Amanpulo
All reviewspizzafishprivate beachsulu seano matterwhite sand beachsmall planetake careevery mealmemorable experienceyour feetfood is excellentthere are so manypeaceful islandgolf cartaman resortslagoon club
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have stayed at several Amans (Amandari, Amanfayun, Summer Palace) but Amanpulo exceeded even the lofty standards of those resorts.
The physical location is stunning - secluded, private, desert island feel.
The beach casitas was excellent. Spacious, comfortable, decorated in typical understated Aman style. I've read complaints on Tripadvisor that it is becoming dated, but I would rather call it timeless.
Service was of course exemplary: all needs anticipated without being obtrusive. One odd thing - on arrival, the 'butler' said he would be there to attend to all needs. Never heard or saw him again - which wasn't a problem, just a little odd.
The restaurants were all very good. The selection was a little limited, but the cooking staff obliged with all special requests very eagerly.
The SCUBA team was excellent. I got my open water certification during the visit and did numerous other dives. Steve and the team were excellent: they were very patient trainers and really hustled for the divers (didn't have to lift a finger). It's a great place to train for your certification given the lack of currents and great diving conditions. Thanks for the great experience

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Peter V
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This place is pure class from the moment the cab drops you off to the ITI hangar in Manila. Comfortable air conditioned lounge, 20Kg baggage allowance (virtually unheard of for a domestic flight in Philippines). The plane left on time (also unheard of for domestic Philippine flights)! We arrive and greeted with our own guest assistant Alyssa who gives us a tour the island before dropping us to our beach casita. The casita we had was number 18 which had just been newly refurbished. It was very large, clean with a beautiful bathroom that had his and her sinks and dressing area. Each room gets its own golf buggy to get around the island.

We stayed for 3 nights in total. Amanpulo was at 91% occupancy as it was Holy week but we felt as if we were on our own. The beach was deserted for most of the time. The sand is so pure and fine. I know Boracay's white beach is famed for its fine white sand but Amanpulo's takes the biscuit! The housekeeping was of a very high standard. On arrival there was white wine and some little sushi treats for us in the room.

Food was great. There was a lot of variety and great cocktails and wines to complement. I did not get bored of the food.

The spa was fantastic. Set high up you get an incredible view of the island. The treatments are very reasonable for such a high end resort.

Amanpulo is special because of the sea teeming with coral and marine life. Snorkelling is a joy and I went everyday to see an abundance of turtles, baby sharks and beautiful tropical fish and crazy shaped coral. Diving is even more intense as visibility is awesome! I would definitely suggest diving or learning how to dive here!

This was the most perfect end to our trip in the Philippines. This is the first Aman resort that I have stayed in and I don't think I can stay anywhere else. I've been too spoiled! I will take away only the best memories from this place. Thank you Amanpulo!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Avi K
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This place is fit for the royals. Serene surroundings, preserved nature. Beautiful white sand beach with pristine emerald waters. So quiet, with limited guests. The rooms are huge with a view of the beach. Rooms or the casitas are distant from the next door. Rooms are huge, I mean huge. Gold cart are assigned per casita, to be exclusively driven by the room guests to go to the different amenities such as the swimming pool, spa, etc. Day beds are positioned at the high places to get a good view of the surrounding waters. There are activities that are in line with the serenity of Amanpulo, yoga classes to meditate, star gazing, dinner by the beach. Snorkeling, swimming with baby sharks that are harmless at the far end of the island, hobby cat sailing. All in all, this is the perfect place and the way to release all the stress and be renewed in spirit.

Room Tip: Choose beachfront casitas.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Och386
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We've been to most of the Amans resorts now, THIS is the best. My children learned to Scuba-Dive, and did so with great enthusiasm! We saw a 21ft IGUANA, although our butler (Jeffrey), informed us they were harmless. Each room has it's own golf buggy which is fun to have a spin in and if it's low season, have a race around the island in!
All rooms have their own chief and butler!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Nicola M
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I spent six days at Amanpulo at the beginning of March 2014.
Over the last few years we have been to relatively recent Aman resorts (Bhutan, China, Indonesia). We had been told Amanpulo showed some age. Even if Amanpulo is 20 years old we found it still is a perfect beauty.
The island is huge (has its own air strip), vegetation is impressive and relatively wild, there is a huge lagoon on sunrise side of the island and a beautiful beach and reef on the sunset side. We loved these “large” dimensions: they are becoming very rare for a seaside resort.
The Aman Big Brother footprint is everywhere: room service, fresh water in the buggy, sun umbrella at the beach etc. Everything is taken care of by an omnipresent organization which works below radar.
We are sea lovers. We enjoyed snorkeling in the home reef and took full adventage of snorkeling excursions, which are managed in a thouroughly professional way.
Choice of restaurants is quite ample and food at each restaurant is first quality. At lunch we particularly enjoyed the Beach Club and its very real Spanish tapas: quick, light and thoroughly Mediterranean food.
Amanpulo Spa offers an infinite variety of treatments. We had some Filipino massages which were totally new to us: definitely worth trying.
Only minor surprise: a guest assistant was there upon our arrival and declared she was going to take care of us during our stay. We never saw her again. Not that we needed her. Big Brother is everywhere and as soon as you communicate your desire or your problem to anybody in the organization desire is met and problem is solved.
Too bad that Amanpulo is so far away from Europe. It would otherwise be a place to go repeatedly back to for a perfect seaside vacation.

Room Tip: Beach Villa
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple