Yogalife Homestay Kerala
Nalanda Residency(Perumbavoor)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
Quality Airport Hotel(Kochi (Cochin))
  • Breakfast included
Lotus 8(Nedumbassery)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsyoga teacherelephant sanctuaryhis wifehome stayindian foodthe riverevery mealevery morningdawn and duskindian familylovely familylocal areawonderful experiencerice fieldsthe perfect hostper daybeautiful surroundings
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed a few days at Solaman's Yogalife Homestay and had a room in the main house right off the dining area. The meals were very delicious, Solaman's wife is an excellent cook and for us although we have been travelling in India a lot, it was one of the first times we enjoyed Indian food already at breakfast.
We enjoyed the yoga lessons in the mornings and evenings and also the company of Solaman who was always ready to talk about India, the surroundings, ecc.
Solaman even came with us on a two day trip (450 km) because we wanted to do some river rafting and Kodencherry was not so easy to reach with public transport. He's still a new driver but it will take only a year or two more experience and he'll take his guests everywhere.
Even when we were on the two day trip, he gave us Yoga lessons, he's never to tired to please his guests.
If you want to experience Indian life and a remote location, practise some yoga and learn about Indian culture, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at Solamon's Yogalife Homestay for 2 days in August and it was a great experience. We thoroughly enjoyed lengthy yoga practice in the morning and the evening - geared towards aspects of yoga we were eager to practice and improve on. Solamon is a patient teacher and very experienced. It was lovely practicing on the roof of his house when the weather was good, surrounded by the sounds of birds and wildlife. The food was amazing and his lovely wife let me into their kitchen to show me the secrets to her yummy food. Solamon's family were all wonderful and we had a good time playing games with his sons. Apart from that, the room was spacious and comfortable and there was a lovely porch with cosy chairs on which to relax and read. My husband also went on an afternoon hike around the area where Solamon showed him interesting local plants and natural features. Overall we had an amazing time - I only wish we could have stayed longer to really improve our yoga practice. I highly recommend Yogalife homestay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tammy C
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed for 4 days with Solaman and his family and really enjoyed my time. I was the only guest staying and felt thoroughly welcomed into the family. Solaman took me on day trips with his sons to the river and the elephant training centre. He also arranged trips to Munnar and Cochin. Priya is an amazing cook and I thoroughly enjoyed her cooking.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed for a few days in February and had a wonderful time. Solaman was not only gracious host, but a worthy guide to the area too. We were both beginners in Yoga and he showed us a variety of exercises. We stayed in the main house in a room right off the dining area and it was perfectly comfortable. We were a little worried that it might be difficult to find, but we took a local bus and then had a TucTuc take us to the village where his house is. Solaman really had our best interest in mind during our entire stay. He took us to a local quarry, on a nature hike, and arranged to have drivers take us to a local swimming hole on the river and several other attractions. He even went as far as to reprimand one of our drivers for slightly overcharging us and the driver returned the overcharged portion. If you consider the fact that you have home-cooked meals, yoga instruction, a valuable guide, and enough side trips to keep you busy for days, this is a fantastic value. We plan on returning in the near future.

Jonas and Aga

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stayed with Solaman and his family for a couple of nights after a yoga holiday in Cherai Beach Resort and I am so happy I did! I stayed with four other ladies from the yoga holiday and we all had the most amazing time. Solaman could not do enough for us, taking us wherever we wanted to go, a Tuc Tuc would always be waiting for us, and one of us would get on the back of his motorbike!! The only way to travel in India and an experience in itself! We all enjoyed walking, swimming in the Periyar River, shopping in the local town for spices, incense and banana chips, watching elephants being washed at the elephant sanctuary, temples and much more in our short stay. We enjoyed the company of Solaman's two young boys on some of our trips and they were a delight to be with. In between all our amazing trips we enjoyed some lovely yoga on the roof at sunrise and sunset to the sound of bird song, and then, if it couldn't get any better, we were treated to the most tasty homecooked food by Solaman's amazing wife, Priya. Cooked just how we liked it! Solaman showed us how to make traditional Chai and gave us recipes for our favourite dishes. The rooms were comfortable, ensuite and had ceiling fans which kept the rooms cool enough to sleep. Thank you so much Solaman and family for the experience of a lifetime, I will be back! Kerry O x

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends