

The resort was a fairly continental type place, with lots of Eastern European visitors.

Bar prices were around 2-3 Euros per bottle of beer, with a basic meal for two around 30 Euro.

A good break

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank skr80
Reviewed 28 June 2008

I decided to stay at the Odysseas as it was recommended by my travel agent and had had several positive reviews on here.

I turned up to discover that the photographs had been rather "flattering" to say the least. I went to my room and discovered that the "sunny balcony" I had been promised looked straight at a concrete wall and a waste pipe, the toilet had clearly not been cleaned and the white towels were covered in stains and were extremely worn. I spoke to my rep that evening and got moved to a different room for that one night before I could get transferred out the next day.

The new room was at least clean but it really was a motel at best and not somewhere I would ever choose to go on a holiday. The swimming pool was tiny and virtually on the road; I hope you'll forgive me for not trying the breakfast after the less than hygienic state of my room!

I was moved the next day to the Aparthotel Alkion in Kriopigi and that was much more what I expected from a reasonably priced holiday. A big pool, stunning views and lovely restaurants in the vicinity.

Please please please dont stay at Odysseas, in spite of the rest of these reviews. I know it's difficult to tell who's telling the truth on these sites but it was really grotty and even my rep had told me that they thought it was awful and were looking for reasons to get out.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo