Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Chetna Hotel(Jamnagar)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswimming poolown vehicledwarka citygujarati thalimain cityplace to stayunder constructionvegetarian foodexcellent placerooms are spaciousgujarat tripquality of foodvalue for moneybet dwarkadwarkadhish templeexcellent staybasic amenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Goverdhan green resort, Dwarka

Guys, I have reviewed all the hotels I stayed during my recent trip to India, but it will be a great injustice if I did not write anything about this resort.
So I must pen down however short a review.

Not a bad place, in an area where good hotels are hard to find

This resort is located on the outskirt; say at the entrance of Dwarka, and on a main road linking Dwarka to other cities.

In India it’s a fashion of creating a hotel with an out door restaurants with surrounding garden greeneries and name it a xyz, garden resort.

This resort proudly displays its Trip Advisor ratings at the entrance.

We found it reasonably good, then again it was the end of rainy season, so there were a variety of insects around mainly crickets, and any insect lover would find this place a paradise.

We had some foods and breakfast in the restaurant, and were not too bad. They seriously need to invest in a dishwasher to keep their crockery clean and sparkling

Rooms are big, so was the bathroom, but without any curtain/screen separating shower from other area.

Did this place pass A Happy Traveller’s 11 points Test?

1, Found the location peaceful? -----yes,
2. Comfort in room ---- yes,
3, Good sleep quality? -- Yes
4, Comfort in bathroom ---- yes and no, as they need to install a curtain / screen to separate the shower area from the rest
5. Tea coffee making facility, hair dryer provided? – No

Will I return to Goverdhan Green Resort? Yes

A Happy Traveller from UK

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank VerryHappyTraveller
Goverdhan Green... D, Owner at Goverdhan Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Respected Guest

Greetings to you from Goverdhan Greens Resort Dwarka. A Big Thank You, for providing us an opportunity to be your host during your recent visit to Dwarka. Your feedback is of utmost importance to us and we have taken note of the points.

Just to inform you that Phase II expansion of our property is on just now and majority of the points be it shower area or Tea Coffee Makers [Though both of these even available today in our superior Rooms] will be part of the Rooms.

Your inputs on Happy Travellers Test is also we welcome and appreciate and if your wish and let us know your real name, we would like to introduce the test for every check out visitor..
We would like to provide your names' credit to this test..

Your effort in sharing this experience is fantastic and let me assure you, we will be ready to provide answer to all the points in YES once our phase II Expansion gets over by October 2014.

Meanwhile, we have already taken implementation of the points that we could do without any major hurdle.

Once again I would like to thank you for your wonderful inputs and a big thank you on behalf of entire Team Goverdhan. We are looking ahead to be your host soon again.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This resort is about 7-8 Km away from Dwarka, on the Porbunder road. The rooms are big with comfy beds. Some rooms have separate bath and toilets which may help big families. A family of two adults and 2 children can be accommodated easily in the rooms. The flat screen TV is bit small for the size of the room. The Maharashtrian fans of Z Marathi family serials, kindly take note that your favorite channel is not available at this resort. The restaurant and the food is too good to miss. Enjoy it's Gujrati Thali at least Once. The staff is very good and co-opeartive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SituSing
Goverdhan Green... D, Owner at Goverdhan Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Respected Situsingji

Greetings to you from S V Bathia of Goverdhan Greens Resort Dwarka. I would like to extend a BIG Thank you on behalf of Team Goverdhan Greens for providing us an opportunity to be your host during your recent visit to Dwarka.

I would like to thank you for writing this review on trip advisor and delighted to know that your stay at Goverdhan Greens had been pleasant one. Such reviews & feedback is the real fuel that keeps us going in meeting and beating ever growing customers' expectation. At the same time, such reviews acts as ready rack nor for the tourist visiting Dwarka.

I appreciate your Feedback and words of encouragement for our Team. Once again I would like to thank you from bottom of my heart on behalf of entire Team and looking forward to host you soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed at this property on November 1st 2013. Property is little far from Dwarks city but it is not too far if you have car. Out side of property look like resort but inside room it does not look like resort. Room size is big but amenities and room decor is not resort style. We had three rooms. They were next to each other and conveniently located on second floor. Our room had balcony but it was dirty with bird pooh. Otherwise location was good. There game room is good with pool table, table tennis, etc. Swimming pool location and look is good. Restaurant on properly serve good vegetarian food. We ask for non spice food and they were able to make it for us. Because of bathroom and amenities in bathroom I am rating this property four star. It look like they are still in construction but it was not noise. If you are planning to visit Dwarks take some food, drinks or water that you can give it to baggers instead of money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank worldtravel11_11
Goverdhan Green... D, Owner at Goverdhan Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Respected Guest..

A Big Thank you on behalf of Team Goverdhan Greens for proving us an opportunity to be your host at Dwarka. Also a Big Thank You for writing this review on Trip Advisor by sparing your precious Time.

I am delighted to know that your experience at Goverdhan Greens had been pleasant one. We have taken note of the content of the review and as reg. the balcony bird poo problems, we have taken care at the level of planning in Phase 2, under development presently.

Once again, I thank you from bottom of my heart for sharing your experience and looking forward to be your host again soon!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is a hotel, although they call themselves a Resort. The rooms and facilities available in the rooms do not qualify for calling it a resort.
The architect who designed the hotel, rooms and interior layout of the rooms, may not be professional. The balcony is so small that it is of no use. Frontage of the rooms is wasted by having the bath room there ! Room entry door and balcony doors are not in good position with respect to each other. Too much space is wasted in the passage between the rooms.

