“A Great Time”

The Stables at Tamaya
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I had only ridden a horse once before -and it spent the whole time trying to knock me off. So needless to say I was reluctant to try again. But I am so glad I did.

The professionalism at the Stables at Tamaya was outstanding. They were great educators and paired us with the most appropriate horses for our skill. Mine was a gentle, smart, laid back horse named "Dude".

We arranged for a private ride and it was awesome. The guide was informative, kept a good watch on use, and was a very nice guy.

We rode for nearly a couple hours, saw petroglyphs, and at times, felt like we were the only people on Earth.

Great fun, I will always cherish the memory.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"scenery"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Can't beat the views along the trail! We had a great time--and were lucky enough to have the group ride to ourselves.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I usually am not a fan of trail rides, but this one was great. It's still just walking, but it's not in a line and the views are terrific. The staff is wonderful - friendly and informative - and they have a "get on" step that makes it easy for all to mount and dismount. I rode "Beauty" and if I had a place for her, I would have bought her! They also rehab horses as well. I wonderful afternoon break!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

The trail provides beautiful views of the mountains and the Rio Grande. the horses are all gentle and well-trained- my wife who had never been on a horse before really enjoyed the ride a lot and wants to ride again! We were lucky to see several large elk on our ride as well. The guides were great and very friendly but kept a close eye on all the riders and their horses at the same time. Definitely gives you the flavor of the old West!