What to say that has not been said already!.
It's a nice and charming place, with a beautiful landscape, door to door with the National Park, nice rooms and well managed. If you travel with kids, don't miss a walk crossing the bamboo bridge, among buffalos, lambs, fishers, and frogs. If you are lucky you can try fishing with the locals, and maybe chase some frogs.
The hot water comes from solar panels, like almost every place in Nepal, so it's better to have a shower during mid-day, otherwise the water could be a bit cold.
The hotel support Tharu people, the indigenous of Chitwan, and something very interesting to do is, before travelling to Nepal, take all those things that no longer serve us at home, whether it is clothing, books, school supplies, and take them to be donated anywhere. Then the space in your suitcase will be filled, for sure, with your shopping.
I highly recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sapana Village Lodge is located in a fantastic location bordering beautiful Chitwan National Park area in the southern part of Nepal. With an approximately 4 hours drive by road or a 15 minutes flight from Kathmandu, Sapana Village is definitely a suitable destination for individuals, couples and families. A uniquely designed hotel with an authentic Tharu decoration, Sapana Village aims to support the local community. Started as a small business hotel, it has developed as the sustainable and responsible eco tourism project contributing to the indigenous people of the Terai region. Sapana Village Lodge has a small petting zoo for the children. We have rabbits, goats, peacocks , chickens and two elephants named Champakali and Chanchalkali. Our beautiful botanical and medicinal herbs and plants have become the residence for more than a hundred regular and migrant birds of the lowlands of Nepal. You will receive an amazing wake up call by these beautiful coloured birds! At the lodge, you can book a great variety of excursions.Sapana Village Lodge has 28 beautifully decorated deluxe rooms. All rooms have a private bathroom with toilet, 24 hour hot water, and a balcony or veranda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Sapana Village Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapana Village Hotel Sauraha
- Sapana Village Lodge Nepal/Sauraha