Ynyshir Restaurant and Rooms
  • Breakfast included
US$136
Richmond Hotel(Aberystwyth)
Dolffanog Fawr(Talyllyn)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsrspb reservehead chefbirthday treathis teamwine listsmall portionscountry housefine diningone starwhirlpool bathynys hirexcellent restaurantwhole experiencebackground musicamazing foodsitting rooman overnight stay
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Really enjoyed our two night stay here, we hadnt booked dinner as I wasnt sure if it would be ok for our 7 year old son to eat in the restaurant, but it worked out really well. Yes it is expensive, but the whole experience from standard of service, the food, the quality of the rooms and the location made it worth it so I would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Ynyshir Hall for three nights for my birthday in June.
The hotel and grounds are very peaceful and tranquil. We enjoyed some wonderful walks in the very pleasant countryside and in the nearby RSPB sanctuary.
The room was very spacious but the bed was disappointing. Heavy blankets, not a quilt and the mattress did not fit the bed properly. Everything else had been upgraded! The bathroom was the last word in luxury. We were also a little disapponted not to have a kettle and tea and coffee facilities in the room or a fridge.
The views from the bedroom were fantastic.
The owner and staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
I enjoyed a wonderful massage in the wellness centre, but compared to the many other places I have had a massage, I felt it was a little expensive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MangoSpain
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel for business back in 2010. If I knew trip advisor back then I would've definitely posted how happy I was staying there! All I can say is that is the most perfect hotel I have ever been to! It's a dream come true! Lively rooms, lovely garden, lovely food and their lovely dog Oscar is just a sweetheart.
I love it and if I could chose a hotel for my husband and I for our anniversary that would be it. My room was just heavily, spacious and perfect. I also knew that Richard Gere went there before. They also name the rooms after artists and it's just chic!
Keep it up!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dinagh82
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have planned a whole trip this year simply for the pleasure of returning to Ynyshir Hall - it feels like a home away from home and there has been a new chef added to the mix who is surely set to guarantee the dining room a Michelin star, if there's any justice... then there's the newly built "wellness" centre which will surely be a further oasis in this perfect setting. Proprietor Joan Reen runs a wonderfully welcoming establishment offering the best of everything - can't blame her for the weather!

Room Tip: Each room is uniquely suited to individual styles so I reckon, find your favourite....:) You're sure of a great sleep anyway!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Morgan C
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed in Goya on a beautiful sunny weekend. Loved the bathroom and the spaciousness of the room. Very clean and one of the comfiest beds I've slept in. Such a peaceful hotel. Lovely little bar area. Owners lovely as was their Bernese Mountain dog Theo. thinking of going back very soon.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple