We recently stayed at this beautiful resort and were so pleased with our expericence. It was the most relaxing resort we have ever stayed in. The hotel staff were very helpful, and the food was excellent. We ate in the Santa Ana Cafe and the Rio Grand Lounge. We had the best Salmon I ever tasted in the Santa Ana Cafe, and when we told our waiter our compliments, Chef Joshua came out to meet us and tell us how the dish was inspired and prepared.
They have 3 relaxing swimming pools, with a water slide area and an adults-only pool and there are tennis courts, basketball courts, and a large area to watch humming birds. My husband and I took long walks on the Bosque Trail wich is a 1 mile loop near the resort that takes you through the Cottonwood forest and along the Rio Grande River. We also enjoyed long bike rides (no charge to resort guests) on the North Turquoise Trail which took us 1 mile north of the resort to the Stables at Tamaya, which has many horses to ride or just enjoy. The staff there is extremely nice, and took us on a tour of their facility and explained all about the horses (many of which are rescued horses) and how they are rasied. You will even get to meet the friendly barn cat. You can go for horse rides, and at special times you can take a hay rides along the facilites in the resort and come back to the resort for a S'mores cookout. This trip we did not bring our granddaughters with us, but we plan to make a return trip there next year with them. They offer many special acitives for children, like pottery classes, scavenger hunts, jewlery making, stories under the stars. At the conclusion of that event you can make S'mores around a camp fire (too many activites to mention). This is a huge facility; it also has its own spa & salon to get a full pamper if you desire that. There are many spots to just sit and relax. One of my favorites was outside the Rio Grande Lounge on the patio. I enjoyed the rocking chairs...looking out over the Grasslands and the Cottonwood Forest. There are many fireplaces you can sit in front of and just have some quiet time. Needless to say, we did not want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique pueblo design with 350 guestrooms arranged in two wings connected by open air courtyards, providing convenient access to pools, gardens, restaurants, and other facilities. Most room opens to a private patio or balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Hotel Santa Ana Pueblo
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Santa Ana Pueblo
- Hyatt Bernalillo
- Tamaya Resort
- Bernalillo Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort Spa