Rooms are currently well kept and clean. However I could notice few signs of lack of maintenance and every corner of it is not clean. balcony was not clean and we had to call the attendant to get it cleaned. I am afraid after few years, the hotel will be a poor hotel.

Most importantly, the room rent of more that Rs. 5500 for a double room, is extremely high for that kind of a room at that location. At this rent, Far much better rooms are available at prime locations, in cities like Pune, Bangalore or equivalent. Even much better resort apartments are available at popular tourist destinations.
I do not understand with what logic he is charging so much in a small town like Dwarka, and that too the location within Dwarka also is not at all ideal. It is too far away from the town. Visitors not travelling with own car, will find it difficult and expensive to manage. Rooms provide only basic things, required in a hotel room. Expected is much more ! They do not provide even a Tea / coffee maker.
May be because, there is no competitor for him in Dwarka and visitors have no alternative but to pay what he demands, he is in business.

Room Tip: Road facing rooms may be better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Anilsahebraopatil
Goverdhan Green... D, Owner at Goverdhan Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Respected Guest..

Warm Greetings from Goverdhan Greens Resort. First of all I would like to thank you for providing us an opportunity to be your host during your recent visit to Dwarka. I am also thankful to you for detailed and wonderful review on trip advisor, by sparing your valuable time.

I am little disappointed by knowing that your experience at Goverdhan Greens is little different from majority of our guests. We have been through details mentioned on your review and wish to clarify few points, however, this should not be considered as an excuse from our end.

1. We are aware about room layout and balcony cleaning issues, but considering its openness and birds population thanks to growing greenery around in matter of past couple of years, the problem have compounded the issue. Presently Phase 2 is under implementation and we have taken its care in planning level at Phase 2. Once Phase 2 been over by October 2014, the present rooms shall go under renovation and will implement revised layout then.

2. Pricing is function of the demand and supply. Now you happen to visited the resort during peak deepavli season and high season surcharge is applicable between check in date Nov 1- Nov 10-2013. We are the only property in city of Dwarka, that publish the high season tariff separately. I am fully agree with you that in cities like Pune and Ahmedabad you may get Five Star property at such amount, but when your compare it with other alternates available at Dwarka, it is value for money proposition during the high season dates.
Just for your knowledge, our regular Published Tariff is Rs. 3500/- & Rs. 4500/- respectively for Delux and Superior Rooms.

3. Again the real estate cost in Dwarka is high and at par as major destinations of Metro and Mini Metro cities such as Pune & Ahmedabad. So Capital Cost of building remains almost at par with such hotels. This is true not only in our case but almost all the hotels of Dwarka.

4. We do have provision of Tea Coffee Making machine in the Superior Room.

I hope such clarifications, will provide our side of the story to the review. However, we fully respect your sentiments and will try to incorporate moderate pricing during next festival season as we will be having 3 times inventory then our present level [say next Deepavli Festival].

Once again, I would like to thank you from bottom of my heart and eagerly awaiting your next visit at Goverdhan Greens. I being the owner of the resort fully assumes responsibilities of any experiences, that we may not be able to keep as per your expectations.

Such feedback and reviews acts as real fuel for us in performing our best, and also provides us inputs for rectification of mistakes.

With warm regards

Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel was chosen because of the good reviews here at tripadvisor in spite of it being located far off from the town. We booked two rooms through tour operator from Bengaluru. As we had bad experience earlier regarding check in and check out time at another hotel we clarified in advance with the hotel about booking. We also informed them that we will be arriving early in the morning for which we got reassurance from the receptionist that they can adjust some how. But when we arrived next day morning we were into surprising shock that property is full. Once we were told that we can be accommodated by 10am. We got our room by 11.30 till then our two families were generously allowed to sleep in the lobby.
These issues do arise once in a while in any set up but management of which depends on front office's efficiency which unfortunately is lacking here.
Other than this our stay was uneventful. Rooms were large and appropriately appointed but our balcony was filled with pigeon droppings.
Do try their veg restaurant you wont be disappointed.
All in all a stay which started sorely had unobtrusive stay and at the end we got complimentary refreshments while checking out.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Goverdhan Green... D, Owner at Goverdhan Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Respected Guest..
Warm greetings from Goverdhan Greens Resort, Dwarka and first of all I would like to thank you on behalf of Team Goverdhan for providing us an opportunity to be your host during recent Dwarka visit.

I would also like to thank you for writing this review and sparing your precious time. Such feedback is the real fuel that keeps us going in meeting and beating ever growing customers' expectations.

I have noted content of your experiences and will initiate corrective actions about special requirements as your yours, such as early check in and/or late chq. outs..

I being a leader of the team assumes total responsibilities especially when your experience is not as per your expectations, and apologies personally for it. I understand no amount of apology shall compensate for experiences that you had been through but I would defiantly assure you that such incidences provides us immense learning out of it.

As regarding birds' poop in the balcony, we have already taken its care in ongoing expansion plan and once we have been through it within next 12 months, it shall be a history.

Once again, I would like to thank you from bottom of my heart and apologies for the experiences. I would request you to consider such incidents as one off the incident. We at Goverdhan Greens eagerly awaiting to be your host again soon.