“Great all round package with brilliant staff”

River View Jungle Camp
Tokyo, Japan
“Great all round package with brilliant staff”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We were collected from the nearby town and brought to the guest house in the evening of our first day and then served food on our personal porch. I was then very after travelling for the previous couple of days but the staff made sure I was ok, brought us rehydration sachets and recommended particular foods for my stomach. As we were booked into a package of numerous activities we were worried that we were delaying due to my illness but they reshuffled things so that we could stay for the same time as we originally planned and still do everything. The room was modern and clean as was the bathroom and the garden was simply beautiful. All of the activities we took part in such as jeep safari, elephant safari, canoe ride etc were very well organised and our guide on the expeditions Mangara really knew his stuff about the local wildlife. Our hosts Krishna and Gopal did everything they could to make us as comfortable as possible and even with my illness we had an incredible time we'll never forget. Thank you River View!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The staff here are absolutely 10 out of 10!!, the bungalows & surroundings were perfectly presented & an amazing experience.
I met all of the staff including Gopaul, Khrisna & Madov & they were so welcoming, professional & happy to help. The gardens & entire property is well maintained, & close to the river - we had the oppurtunity to bathe the elephants which was amazing.
I DEFINITELY RECCOMEND THIS PLACE AS THE BEST PLACE WE STAYED AT. A BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE WITH BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jayme s
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2013

By the end of our stay we felt like we had a new Nepalese family - we were treated like royalty, the rooms were spacious and comfortable albeit basic, the location great just beside the river, the food delicious and plentiful and the staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and like this was our home away from home- a five star value experience!!! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed October 2012
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2013

After four days travelling west from the tea country around Ilam on the Indian border this place was a tranquil haven.
The bungalow was excellent, quiet and clean, and the layout of the garden restful.
Krishna and staff were very helpful without being intrusive and it was straightforward being able to organise activities over a cup of tea in the restaurent. We would have liked to have stayed longer than the three nights we had as it was a great place to catch your breath and just mellow out for awhile.

Room Tip: Closer to the river the better.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Everything worked out very well!
I had several activities in mind and RVJC was the only one able to fit everything that I wanted to do in such a short trip. I stayed here in April of 2013. I was treated very well by the staff, they are very attentive to the guest's needs. The guide is great! The rooms and food are also quite nice.
Since I was travelling alone I prefered to get there by private car (probably one of the safest ways of getting there), went on the jeep safari and got to see all the animals that I wanted. Unfortunately I did not appreciate the way that the elephants were treated in the elephant bathing and in the elephant breeding center, and canceled my elephant safari! Do not recomend these activities to animal lovers such as myself!
I do reccomend the RVJC and would love to return.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Den Dungen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for 4 days and the end of April 2013. Location, accomadation (basic, though all you need as backpacker), food/menu and well-maintained garden are all OK.

The host (Jeff Goldblum look-a-like) was however a pain in the [--] for us. We made a 4 days, 3 nights deal with him including jungle hike, elephant ride, canoeing, culture evening and breakfast/lunch/dinner (there aren't that many restaurants in Sauraha). Looking back we could have just as well arranged all the excursions by our selves (cheaper and just as easy). Our host managed to present everything which was included as some kind of extra. "You wanna do the canoeing? Oh OK, I will try to pull some strings and see what I can do".

We were for instance also allowed to order everything we want, except for the bottled drinks. At check-out he came up with a unexpected bill, saying that only drinks at breakfast were included and that we should pay for all the juices we had during the other meals.

We also agreed that they would drop us of at the bus stop at our last morning. Eventually they did this, but we had to really convince the host that we agreed this.

Most annoying was that after the canoeing trip the host told us very clear how much we should tip the cano driver! In our opinion this should be done on own initiave. Next to that he mentioned a price which was twice as much as the entry fee to the elephant reserve...kind of absurd.

Tip for backpacker: if you go to this OK place, don't get a package deal. This will save you a lot of hassle and discussion with Jeff...and maybe also some money!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter V
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Me and my girlfriend (wife at the moment) stayed here in 2011 (november). We've already been in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Viet Nam and India, so I stayed in many varios hotels, but this is one of the best. We've been amazed by the hospitality of the staff and guides. Also the room was new one. It had aircon, mosquito nets (thats important because of potential malaria). The restroom was clean and had a real bath in it (not a shower). Note that we stayed not directly in River View Jungle Camp, but in the hotel opposite the road, because of the lack of free rooms, but have a dinner in River View Jungle Camp and guides from it.
The staff helped us to take a bus to Pokhara without a tickets, which were sold out in advance so we couldn't buy them even i Kathmandu.
So I reccomend it to everyone.
Also You should pay attention that in october-november there are dense jungles so it's hard to spot animals, because it is easy for them to hide in the bushes or somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sauraha
Jungle Safari Lodge
#6 of 23 in Chitwan National Park
Sapana Village Lodge
Sapana Village Lodge
#1 of 26 in Sauraha

Been to River View Jungle Camp? Share your experiences!