The Sapana Village Lodge has a natural garden charm. The restaurant and verandah are cool, overlooking a curve in the river that invites you to watch the birds, elephants bathing, and the comings and goings of villagers in the distance. The rooms are large and comfortable, with the feel of a Nepali country estate. The service was excellent, and the staff friendly and accommodating. On short notice they went out of their way to connect us to the expert Bird Guide Makunda. In 3 ½ days of safari in Chitwan National Park, Makunda helped us to see 140 bird species including the rare Bengal Florican, the Collared Falconet, and the Great Hornbill. Of course, if you’re looking for birds, you see the animals too. With Makunda we spotted 35 rhino in a single day, breaking his own record. We highly recommend both Sapana Village Lodge and the Bird Guide Makunda. We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sapana Village Lodge is located in a fantastic location bordering beautiful Chitwan National Park area in the southern part of Nepal. With an approximately 4 hours drive by road or a 15 minutes flight from Kathmandu, Sapana Village is definitely a suitable destination for individuals, couples and families. A uniquely designed hotel with an authentic Tharu decoration, Sapana Village aims to support the local community. Started as a small business hotel, it has developed as the sustainable and responsible eco tourism project contributing to the indigenous people of the Terai region. Sapana Village Lodge has a small petting zoo for the children. We have rabbits, goats, peacocks , chickens and two elephants named Champakali and Chanchalkali. Our beautiful botanical and medicinal herbs and plants have become the residence for more than a hundred regular and migrant birds of the lowlands of Nepal. You will receive an amazing wake up call by these beautiful coloured birds! At the lodge, you can book a great variety of excursions.Sapana Village Lodge has 28 beautifully decorated deluxe rooms. All rooms have a private bathroom with toilet, 24 hour hot water, and a balcony or veranda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sapana Village Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapana Village Hotel Sauraha
- Sapana Village Lodge Nepal/Sauraha